• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Red Rings Of Death

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Ok , all x-box owners live in fear that one day there 360 shows those horrible red rings of death and today was my 360's day.... it went red after a series of frezzing on me while playing GTA 4 but i thought if i left it alone for a couple of hours it would sort itself out ....... but resident evil 5 came through my letter box today and i put my 360 in my room , but then it went RED , ..... so i phoned up microsoft and got them to pick up my x-box on tuesday .... so when they give me it back will it work...

Has anyone had a 360 that had the red rings and then got it back from microsoft and it got them back again ....

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
A friend of mine had his console RRoD after two months of owning it, sent it off to Microsoft, got a new one back, only to find that about two weeks later, the cooling system packed up, basically, the fants stopped working so it kept overheating all the time.

It sucks really, Microsoft don't have the best tech support in the world either, chatting to them on the phone is like being punched in the face repeatedly by a burly Marine, painful and something you'd rather avoid.

It's funny though, I'm the only person out of my friends who has never had a problem with their 360 at all.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
I am on my 5th replacement right now, since 2005 I have had 4 360s red ring on me. Microsoft Customer Support have been great replacing them but then after roughly a year they would red ring again, most likely due to my excessive playing on them. Apparently Microsoft have found the "cure" to the red rings, I think the newer models will have the jasper chip which they claim will save the 360 from it's red doom. Every time I have sent my 360 away I have had a brand new one back, so hopefully you will get a newer console and if it has the jasper chip you won't have the problem again.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Had it after nearly 3 years, sent it to Microsoft and it was repaired with new DVD drive and new fans (MUCH quieter) and got it back in 6 days. Was all free and an over all excellent service, couldnt complain at all. They have now got 4 different chipsets inside them (depending on age depends which one they have) with less chance of it happening and another new chipset is being put in newer models soon also.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
^^^not yet ... im so annoyed, i just got resident evil 5 as well and i so annoyed :( :mad: :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wickse;164095 said:
^^^not yet ... im so avoid , i just got resident evil 5 as well and i so annoyed :( :mad: :lol:

Mine did it after i got GTA IV, didnt crash or have any errors or anything. Turned it off one night and turned it back on couple of days later to be greeted with flashing red lights, was most strange. It was stored quite close to a radiator thats constantly on though for 3 years so did well. Ive moved the console since then and never had a single issue since. Microsoft even replaced my CD Tray which id broken when i knocked it over for free. Its not as common as it once was at all.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Dark Drakan;164096 said:
Mine did it after i got GTA IV, didnt crash or have any errors or anything. Turned it off one night and turned it back on couple of days later to be greeted with flashing red lights, was most strange. It was stored quite close to a radiator thats constantly on though for 3 years so did well. Ive moved the console since then and never had a single issue since. Microsoft even replaced my CD Tray which id broken when i knocked it over for free. Its not as common as it once was at all.

lol , thats nice of them , im so lucky that i get a 3 year warranty with the RRoD and when i get another 3 years when i get it back:D:D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wickse;164097 said:
lol , thats nice of them , im so lucky that i get a 3 year warranty with the RRoD and when i get another 3 years when i get it back:D:D

Even if the warranty expires they still usually fix it for free if it gets the RROD.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Dark Drakan;164098 said:
Even if the warranty expires they still usually fix it for free if it gets the RROD.

Yeah , its getting picked up on tuesday or wed so hopefully it will take about 2 weeks to fix it , i want a new 360 :D :lol:
So guess Res will have to wait , guess its back to the ps2 for now:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wickse;164100 said:
Yeah , its getting picked up on tuesday or wed so hopefully it will take about 2 weeks to fix it , i want a new 360 :D :lol:
So guess Res will have to wait , guess its back to the ps2 for now:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had to buy a new PS2 also after the laser died on me (just like my PS1) so i truly was screwed over. :lol:

It will be back and as good as new before you know it. Usually with a free month of Xbox Live Gold Card too.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Dark Drakan;164101 said:
I had to buy a new PS2 also after the laser died on me (just like my PS1) so i truly was screwed over. :lol:

It will be back and as good as new before you know it. Usually with a free month of Xbox Live Gold Card too.

Yay , my live ran out on the 7th of feb anyway , but i may make a new account on my 360 when it works :lol: and start again ... add people from the forum

RannaBebop

Im on my 4th replacement *sigh* the firt one got the rings the second just decided to be retarted and say every disc i gave it was unreadable the 3rd one 3 little prong came out of the power cord when i unplugged it but i have had my most recent one since august and im hoping this one doesnt fail me .

Top Bottom