• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reuben Langdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
^Oh... Maybe I didn't get your point...:$ Sorry...

Vergil's Greed;191993 said:
Have you heard Reuben do that line? He did it worse than the original VA for DMC1. The line should just be wiped out of the game entirely.

Reuben did that line??!?!?@@!! No way... And, he did it WORSE?? I hope you're joking. But, it SHOULD die a quick death from that game. A redo of DMC1 would take care of that nicely...

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
my point was that it could very well be Dan, and you didn't recongize his voice...
and I am I the only one that liked that line...??? so I'm an oddball? I liked that line cuz I thought it came from the bottom of his heart. yeah it was kinda cheesy but who cares...

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Trish67;192000 said:
my point was that it could very well be Dan, and you didn't recongize his voice...
and I am I the only one that liked that line...??? so I'm an oddball? I liked that line cuz I thought it came from the bottom of his heart. yeah it was kinda cheesy but who cares...

Oh, well, I guess Credo's VA could be listed on wikipedia, or something. I hope it's him because Dan is sooooo funny and cool! But, I was under the impression that it was someone else.

Anyway, you're right about the cheesy "light" line in that it did sound sincere. But, just oddly acted out. That's what I've always thought. Like, if the VA just said the line a different way, it would better. But, I guess the words strung together as they are, are just very strange, if you know what I mean. It's not normal English speech. It's sounds like it belongs in an opera, or a musical, not a video game, lol.

So, I would go for a rewrite of that line, still keeping Dante's sincere wish that he "HAD been the one to fill her dark soul with light." It is very sweet (I love his relationship with Trish-mommy), and I would want to preserve that, and have it acted out properly, so as to sound like something anyone would say...

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Trish67;192011 said:
yeah...maybe it just didn't translate very well into english from japanese...

That's something I've always wondered about. Was it written in Japanese originally? I know the 3rd and 4th game scripts were originally in English, so I wonder if, like how anime is done, the first 2 games were all acted out in Japanese, and then voiced over by American actors...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Have you heard Reuben do that line? He did it worse than the original VA for DMC1. The line should just be wiped out of the game entirely.

Nope, can't say i have heard it. Has anyone else?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have :D It was during an interview at some convention, don't think it was a DMC convention though. Maybe for Streetfighter? But anyway, one of the people in the crowd asked him what he thought about the infamous 'light scene' from the original DMC game, so Reuben went, oh you mean the 'I was supposed to be the one to fill your soul with liiiight'...and it was just terrible. Like, cover your ears and wish it never happened terrible. LOL

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie

What is everyones problem with that scene? It was the greatest thing to ever come out of Dante's mouth.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hey, i'm not making a big deal out of anything.... I just thought that line sucked. I am entitled to an opinion aren't i?

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
yes of course you are...I was just saying I liked that line. now can we get back on topic, please?

Darth Angelo

Actually this leads perfectly into something else I would like to bring up. Remember in DMC3 when Dante was like "and now my soul is saying it wants to STOP YOUUU"
I remember finding that line quite funny and being reminded of the light scene from DMC1. So ok the DMC1 voice actor may have been rubbish to some people but surely that line in DMC3 alone proves that Rueben can not do anything but "the funny guy" and as soon as he has to do serious acting he cant handle it any better than the others did. This is why I don't think he should be in DMC5, there was nothing special about him in my eyes. Plus his voice doesn't really fit the more rugged manly looking Dante of 4, they should just give some new guy a chance.

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;192065 said:
Hey, i'm not making a big deal out of anything.... I just thought that line sucked. I am entitled to an opinion aren't i?

Did i specify someone? Yes? No?

I just said 'everyone'.

darth_angelo45;192075 said:
Actually this leads perfectly into something else I would like to bring up. Remember in DMC3 when Dante was like "and now my soul is saying it wants to STOP YOUUU"
I remember finding that line quite funny and being reminded of the light scene from DMC1. So ok the DMC1 voice actor may have been rubbish to some people but surely that line in DMC3 alone proves that Rueben can not do anything but "the funny guy" and as soon as he has to do serious acting he cant handle it any better than the others did. This is why I don't think he should be in DMC5, there was nothing special about him in my eyes. Plus his voice doesn't really fit the more rugged manly looking Dante of 4, they should just give some new guy a chance.

Couldn't agree more.

As much as I love DMC3, that line made me laugh a while while watching the scene.

Reuben needs replacement. Devil May Cry 5 and onwards will feature a more manly and rough Dante.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
darth_angelo45;192075 said:

:lol: Yeah. That was comic. Personally I prefer the funny Dante over the brooding one. I thought Reuben did Dante good in DMC 4, but since his role seems to be shunted onto the background and he's got less lines than Nero, I doubt they'll even need to find a VA for Dante in DMC 5. He'll just be the silent mopy guy in red leather lurking around the shadows.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
I don't think most people would be happy with a different Dante actor at this point. Most DMC fans are attached to Reuben, so it would be awkward if Dante were played by anyone else.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
That was a line I was like whatever about...
I found the parody of that line to be more comical...."And now my soul is saying it wants to *beep* you!"

and yes I like Reuben. I tend to get attached to VA's.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Trish67;192101 said:
That was a line I was like whatever about...
I found the parody of that line to be more comical...."And now my soul is saying it wants to *beep* you!"

and yes I like Reuben. I tend to get attached to VA's.

That's what the Stupid Files do to ya! Seriously, every time I see that scene where Vergil and Arkham stand side-by-side with their backs towards the viewer, and Vergil's coat-tails kinda get tossed around in the wind - I always think he's FARTING! I can't not see it that way anymore...:lol:

Darth Angelo

Cat;192100 said:
I don't think most people would be happy with a different Dante actor at this point. Most DMC fans are attached to Reuben, so it would be awkward if Dante were played by anyone else.
Capcom don't give a damn about what we are attached to, if they were they would not have got rid of Richard Waugh as the voice of Albert Wesker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom