• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rebellion: the only "human" weapon?

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
So we know Dante is going to have more than one weapon for angel stance and demon stance, as well as fire arms (three at least of each), but so far, the only "human", or neutral, stance weapon we know of as of yet is Rebellion. In the demo, there are control inputs for switching devil weapons, angel weapons and firearms, but no such option for neutral weapons.

So, do you think that Rebellion is gonna be the game's only neutral weapon? Or better yet, should it be the only neutral weapon, being Rebellion a very versatile weapon as it is now, or should there be more as well?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Rebellion is probably the only one of its kind, since all of Dante's other melee weapons come from Rebellion to begin with. Since there are three firearms, I think Up and Down on the D-Pad will be used to cycling back and forth through them, just so it's easier to move to the desired firearm, and not have to cycle through one you don't want.

I know Thanashs will say we need Force Edge or something :p

ChaserTech

Rebellion is probably the only one of its kind, since all of Dante's other melee weapons come from Rebellion to begin with. Since there are three firearms, I think Up and Down on the D-Pad will be used to cycling back and forth through them, just so it's easier to move to the desired firearm, and not have to cycle through one you don't want.

I know Thanashs will say we need Force Edge or something :p

Speaking of Force Edge, whatever happened to it? More-so, will it appear in DmC at all? :eek:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It kinda got left by the wayside since it turned into the Sparda sword. And even in DMC1 when you got the Alastor, which had more moves :p

I don't think it'll appear in DmC at all, since Rebellion seems to be much more important, and was even shown at Sparda's side in the painting of him.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
It kinda got left by the wayside since it turned into the Sparda sword. And even in DMC1 when you got the Alastor, which had more moves :p

I don't think it'll appear in DmC at all, since Rebellion seems to be much more important, and was even shown at Sparda's side in the painting of him.

And it damn deserves to be important for once.

In previous DMCs, we knew Force Edge, Rebellion and Yamato were all sword wielded by Sparda, thus making them very important elements on the story, supposedly. Force Edge contained the leftover powers of Sparda, which made it a very sought-after blade for the antagonists. Yamato had the power to both seal and open the dimention of the demon world, which made it very important for both good guys and bad guys as well.

Rebellion, however, was...just there, in Dante's back, swung around without any other reason to be there other than the fact it's a memento from Sparda. It may have been Dante's primary and most important weapon, but plot-wise, it had absolute zero-relevance. For something that was so important in the gameplay, it was rather disappointing how largely ignored it was in the story.

Hope that is another change DmC brings into its new story, though.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think so. There already seems to be a lot of significance to Rebellion this time around. Especially since without it Dante wouldn't have any of his other weapons :p

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
And it damn deserves to be important for once.

In previous DMCs, we knew Force Edge, Rebellion and Yamato were all sword wielded by Sparda, thus making them very important elements on the story, supposedly. Force Edge contained the leftover powers of Sparda, which made it a very sought-after blade for the antagonists. Yamato had the power to both seal and open the dimention of the demon world, which made it very important for both good guys and bad guys as well.

Rebellion, however, was...just there, in Dante's back, swung around without any other reason to be there other than the fact it's a memento from Sparda. It may have been Dante's primary and most important weapon, but plot-wise, it had absolute zero-relevance. For something that was so important in the gameplay, it was rather disappointing how largely ignored it was in the story.

Hope that is another change DmC brings into its new story, though.

I thought Sparda made Rebellion specifically for Dante so it would unlock his demonic power when it tasted his blood?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I thought Sparda made Rebellion specifically for Dante so it would unlock his demonic power when it tasted his blood?

It was just a memento really. Probably a sword he used in his younger days :p

And what the hell kind of gift is that?!

"Here you go son! I got you this really cool sword. It'll bring out your true demonic power, but only after you get stabbed by it. Happy birthday, kiddo!"

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
It was just a memento really. Probably a sword he used in his younger days :p

And what the hell kind of gift is that?!

"Here you go son! I got you this really cool sword. It'll bring out your true demonic power, but only after you get stabbed by it. Happy birthday, kiddo!"

Yeah why not. Sparda obviously knew that his sons would be almost indestructible.

Back to Rebellion. It's a sword made out of special material which can morph into other shapes. How do you think Dante got it from Sparda?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Might have something to do with his magic tattoo. Rebellion comes from it, so it's possible the sword was given to him at the same time he got the tattoo/glyph on his back.

chocolatepanda

Guns count as human weapons but there's still a chance for a second human melee weapon since the down on the dpad hasnt been used yet.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sparda was 2,000 years old, I'm sure Rebellion, Forced Edge, and Yamato weren't the only weapons he ever had/made/wielded. He provably had a rather impressive armory, on both the melee and projectile departments. So,while I'm sure those 3 were special and what not I'm going on the position that he didn't specifically have those made or picked out for his kids, they just picked the ones that better suited their personalities.

On topic, I, too, would like another none angel/None demon weapon. There'd be two of each and that seems more varied.

seraphmaycry

i still think we have enough weapons for a solid game but since they have a little over a month to finish id ask them for more content

also vergil will have his own weapons:w00t:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Guns count as human weapons but there's still a chance for a second human melee weapon since the down on the dpad hasnt been used yet.

I reiterate that since there is three firearms, Up and Down on the D-Pad are probably used to cycle back and forth through them, just to make it more friendly for getting to the one you want, like cycling Vergil's weapons in DMC3.

majeh116

Might have something to do with his magic tattoo. Rebellion comes from it, so it's possible the sword was given to him at the same time he got the tattoo/glyph on his back.
I believe I heard in a video of Tameem where he said his sword is a physical manifestation of the rebellion in Dante's own soul hence it appearing out of thin air when he summons it in some cut scenes.

AngelMode

I believe I heard in a video of Tameem where he said his sword is a physical manifestation of the rebellion in Dante's own soul hence it appearing out of thin air when he summons it in some cut scenes.

Ditto. It seems as though Rebellion in DmC is just a manifestation of Dante's power in the shape of a sword. Just as Arbiter is a manifestation of his demon powers in the shape of an axe and so forth. It's just that Rebellion does not fall into either demon or angel, it's more of a... nephilim weapon, I guess.

Top Bottom