• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rate Your Sig's!

Sparda™

Some advices to you guys....

@Keaton: The font you used is called Angel, (I know, because I have It), and It doesn't go with the signature you've chosen to make. My advice to you is working with other styles of signatures. You might check also tutorials on signature-making.
The cutout of the character has been stroked on the outside. No depth, no lighting...I can't possibly give a decent rating.

@Evil Nero: You use a lot of brushes, randomly and with colors that conflict each other a lot, and you basically use the Gradient Tool a bit too much, and you don't use effects on the signature. The font doesn't go with the signature, and It has no depth and lighting...Basically, flat.

@Chaos Master: The Glowing Edges filter has been abused a lot in your signature, and the font doesn't fit with the signature at all. Same problems as above.

@Koemi: The signatures is...decent. The background is in total contrast with the renders and there is a lack of colors. Same problems as above...

tiestosignature1qv6.png

LATEST SIGNATURE!

Evil Nero

Thanks for the tips, DA, there's still so much I don't know about PS =]

As always, Your sigs inspire me to the brim!

Keaton

Premium
Dante Aseroth;123292 said:
Some advices to you guys....

@Keaton: The font you used is called Angel, (I know, because I have It), and It doesn't go with the signature you've chosen to make. My advice to you is working with other styles of signatures. You might check also tutorials on signature-making.
The cutout of the character has been stroked on the outside. No depth, no lighting...I can't possibly give a decent rating.

Where to begin...

Angel, imo, works well with the theme, not to mention my font souce at work is limited, but I stand by the decision.

The font is sharp and jagged, in the same style as the character. Also, the 'stencil' style of which is bold but not overpowering, which I prefer because it works nicely in contrast with the text in the applied BG banner.

The character render is stroked with a matching shade as the banner also, this is done for two reasons. The first to keep with the blue tones that occupy a great deal of space in the image, and the second to allow the finer details of the artwork to stand out on DMC.ORG's dark grey background (particually around the characters spine like apendages and his left arm, which is completly in shadow).

The lighting applied has only been done to the banner and also the left side of the animated character, for one this was because ambient light was already present on character, and secondly worked well by substituing the light source for the banner, and thus insinuating that the banner itself is causing the low glow on the gobin-like creatures towards the bottom of the image.

I have read the tutorials here on making signatures and found them very helpful, but that was a while ago now ^_o

I appreciate the critique, but I can't take too much of it seriously from yourself if you don't mind me saying, because in my opinion your signatures of late have deteriorated in the quality that you once boasted ^_^

Evil Nero

Keaton;123298 said:
Where to begin...

Angel, imo, works well with the theme, not to mention my font souce at work is limited, but I stand by the decision.

The font is sharp and jagged, in the same style as the character. Also, the 'stencil' style of which is bold but not overpowering, which I prefer because it works nicely in contrast with the text in the applied BG banner.

The character render is stroked with a matching shade as the banner also, this is done for two reasons. The first to keep with the blue tones that occupy a great deal of space in the image, and the second to allow the finer details of the artwork to stand out on DMC.ORG's dark grey background (particually around the characters spine like apendages and his left arm, which is completly in shadow).

The lighting applied has only been done to the banner and also the left side of the animated character, for one this was because ambient light was already present on character, and secondly worked well by substituing the light source for the banner, and thus insinuating that the banner itself is causing the low glow on the gobin-like creatures towards the bottom of the image.

I have read the tutorials here on making signatures and found them very helpful, but that was a while ago now ^_o

I appreciate the critique, but I can't take too much of it seriously from yourself if you don't mind me saying, because in my opinion your signatures of late have deteriorated in the quality that you once boasted ^_^

K, please try to avoid starting any arguments, If you disagree with DA's comment, please PM him.

Like you said, This thread needs to be kept from being LOCKED!!

Keaton

Premium
^Arguments? Lol, don't worry, I was only stating elements that caused me to design the image the way I did...no mallace intended, honest! ^.^

I did, offer a view on Dantes signatures of late in my post, this isn't to say "i hate his sigs", but on the otherside of the spectrum, I have see so much better deisgns by him ^_^

Evil Nero

^ I know, K but out of common sense, that's how arguments usually start.
Plus you didn't really give him any criticism, just told him that his sig's aren't very good these days.

DA did tell you what he thought was wrong with your sig but that isn't to say he talks for all of us!

You getting me here?

Sparda™

If Keaton thinks his signatures are better than mine, he can go and check them at a GFX Forum. There are well-known designers in such places. They will tell you the same things I do.

I'm just saying you need to correct stuff and give depth to the signatures, lighting, everything a signature needs.

Tutorials ALWAYS help. Expert, professional, novice - everyone watches and follows tutorials to get better.

Don't take It personal, but If you really wanna criticize any signature of mine, you need to get way better than you are now.

Janny

Dines with dementia
Sigs are great since you get to see what the person obsesses over, and as they change you feel like that person develops new tastes. The only thing I can say I dislike about the sigs around here is that some are either too big or too bright, but that's maybe just me.
But one thing's for sure, the forum looks so colorful and it contrasts with the background! ^_^

Keaton

Premium
^I understand and I apologise for acting out of character ;)

The creative part of me is touchy today and needs a sugar hit ^__o

@Dante: I never said I was better than you and I do appreciate your advice I do - and what I was saying wasn't critising :) I was saying that I prefer the ones you used to weald...rather than the new ones is all ;)

Just a prefrence really ^_^

EDIT: BoT now methinks, I think your Dante image is good Dante ;) The Mirrored effect is very impressive, its not just flipping the pic but also applying lighting that encourages the mirrored feel :D

Koemi

half-breed
^ Thanks DA! glad to have someone that would critisize your creation. :) I'd like to try out your advice, but since I ain't using PS, those terms are foreign to me... ^_^ from the parts I can understand, I do agree on the depth part - want to do something about it but dunno how.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Seems to me a sig is only good so long as the person requiring it is willing to bear it...not all people will appreciate all styles, after all. What one person may deem as awesome, another may not think the same way and wouldn't deign to have it as part of their profile and vice versa.

Sparda™

^ That slightly counts.

Signatures have some requirements, regardless of the 'style' you've gotten used to.

Depth is important. In order to give a feeling of realism, using of tools which bring depth are required.

Lighting/Shadowing are also important. You need to work on that, regardless of the render having been already shaded/lightened.

Effects and color work are important. A use and alteration of different colors and their nuances, brings something 'refreshing' to watch to.

Of course, there are other requirements as well.

Saix

Devil's Advocate
^^

Really like it ND, i think you're becoming quite skilled and you're taking a lot of requests on too... Welldone

Keaton

Premium
^well spotted ^__^

I think the Pie-Crust border is very fitting concidering the theme of the film :D

Top Bottom