• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reuben Langdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DT's got a point, but they can do that in the anime, since he couldn't really get 'smart' in the games due to age ratings. The anime is M rated, for mature audiences only. I love that he has a bad mouth, actually. He wouldn't be much of a devil if his vocab was like that of a saint, now would he?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Can you imagine if they put Vergil in the anime? I mean, seriously, he might not be able to swear like a sailor, but his insults will probably be way worse than Dante's potty mouth. Because Vergil is just that awesome. I wish they'd make a season two and put him in it :( Get Dan onboard to do his VO too...gah! *melts into puddle of fangirlism*

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil's Greed;191993 said:
Have you heard Reuben do that line? He did it worse than the original VA for DMC1. The line should just be wiped out of the game entirely.

Dude, were we high on a sugar rush or something when we watched that clip? We must have been. Reuben rocks! And he rocked that line you guys!

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0QL743i8w&NR=1

The sound quality is bad, I'm sorry, if I can find a better one I'll replace the link with it. But he did it pretty good :)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
clairavance;199925 said:
Dude, were we high on a sugar rush or something when we watched that clip? We must have been. Reuben rocks! And he rocked that line you guys!

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0QL743i8w&NR=1

The sound quality is bad, I'm sorry, if I can find a better one I'll replace the link with it. But he did it pretty good :)

What? he didn't even try to take it seriously. Proof that as long as he is Dante's VA he will never be anything but "the funny guy"

He couldn't even read it meaning he doesn't care where it comes from and why. If he cared at all about the character he would have been like "oh THIS line.."

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
:huh: Okay. Well he was goofing off at first, but he did the line good right at the end. He does funny well because he is funny, and we all love him for it.

Durante

Dead
Drew Coombs was pretty good voice actor actually he seemed to be a smart-ass while he could keep his serious voice when needed.Matthew Kaminsky looked like a great voice actor aswell sad that he didin't get to talk much on the DMC2 .Reuben Langdon is a great actor he did a great job on third game and the animated series aswell. But im guessing the older Dante shouldn't have a trashtalking smart-ass unserious voice. So i don't really think that Reuben fits the cut for the next game he may sound great but on DMC4 he sounds like he swallowed something big to talk that kind of weird when he tries to make a more serious voice he fails at it :D

Darth Angelo

Durante;200093 said:
Drew Coombs was pretty good voice actor actually he seemed to be a smart-ass while he could keep his serious voice when needed.Matthew Kaminsky looked like a great voice actor aswell sad that he didin't get to talk much on the DMC2 .Reuben Langdon is a great actor he did a great job on third game and the animated series aswell. But im guessing the older Dante shouldn't have a trashtalking smart-ass unserious voice. So i don't really think that Reuben fits the cut for the next game he may sound great but on DMC4 he sounds like he swallowed something big to talk that kind of weird when he tries to make a more serious voice he fails at it :D

I totally agree, they don't have to try bringing Drew Coombs back just someone who can fit that balance of ****y and serious again. Reuben does ****y well but he isn't very good at serious (not that he was given much of a chance in the past 2 games)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Darth Angelo;202703 said:
(not that he was given much of a chance in the past 2 games)

I'll lay emphasis on that. Did you read the thread I posted the link to in my previous post? He said the producers have a pretty clear cut vision of exactly how they want the character to be portrayed, and if he struggled at first to get that right (Reuben I mean) then I'm pretty sure he can do serious with flying colours.

Darth Angelo

clairavance;202737 said:
I'll lay emphasis on that. Did you read the thread I posted the link to in my previous post? He said the producers have a pretty clear cut vision of exactly how they want the character to be portrayed, and if he struggled at first to get that right (Reuben I mean) then I'm pretty sure he can do serious with flying colours.

I am sure he could its just Capcom don't want him to because nobody is over DMC2 yet :lol:. What I am not 100% on is that a majority of people seem to think that Capcom have found the perfect VA for Dante when I thought they were closer with Drew. Idk I just liked him better with a lower voice. For some reason everytime I hear Reubens voice I think 'teen heartthrob'

End

Reuben Langdon is the best of the best. When I think Dante, I think Reuben, that's just how good he is. Not that the other Voiceovers for DMC1,2 weren't good, they just didn't bring what Reubes bring to the table.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think Drew Coombs was the best at balancing ****y and serious. Maybe they could bring him back, or get someone else who sounds like him.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i usually dont pay atenttion to the voice actors. i think who they use depends on what personality they use. i perfer the 3/4 personality and reuben langdon did the voice acting for both games so i say keep him.

btw i found out somthing intesting nero's VA, johnny young boush, is also the VA for the main charicters of my two favoite anime code geass and bleach.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;202784 said:
btw i found out somthing intesting nero's VA, johnny young boush, is also the VA for the main charicters of my two favoite anime code geass and bleach.

:lol::lol: I know! When I watched the first episode of Bleach I was like...gosh I need to stop watching DMC4 cutscenes, cos I'm hearing Nero's voice everywhere!!! LOL

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
clairavance;202867 said:
:lol::lol: I know! When I watched the first episode of Bleach I was like...gosh I need to stop watching DMC4 cutscenes, cos I'm hearing Nero's voice everywhere!!! LOL
Nero's voice is really annoying especially when he called for Kyrie's name. It does sound like "Kaeyeay" to me. >.<

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Reuben was given a chance at the anime.He was fine as sarcastic yet serious.But yeah Drew was very good too.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
kyyyyyyrrrriiiieeeeee!!!

yup, that got on my nerves too!! How many times does he calll out to her exactly??? All i know is it got really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom