• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rep giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;133013 said:
Me and LOD had this Idea, that you should be able to rep someone at their profile.:lol:

What do you think?

Not just at their profile, but also in PM's.

In private messages, when someone sends you one their details still show. Their location .etc. But there is no rep giving option there.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The reputation is something that someones gets because their post gave help to someone/contributed to the whole forum/gave a solution to a problem/stuff like that in a post. The fact that is has become so popular that everyone gives whenever he or she likes it/thinks its appropriate, whether or not that post (the one which got reped) did anything of the things I mentioned (for example, the post could have got reped because the "giver" thought that it was funny/interesting/etc) or things similar to them in any case does not mean that reputation was created to be used that way.

Its primary use is awarding posts who helped lots of people (if not all) in the forum, this is why when someone has lots of rep, you can see stuff like "he is in a distinctive road" when you click his rep boxes, to see that he is loved because of his helpfulness.

Personal things like a private message or less personal things (but still personal) like the visitor messages (which are like chatting in most cases) do not contribute to the forum in any way. And if you still have to rep someone for something he told you in a message you can always find a post to rep him or her, it isn't not such a big deal in the end^^

SexyBoy2

Let's Dance Baby!!!!
i like the idea saves confusion over someone being repped on a random post because they said something smart in a profile. i think it wold be good in profiles ,but as a newb i really dunno

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;133503 said:
^Thanks for expaining it Tony.

It makes sense, what where you thinking LOD?:p

Hey don't look at me, it was your idea :p

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i thinks its a ok idea but whats wrong with normal way ........ in the threads u can only give someone rep twice for each post , but in a profile u will be doing it all day and then it will start as a competion to see has the most rep

SexyBoy2

Let's Dance Baby!!!!
i think maybe you should have two rep things. like, one makes your rep go up if repped in threads. and the other is in profiles. and it is at zero for all until someone is repped in the profiles. so profile rep and thread rep are separate maybe. just an idea. sorry if it sucks. and like, if you get enough rep points on your profile, something nifty happens in ya profile. like, you get something cool or something as a feature.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;133013 said:
Me and LOD had this Idea(well LOD did and I stole it), that you should be able to rep someone at their profile.:lol:

What do you think?

There we go Black Angel. Clearly states it's your idea. You failed :p

And nice idea J.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;134159 said:
^that is what I said LOD.:p

Nice one one YOUR idea.:lol:

You're like a little kid who won't admit they are wrong :p So now you resort to spamming. Shame on you Black Angel, I thought you were more mature :p :p

I'm still in favour of the idea. I mean, I wish rep would actually do something.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
LordOfDarkness;134160 said:
You're like a little kid who won't admit they are wrong :p So now you resort to spamming. Shame on you Black Angel, I thought you were more mature :p :p

I'm still in favour of the idea. I mean, I wish rep would actually do something.

^You are falsely accusing me dude.:lol: And ur spam is more offensive.:D:p

But yhea, what does rep do exactly?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;134162 said:
^You are falsely accusing me dude.:lol: And ur spam is more offensive.:D:p

But yhea, what does rep do exactly?

^ No it wasn't BA, chill :D

To me knowledge, rep doesn't do much. It doesn't do anything exciting anyway :lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I do like having allot of it though.

I have a question about the rep bars, what is the point?

They are supposed to represent how popular you are but everybody has the same amount(10 bars).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom