• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reuben Langdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Cat;189323 said:
Think of it this way, could you ever accept anyone other than Dan Southworth to do Vergil in a future game/movie?:O

...NOOO! :lol:
I know that was probably a rhetorical question, but I thought I'd answer anyway, lol!

Cat

Vergil-ologist
clairavance;189331 said:
...NOOO! :lol:
I know that was probably a rhetorical question, but I thought I'd answer anyway, lol!

Actually, I want it to be answered. The thought of someone else doing Vergil is just WAAAAAAAYYY wrong!:wacko:

Durante

Dead
You all like Reuben coz he did a great job at dmc3 ofcourse but dmc1 voice actor was good enough aswell i thot of him as a more mature Dante and Reuben for a younger one,and Vergil voice fits him perfectly perhaps on dmc3 that is but when time passes dantes voices changed

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
not really...reuben did dmc 4 too....so...yeah....i say keep reuben...and if there were a movie, reuben would have to do dante...because not only does he have the voice, he kinda looks like him too

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
If it's set much later then I think Dante should have a bit of a rougher voice than Reuben gave him in DMC4. I mean, Dante would have seen just about everything the world can throw at him and I think his voice should reflect that, as would be highly likely at this point, the ghosts of his past are catching up to him.

If Reuben can do this then yes, if not, not really.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
GamblingGambitCloud;189299 said:
has he mentioned or hinted anything to the effect of a dmc movie?

No :(
If he does, I'll be sure to post up the news to have everyone dissect it. But as it stands, he hasn't mentioned anything,and it's not mentioned in his projects. But then, I don't know if it's because Capcom told him not to let anything leak about DMC 5.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
that's possilable...he knows he just can't talk...I hate that when they know but they can't talk...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Reuben is the best Dante. The guy who played Dante didn't say much in DMC2, and that was worse than the original Dante who was depressing.
The whole fill your soul with light thing made me p*** myself laughing (not literally). I felt it was over acted.

I always imagined that Dante is and always would be a c*cky person, that's why Reuben fits the role perfectly.

Also, i never realized until a few months ago that Dan Southworth voice acted for Credo in DMC4.
Dan was brill as Vergil, as the tone of his voice suited Vergil's cold personality and nature :wub:

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Vergil'sB*tch;191961 said:
I always imagined that Dante is and always would be a c*cky person, that's why Reuben fits the role perfectly.

LOL! I can't believe the word "c*cky" got censored in your post!! There, it happened again!! :lol:

Anyway, I think Reuben is the best Dante out of the 3 different ones there have been. I doubt a better one will ever come along, so I really hope he has this job until DMC is just old, tired, and done for (but, I hope THAT never happens).

And, I just found out recently that Danny Southworth mocapped Credo, too! I bet he was hoping to be his voice, as well, but the director probably said, "You sound like Vergil trying to do a Credo impression." Lol, poor Dan can now ONLY ever voice Vergil! I really hope, for his sake, Vergie will actually be in a future game, 'cause all he'll ever get to do in DMC games in the future is mocap work...

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
interesting nickname for Vergil...
He would probably kill you if you called him Vergie to his face...were he a real, that is...lol...:lol:
so actually now I am confused...was Dan Southworth motion cap and voice for Credo or was he just motion cap....??? :huh:

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Trish67;191981 said:
interesting nickname for Vergil...
He would probably kill you if you called him Vergie to his face...were he a real, that is...lol...:lol:
so actually now I am confused...was Dan Southworth motion cap and voice for Credo or was he just motion cap....??? :huh:

Oh, Vergil wouldn't like being called "Vergie," but, as long as you don't think he'll stab you DEAD, wouldn't it be fun to razz him with that nickname? I'd have fun doing that!!! *tee-hee*:p

Dan Southworth only did the mocap for Credo, and another actor lent his manly voice to Credo Spaghetti. (Lol, I'm just watching a lot of the DMC Stupid Files! Don't mind me!) I don't know who that VA was, but I like his voice. I think it's easy to tell it's not Dan, 'cause he sounds nothing like Vergil, and he probably would have, lol.

Maybe Dan even mocapped another character in DMC4, as well, idk. Seems like Credo is just not in the game enough for Dan...^_^

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
ok, lol...I love that part of the stupid files...Credo says "I want my name to be Spagetti"
I died...and i also could not stop laughing when Dante and Vergil start making Yo' Mamma jokes...
and btw the most talented voice actors can desquise/change the sound of their voice for each role they play....take Monica Rial for example...she has a very very high pitched voice, and yet she is voices a woman in the first Fullmetal Alchemist series, with a very low voice.

Vergil's Greed

Vergil'sB*tch;191961 said:
The whole fill your soul with light thing made me p*** myself laughing (not literally). I felt it was over acted.

Have you heard Reuben do that line? He did it worse than the original VA for DMC1. The line should just be wiped out of the game entirely.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Just to stay on the topic of Reuben Langdon & The Stupid Files, one of the BEST Dante scenes is when he's telling Nero not to do drugs because he did them once, and he became real, and then there was the live-action commercial Reuben did for DMC3!!

DANTE: "I did drugs once, man, and let me tell ya, things got WAY too real."
*cue live-action DMC3 trailer staring Reuben Langdon as Dante*
DANTE: "Whoa! I'm like FREAKIN' out!!"

Anyway, very talented VA's can change their voices enough to sound like a different person, but very few can actually do that really well, so I've discovered. Point is, Dan is not Credo's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom