• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
It wouldnt be the screen settings...

I have managed forums before and to me, it sounds like its the allowance settings, though wether that covers the rate a thread or not is beyond me.
-it would make sense if the rate button was hidden from guests/banned because it would prevent low thread scores...hm.

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;81497 said:
This is a problem...we need help and explanation,and who rated this thread...?:)

I did to test wether it worked.
If it was just a misplaced button for me that didn't work then its just excess code. But it is an issue with privliges.

Admin, mods and contributors can see it but members can't which is what tells me this.

IIRC and if this forum's set up is anything like what I have used, it's probably a simple tick box issue...and undoubtedly will get sorted. :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Probably one of the administrators will fix it guys. I don't see why you must have done something special just to rate a thread;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ lol. well I expect that peeps would start to go crazy with rating .lol. :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Is rating so popular? I haven't rate a thread in my life:p
Anyway we should keep the off topic out of this and wait for the admin's respond. ;)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hmm ive never known a rating to be disallowed or seen anyone with problems with it before. Could a regular member please print screen their page so i can see what options you do have?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Chaos Master;81290 said:
Here it is...this is the page's image i captured from someone else thread...:(

and here is the thread i made...:(

Chaos Master posted this ^

Apparently the rest of the members have the same options.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Tony_Redgrave;81632 said:
Chaos Master posted this ^

Apparently the rest of the members have the same options.

Ah my mistake, i must have overlooked that post.

I will have to look into this some more as ive never heard about this issue before. Probably something simple thats all.

EDIT*

Strange because in the Admin CP for the section he print screened the option says (click thumbnail image).

I will have to do some more investigating.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Weird thought. The settings say that members are allowed to rate threads. (As it's logical, almost any forum that I'm a member does let you rate threads, although I personally don't:p)

Keaton

Premium
I still think its a ranking issue.

Look at the 'forum leaders' page.
It lists my name and yours Tony as well as Admins.
We can all Rate, but everyone else can't -- its the only thing that I can think of that makes sense.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Keaton;82039 said:
I still think its a ranking issue.

Look at the 'forum leaders' page.
It lists my name and yours Tony as well as Admins.
We can all Rate, but everyone else can't -- its the only thing that I can think of that makes sense.

I don't disagree but the picture Drakan posted doesn't mention that it's a privilege or that it's permitted only to the stuff and contributors.

Keaton

Premium
Tony_Redgrave;82044 said:
I don't disagree but the picture Drakan posted doesn't mention that it's a privilege or that it's permitted only to the stuff and contributors.

True.

Uhhh...silly question and may not be relevant to the user/admin interface here...but could it be down to the individual user group settings?

Uhh for example, where you can have guests read posts but not post, members can post and read etc etc...

Its not really that big of a deal - but its a puzzle and i like puzzles :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well, I checked my options and I did not notice anything about Rating Threads. Could have missed it though if it really is there as I'm sleepy as hell:p

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
idk, i still dont see it either. but i guess they will work on fixing it if they can, in any case it's not really that big a deal..it's not like the rating of a thread is going to matter to most of us, we are just gonna post in the threads that we find to be an interesting topic

darkslayer47

I don't know why it does this but on other forums it works pretty well. Is the permession to all the members on? Maybe its to off i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom