• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumour: Devil May Cry 5 to be Announced at E3 2018?

Kurisu

Bunny mom
At first I wasn't convinced by Nero's design 'cause the short hair, but after sleeping and seeing it again I dig it, he looks cute. Dante in the other hand, looks like Noctis's Dad.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
Well, just for the record there are a few rumors we can dispell right now that didn't hold water. For one there is no exclusivity for Sony, it didn't get announce at their conference, it's not the Unreal Engine, it's the RE Engine, which is the RE7 build inhouse engine that they'll be using for RE2 as well, and a lot of the descriptions of the content of the trailer were not true, either.

Anything else?
I recall one of the resertera rumors was that it was open world. Still could be I guess...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I recall one of the resertera rumors was that it was open world. Still could be I guess...
If it's the same rumor I'm thinking of it wasn't open world, it was a more open world that allowed for more exploration. Not as intricate as a Souls game, was how they phrased it. that one is yet to be seen.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Wait, what? For this game?

Microsoft owns NT but they didn't develop DMC5. Capcom inhouse did. Their logo isn't on any of the material and I'm pretty sure you have to have the logo on the game's website, which they don't.
Battlefield V reveals shows Xbox logo every time.
Same here with DMC5.
Marketing agreement, dude.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Here, where? The trailer for 5 shows the logos for every platform.
The official Devil May Cry channel explicitly uses the Xbox logo. Once again: Marketing Agreement.

Why are you even surprised? This is the same thing they (Activision) did with Call of Duty marketing agreements. Microsoft and Capcom has been in partnership for years now.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The official Devil May Cry channel explicitly uses the Xbox logo. Once again: Marketing Agreement.

Why are you even surprised? This is the same thing they (Activision) did with Call of Duty marketing agreements. Microsoft and Capcom has been in partnership for years now.
Not surprised, but I don't think that that's the case either. The same version of the trailer also didn't have the logos for PS4 and Steam but we know they're coming. If that is the case, well, it's not really that big a deal, but I find it odd that the one huge leak that got almost everything right would get something as big as platform exclusive features wrong.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Not surprised, but I don't think that that's the case either. The same version of the trailer also didn't have the logos for PS4 and Steam but we know they're coming. If that is the case, well, it's not really that big a deal, but I find it odd that the one huge leak that got almost everything right would get something as big as platform exclusive features wrong.
It's not exclusive to Xbox, but yeah, Microsoft owns the marketing rights to the game, that means any time Capcom hosts an event with DMC5 being shown, they have to show the Xbox logo. Got an announcement to make? Xbox logo everywhere. Advertising the game? Xbox logo. DLC to release? Xbox first. That kind of thing.

So, to reiterate: DMC5 is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Not exclusivity, exclusive features. The leak said that DMC5 would have some kind of exclusivity deal with Sony, which could be anything from DLC content to a demo, who knows.
Dude. Xbox has the marketing down. Look:

If Sony happens to get exclusive features, then fine... but Microsoft has the marketing agreement. That video is straight from the official DMC channel as I said before.

EDIT: Capcom USA's channel for good measure...

Last edited:

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Although the video was about comparing DMC4 to DMC5, it made it easier to see what was going in the trailer. Two things for me was that Nero uses Air Hike at 0:16 and it looks like he uses three jump canceled Caliburs and Blue Rose shots in between at 0:40. Pretty neat.

Quick edit: What's the song used in the video? I was thinking of something from Nier: Automata, but that might not be it.

Top Bottom