• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relevance of...

Keaton

Premium
...the ORIGINAL translation error in Devil May Cry 1.

Sounds odd to bring up, but I played some DMC1 last night and decided to re-read the bios in the booklet, which reminded me -- Nelo Angelo is a 'mistake' and that he was originally named "Nero Angelo" (Dark Angel).

Naturally, a simple Translation error may have stuck in the minds of gamers, but surely the creators and Capcom are still using the original name for the tortured character?

Reguardless of which, how relevant is our new Half-Blood's name with his origins?

Could Nero be relevant/a clue in reguards to the original translation, or just a tribute...

Discuss...

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
I've already thought about this. It is weird that Vergil's corrupted form's name is Nero Angelo and the name of the new main character from DMC4 is Nero. Maybe Capcom wanted to give us a huge clue.

aka958

Don't trust people
Or maybe they just want to screw around with us? just an option. I believe theres maybe some connection between Nero and Vergil but still... Not worth thinking deeper on o_O They surely give us an explenation sometime. In the next game or the one after that one.

Strange, we thought that DMC4 would answer some questions but instead it just gave us lots and lots of more questions...

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I think they did this on purpose, its not the first "clue" Capcom is leaving behind trying to show us the connection between Nero and Vergil

Sparda™

Hm, Capcom knows well that If they wanna bring Vergil back to the fans - huge fan-base of his is waiting for his comeback in the series - they have to bring the same Vergil we saw back then.

Honestly speaking, all these theories about Nero being Vergil have fed me up. Capcom better explain us what's going on.

Keaton

Premium
I agree, I'd be about ready to abandon the series if Devil May Cry 5 was a repeat of Devil May Cry 4 - more questions and absolutely no anwsers.

As much as I love using Nero in battle, it would be a poor trade-off for abandoning Vergil. Devil May Cry 5 with all three heroes would be my idea of a fantasic sequel...or prequel depending on how Capcom decide to torture us (fingers crossed for a DMC2 Sequel)

Sparda™

Keaton;178149 said:
I agree, I'd be about ready to abandon the series if Devil May Cry 5 was a repeat of Devil May Cry 4 - more questions and absolutely no anwsers.

As much as I love using Nero in battle, it would be a poor trade-off for abandoning Vergil. Devil May Cry 5 with all three heroes would be my idea of a fantasic sequel...or prequel depending on how Capcom decide to torture us (fingers crossed for a DMC2 Sequel)

You're kind of contradicting yourself in this post.

Because, If Capcom makes a DMC2 sequel, more questions will arise, as to how the hell these guys finished here and what happened during this LONG period of time.

A DMC4 sequel, explaining all the questions before DMC2 and what lead to DMC2 would be enough to clarify us, of course, If Capcom's jokes don't end here lol.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Sparda™;178156 said:
A DMC4 sequel, explaining all the questions before DMC2 and what lead to DMC2 would be enough to clarify us, of course, If Capcom's jokes don't end here lol.

Totally agree...mainly because we would finally see Dante's first DDT (or Majin Form) transformation. That would already make the game PERFECT for me.

BTW, nice pic and sig...

Keaton

Premium
Sparda™;178156 said:
You're kind of contradicting yourself in this post.

Because, If Capcom makes a DMC2 sequel, more questions will arise, as to how the hell these guys finished here and what happened during this LONG period of time.

Well, it was kinda contradicting, but what I meant was, was to have a game that showed what happened after DMC2, and also anwsered all those questions lol ^_^ -- but that'll never happen ^_^

Devil May Cry 5 is going to have to do some major anwsering though, especially on the Nero Vergil point, and lest we forget, where the heck is Sparda O_O!

P.S. Also, nice sig and ava SpardaTM - such a tragedy.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Representing the King...much love Sparda, much love.
He will surely be missed.

Anyways, they need to make a ****ing sequel to DMC2.
I'm so tired of all these prequel / interquel shnit.

My fandom for DMC is waning too (well, for most games my fandom has been waning since the comeback of fighting games, which I love so much).

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
hm, as japanese language has no such letter as "l", they use "r" as replacement, AFAIK, so there were a few issues, for instance in megaman series Dr.Light could as well be Dr.Right... so, Nero and Nelo are basically the same thing in japanese, so come to think about it... they are leaving some clue.

Top Bottom