• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil HD remaster announced for current and last gen consoles

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
RE-HD-Remaster-Ann.jpg

Capcom has announced Resident Evil for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Due out digitally in North America and Europe in early 2015, the game is a remastered version of the 2002 GameCube version of Resident Evil, which featured new visuals, gameplay elements, environments, and story details from the 1996 PSone release.

The current-gen versions of the game will offer 1080p graphics, while previous gen offers 720p, and run at 30 frames per second across all consoles. The game will feature 5.1 surround sound support, both 4:3 and 16:9 play ratios, and different control schemes. The classic control scheme remains for fans who want to play in the original style, while the alternative control scheme, where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, is also available.

Here is the story outline:

The intense horror fans first experienced with the release of the original Resident Evil is back. Taking place in the now notorious Raccoon City, players will choose to take on the role of either S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) team member Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine, who have been sent into the city to find the missing Bravo team. When the team is suddenly attacked by a ferocious group of mutated dogs, desperate for an escape they take shelter in the Mansion, but will they ever get out alive again? Players will need to be brave as they adventure through the dark, enclosed spaces searching out the horrors that await them. With limited ammo and survival items available gamers will need to keep their wits about them to survive the various traps and puzzles that greet them at every stage.

In Japan, Resident Evil will launch as Biohazard HD Remaster on November 27 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It will have a few different purchase options:

PlayStation 3

• Disc Version (3,990 yen)
  • Download Version (3,649 yen)
  • Collector’s Package (4,990 yen) – Includes Art Guidebook (B5 size, 48 pages), “Mansion” Designer G Trevor Floor Map (B2 size)
  • Limited Edition (11,111 yen) – Includes S.T.A.R.S. special make notebook cover, LAMY-make ball-point pen, S.T.A.R.S. metal clip, and aResident Evil notebook
Xbox 360

• Download Version (3,649 yen)
The other versions will launch in Japan in early 2015 as download only releases.

View the first screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2014/08/resident-evil-hd-remaster-announced-current-last-gen-consoles

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Wow, the graphics don't even look half bad. Since I never played RE1 much, this could be my chance. I am getting a PS4, after all. Nice. Now remake RE2 and RE3... really need it.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
This is just redundant.

The REmake was great. It's not one of my favorite games nor is it one of the greatest but, it's one of the most polished games I have ever seen. They clearly put a bunch of work in to it.

Capcom, do you really have absolutely no clue of what to do? This is Capcom's response to returning RE to its roots.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
This is just a remake, and I would assume they're well aware that they won't gain huge amounts of money doing this. They already responded to the idea of returning RE to its roots.
I'm really dreading what they mean by ''we probably put too much content in there''... because RE6 didn't have too much content, it just had too much action. Content-wise (costumes, maps and such too) it was pretty threadbare.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capc...-will-return-to-survival-horror-roots/0120229

Having posted this, I also remember that Capcom said the same thing about the direction RE6 would take. It would return to the roots, but it did pretty much the opposite. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Capcom, do you really have absolutely no clue of what to do? This is Capcom's response to returning RE to its roots.

Nah they said the going back to horror roots thing in relation to RE7, this is just a side game which will just put some extra money in their pocket since a HD upscale is going to be pretty easy on their wallets and they will surely get some sales out of it since they are FINALLY after 11 freaken years releasing this on a non nintendo platform.

But yea, a RE2 remake would be MUCH more welcome to me, I already have REremake on Wii but I may pick this one up just for the 1080p on a Xbox One or PS4.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The page of the Resident Evil 2 remake on the official site has been removed. So... dunno what that means. I actually think it might've been a mistake or something. Only the remake of RE1 is happening officially. I thought for a sec that they actually saw me say an RE2/RE3 remake would be nice, lol.

...Now I'm sad.
It was probably removed to avoid unwanted hype as they want all attention on the REmake for now, however the REmake 2 will be Capcom's moment of redemption or destruction, they will never be forgiven if they f**k it up.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
It was probably removed to avoid unwanted hype as they want all attention on the REmake for now, however the REmake 2 will be Capcom's moment of redemption or destruction, they will never be forgiven if they f**k it up.
Possibly. I certainly hope they'll release the RE2 remake. It would make sense to remake all three old REs. If they won't remake it, at least we've got that Resident Evil 2 Reborn HD project by Invader Games for the PC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nah they said the going back to horror roots thing in relation to RE7, this is just a side game which will just put some extra money in their pocket since a HD upscale is going to be pretty easy on their wallets and they will surely get some sales out of it since they are FINALLY after 11 freaken years releasing this on a non nintendo platform.

But yea, a RE2 remake would be MUCH more welcome to me, I already have REremake on Wii but I may pick this one up just for the 1080p on a Xbox One or PS4.
Was being a little sarcastic because I was calling Capcom stupid again. We don't need another REmake.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
We don't need another REmake.

Yea what Sieghart said above ^^^

But concerning the possibility of a RE2 remake,

Its always nice to revisit certain events in the series that are critically acclaimed and just a event in the series that most every fan knows about, and that event was the Racoon City outbreak.

Besides it would be a side game while they actually work on RE7, they did the same thing with working on and releasing RE0 and Remake which where both just appetizers in the series before the main course that was RE4.

Nothing wrong with wanting to revisit that experience new up to date graphics and possible inclusion of new elements akin to what Crimson Heads and Lisa trevor meant to REremake.

This all while we wait on RE7 would be a welcomed addition.

Fans seem to think the same way since if you go around the web and ask a fan what is the 1 resident evil game they want remade 90% are going to say RE2 or (the events of the Racoon City outbreak).

I personally would like for them to make 1 game out of the whole Racoon City outbreak thing, including the events of RE2,RE3, and even the outbreak series, even throw in some new elements like new story elements and new enemies, just like what REremake did only better.

Would make for a awesome Resident Evil game.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea what Sieghart said above ^^^

Its always nice to revisit certain events in the series that are critically acclaimed and just a event in the series that most every fan knows about, and that event was the Racoon City outbreak.

Besides it would be a side game while they actually work on RE7, they did the same thing with working on and releasing RE0 and Remake which where both just appetizers in the series before the main course that was RE4.

Nothing wrong with wanting to revisit that experience new up to date graphics and possible inclusion of new elements akin to what Crimson Heads and Lisa trevor meant to REremake.

This all while we wait on RE7 would be a welcomed addition.

Fans seem to think the same way since if you go around the web and ask a fan what is the 1 resident evil game they want remade 90% are going to say RE2 or (the events of the Racoon City outbreak).

I personally would like for them to make 1 game out of the whole Racoon City outbreak thing, including the events of RE2,RE3, and even the outbreak series, even throw in some new elements like new story elements and new enemies, just like what REremake did only better.

Would make for a awesome Resident Evil game, don't care what anyone has to say about remakes.
I think it's Capcom doing this because they just don't know what to do with Resident Evil anymore and probably don't even have enough money to dish out another full blown AAA entry in the franchise.

I played the original and REmake. Getting it remade yet again, is a little redundant. I think I still have REmake lying around somewhere for my Gamecube which I also still pull out to play RE4 and other stuff.

I think if they remake it a second time, do it in the style of RE 4. That would be interesting to say the least.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I think it's Capcom doing this because they just don't know what to do with Resident Evil anymore and probably don't even have enough money to dish out another full blown AAA entry in the franchise.

I played the original and REmake. Getting it remade yet again, is a little redundant. I think I still have REmake lying around somewhere for my Gamecube which I also still pull out to play RE4 and other stuff.

I think if they remake it a second time, do it in the style of RE 4. That would be interesting to say the least.

Yea just reread your post and I actually agree that if they remade it again it would be redundant, but this is not the case, its just a HD upscale in graphics which from a money and time standpoint it pretty comfortable, and the fact that it is finally coming to non Nintendo platforms warrant a rerelease in my opinion since many may have never decided to splurge and go nintendo those years ago (although I did lol).

But a over the shoulder RE4 camera angle would be great in my opinion, I know some classic fans love the camera angles, but I myself could do without it, although I would want it to remain as a opition similar to RE5LIN, I think a hypothetical RE2 remake with a over the shoulder view from RE4 would be just fantastic.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea just reread your post and I actually agree that if they remade it again it would be redundant, but this is not the case, its just a HD upscale in graphics which from a money and time standpoint it pretty comfortable, and the fact that it is finally coming to non Nintendo platforms warrant a rerelease in my opinion since many may have never decided to splurge and go nintendo those years ago (although I did lol).

But a over the shoulder RE4 camera angle would be great in my opinion, I know some classic fans love the camera angles, but I myself could do without it, although I would want it to remain as a opition similar to RE5LIN, I think a hypothetical RE2 remake with a over the shoulder view from RE4 would be just fantastic.

Top Bottom