• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Railazel's Ultimate DmC Control Scheme/Gameplay Idea!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
You think you can translate than onto a PS3 controller?

Oh, and here's a personal Control Scheme for me. While I took the time to formulate the last with math and stuff, this one is more based on my personal style of gaming:

R2: Demon Mode
L2: Angel Mode
R1: Lock- On
L1: Devil Trigger
Triangle: Sword Attack
Square: Guns
Circle: Evade
X: Jump
D- Pad: Weapon Select
Left Stick: Movement
Right Stick: Camera

Oh, and in my control scheme, you hold the Bumper buttons you just tap them to get into the mode you want. Tap them again to get into Human mode.

I guess my comment doesn't count?
What comment? I don't see any comments about my suggestion from you.

Railazel

What comment? I don't see any comments about my suggestion from you.

Ah, where did it go? I made an entire paragraph!

Oh well, basically what I planned on saying was that your Mode/Trigger system seemed confusing too. Like when I go from a Trigger to a Mode, do I double tap the trigger button of that respective Mode or what?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Ah, where did it go? I made an entire paragraph!

Oh well, basically what I planned on saying was that your Mode/Trigger system seemed confusing too. Like when I go from a Trigger to a Mode, do I double tap the trigger button of that respective Mode or what?
I probably should have explained it a little more.
The modes work basically the same as the existing control scheme.
Angel Trigger: works basically the same as DmC's current DT. In addition during AT Angel Mode becomes the default mode and Demon Mode becomes unavalible. Angel Mode weapons attack power increases to the same level as the equivalent Human Mode weapon (eg. The least powerful Angel weapon matches the least powerful Human weapon, the most powerful Angel weapon matches the most powerful Human weapon) without any loss of attack speed and the attack power of Human weapons increases to match the equivalent Demon weapon without any loss of attack speed.
AT controls:
LT=Human Mode RT=cancel AT

Devil Trigger: works basically the same as the original series DT. In addition Demon mode becomes the default mode and Angel Mode becomes unavalible. Demon Mode weapons attack speed increases to match the equivalent Human weapon without any loss in attack power and the attack speed of Human weapons increases to match the equivalent Angel weapon with out any loss in attack power.
DT controls: LT=cancel DT RT=Human Mode

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm bored I might as well say this.

THERE.IS.NO.NEED.FOR.TWO.EVADE.BUTTONS.NINJA THEORY!!!

That is the only thing that bothers me about the new control scheme. One button was enough not 2.

Dante47

I'm bored I might as well say this.

THERE.IS.NO.NEED.FOR.TWO.EVADE.BUTTONS.NINJA THEORY!!!

That is the only thing that bothers me about the new control scheme. One button was enough not 2.
They did this because it's hard to push one of the LB/RB buttons (or L1/R1) while holding down one the triggers to do angel or demon attacks. There is a need, it would be actually quite broken without it.

Top Bottom