• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Railazel's Ultimate DmC Control Scheme/Gameplay Idea!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I was hoping that other people would post their own ideas here, but no one had done so. I guess I forgot to mention that.
Oh okay.

Based on the 360 controls will someone mind adjusting them to PS3 controls when I'm done.

LT=Angel Mode
RT=Demon Mode
LB=Dodge
RB=Action/Style button(like DMC2 & DMC3 Trickster running up walls)
LT+LB=Angel Dash(instead 1 dash is for the basic action when a perfect dodge the player can dash more than once like Table Hopper 3)
RT+LB=Demon Dodge
LT+RB=Angel Teleport
RT+RB=Demon Block(Royal Block if at the right moment and it powers up the demon weapons using the Royal Guage)
A=Jump
LT+A=Angel Dash(on land) & Angel Glide(mid-air)
RT+A=Demon Dash(on land it makes a dash that gives you invincibility but covers less land) & Demon Stop(mid-air)
X=Guns
LT+X=Angel Lift
RT+X=Demon Grapple
Y & B=Sword(basic attack & launch)
LT+Y & B=Angel Weapon(attack & launch)
RT+Y & B=Demon Weapon(attack & launch)
Right Analog Stick=Move
Left Analog Stick=Move camera
R3=Switch targets but a lock-on insignia appears to the locked target
L3=Center Camera to either a locked target or an important blue/red platform
D-Pad=Switch (Gun)Weapons(hold LT to switch Angel Weapons & RT to switch Demon Weapons)
Start=Menu
Select=a minor taunt feature but to save NT integrity it can switch targets but its mainly good for shooting or performing mind-long range attacks......bad idea fine a taunt button.

Yeah my control scheme is literally an improvement of the original DmC control scheme.........don't see why they need the 2 dodge buttons.:/

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
well, here it goes:
CHOCOLATEGHOST'S ULTIMATE CONTROL SCHEME LAYOUT!!!!!
(p.s. i'm going to go ahead and apologize for the length, but i did want you guys to get a detailed look at the control scheme)

now that the introduction is over, let's get to it!

i shall try to make this as simple and informative as i can. :)
(note: i have created some moves to be incorporated into my control scheme, so i will give a name to the move and a description of what it does)

okay so here's the basic controls:

X-BOX 360 LAYOUT:
LT - ANGEL MODE RT - EVADE
LB - DEMON MODE RB - LOCK-ON

Y - SWORD/MELEE ATTACKS
X - GUN ATTACKS B - LAUNCHER
A - JUMP/ACCEPT/OPEN

LEFT ANALOGUE STICK - MOVEMENT RIGHT ANALOGUE STICK - CAMERA MOVEMENT
LEFT & RIGHT ANALOGUE STICKS PUSHED - DEVIL/ANGEL TRIGGER
BACK/SELECT - TAUNT START - PAUSE
D-PAD - SELECT WEAPON

ANGEL MODE(LT held down) DEMON MODE(LB held down)
LT + RT - ANGEL EVADE LB + RT - DEMON EVADE
LT + Y - ANGEL WEAPON ATTACKS LB + Y - DEMON WEAPON ATTACKS
LT + X - ANGEL GUN ATTACKS LB + X - DEMON GUN ATTACKS
LT + B - ANGEL WHIP LB + B - DEMON WHIP
LT + A - ANGEL DASH(in air) LB + A - ROYAL GUARD
LT + L3 & R3 - ANGEL TRIGGER LB + L3 & R3 - DEVIL TRIGGER

now for some specifics:

BASIC SWORD COMMANDS:
ROUNDTRIP - Y(HOLD)
STINGER - RB + Y + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
OVERDRIVE - RB + Y + BACKWARD ON LEFT STICK
new! SPLIT - RB + B + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante performs a front flip swinging rebellion down the middle of his opponent)
new! SKY TIME - RB + B + BACKWARD ON STICK
(dante performs a back flip using rebellion to uppercut his enemy upwards, creating a higher distance than a normal high time)

BASIC GUN COMMANDS:
CHARGE SHOT - X(HOLD)

ANGEL COMMANDS:
STREAK - LT + RB + Y + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
new! WHIRLWIND - LT + RB + Y + BACK ON LEFT STICK
(dante takes the osiris scythe and swings it around his body in a 360 motion hitting all enemies around him)
BEAST UPPERCUT - LT + RB + B(double tap)
new! SCOOP - LT + RB + B + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante takes his scythe and rakes into his enemy and pulls forward, thus dashing dante forward and behind his enemy)
new! RAPID SLASH - LT + RB + B + BACK ON LEFT STICK
(dante quickly slashes his enemy with the osiris in a blur of attacks)
RAPID SHOT - LT + RB + X
new! RISING STORM - LT + RB + X + ROTATION ON LEFT STICK
(dante swings ebony & ivory around his body pulling himself into the air while shooting all enemies around him)
WALL JUMP - LT + A(towards wall)

DEMON COMMANDS:
TREMOR - LB + Y + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
new! FALLING COMET - LB + Y + BACKWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante slams arbiter into the ground sending a comet down to hit the locked-on enemy)
new! SHOCKWAVE - LB + RB + B + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante lunges forward hitting the locked-on enemy with the arbiter and a shockwave emits from the impact hitting other enemies)
new! PHANTOM - LB + RB + B + BACKWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante charges the red energy in the arbiter and a doppleganger emits hitting the enemy in front of him)
new! DEMONIC SHOT - LB + X
(red energy surrounds dante's shots, making them more powerful but slower)
RAINING STORM - LB + X + ROATION ON LEFT STICK(in air)
ROYAL GUARD - LB + A + ANY DIRECTION(this can also be used with the lock-on)

welp, there ya go folks! i believe i efficiently combined elements of both DMC and DmC control schemes to come up with an innovative setup. with each button i tried to incorporate the ability to do anything at anytime, along with adding new elements to the gameplay.
keep in mind, this setup is only concentrating on three weapons and there's already dozens of moves. so with the addition of new moves, new weapons, and new abilities there should be a huge arsenal for the player to play around with.

Railazel

Oh okay.

Based on the 360 controls will someone mind adjusting them to PS3 controls when I'm done.

LT=Angel Mode
RT=Demon Mode
LB=Dodge
RB=Action/Style button(like DMC2 & DMC3 Trickster running up walls)
LT+LB=Angel Dash(instead 1 dash is for the basic action when a perfect dodge the player can dash more than once like Table Hopper 3)
RT+LB=Demon Dodge
LT+RB=Angel Teleport
RT+RB=Demon Block(Royal Block if at the right moment and it powers up the demon weapons using the Royal Guage)
A=Jump
LT+A=Angel Dash(on land) & Angel Glide(mid-air)
RT+A=Demon Dash(on land it makes a dash that gives you invincibility but covers less land) & Demon Stop(mid-air)
X=Guns
LT+X=Angel Lift
RT+X=Demon Grapple
Y & B=Sword(basic attack & launch)
LT+Y & B=Angel Weapon(attack & launch)
RT+Y & B=Demon Weapon(attack & launch)
Right Analog Stick=Move
Left Analog Stick=Move camera
R3=Switch targets but a lock-on insignia appears to the locked target
L3=Center Camera to either a locked target or an important blue/red platform
D-Pad=Switch (Gun)Weapons(hold LT to switch Angel Weapons & RT to switch Demon Weapons)
Start=Menu
Select=a minor taunt feature but to save NT integrity it can switch targets but its mainly good for shooting or performing mind-long range attacks......bad idea fine a taunt button.

Yeah my control scheme is literally an improvement of the original DmC control scheme.........don't see why they need the 2 dodge buttons.:/

well, here it goes:
CHOCOLATEGHOST'S ULTIMATE CONTROL SCHEME LAYOUT!!!!!
(p.s. i'm going to go ahead and apologize for the length, but i did want you guys to get a detailed look at the control scheme)

now that the introduction is over, let's get to it!

i shall try to make this as simple and informative as i can. :)
(note: i have created some moves to be incorporated into my control scheme, so i will give a name to the move and a description of what it does)

okay so here's the basic controls:

X-BOX 360 LAYOUT:
LT - ANGEL MODE RT - EVADE
LB - DEMON MODE RB - LOCK-ON

Y - SWORD/MELEE ATTACKS
X - GUN ATTACKS B - LAUNCHER
A - JUMP/ACCEPT/OPEN

LEFT ANALOGUE STICK - MOVEMENT RIGHT ANALOGUE STICK - CAMERA MOVEMENT
LEFT & RIGHT ANALOGUE STICKS PUSHED - DEVIL/ANGEL TRIGGER
BACK/SELECT - TAUNT START - PAUSE
D-PAD - SELECT WEAPON

ANGEL MODE(LT held down) DEMON MODE(LB held down)
LT + RT - ANGEL EVADE LB + RT - DEMON EVADE
LT + Y - ANGEL WEAPON ATTACKS LB + Y - DEMON WEAPON ATTACKS
LT + X - ANGEL GUN ATTACKS LB + X - DEMON GUN ATTACKS
LT + B - ANGEL WHIP LB + B - DEMON WHIP
LT + A - ANGEL DASH(in air) LB + A - ROYAL GUARD
LT + L3 & R3 - ANGEL TRIGGER LB + L3 & R3 - DEVIL TRIGGER

now for some specifics:

BASIC SWORD COMMANDS:
ROUNDTRIP - Y(HOLD)
STINGER - RB + Y + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
OVERDRIVE - RB + Y + BACKWARD ON LEFT STICK
new! SPLIT - RB + B + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante performs a front flip swinging rebellion down the middle of his opponent)
new! SKY TIME - RB + B + BACKWARD ON STICK
(dante performs a back flip using rebellion to uppercut his enemy upwards, creating a higher distance than a normal high time)

BASIC GUN COMMANDS:
CHARGE SHOT - X(HOLD)

ANGEL COMMANDS:
STREAK - LT + RB + Y + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
new! WHIRLWIND - LT + RB + Y + BACK ON LEFT STICK
(dante takes the osiris scythe and swings it around his body in a 360 motion hitting all enemies around him)
BEAST UPPERCUT - LT + RB + B(double tap)
new! SCOOP - LT + RB + B + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante takes his scythe and rakes into his enemy and pulls forward, thus dashing dante forward and behind his enemy)
new! RAPID SLASH - LT + RB + B + BACK ON LEFT STICK
(dante quickly slashes his enemy with the osiris in a blur of attacks)
RAPID SHOT - LT + RB + X
new! RISING STORM - LT + RB + X + ROTATION ON LEFT STICK
(dante swings ebony & ivory around his body pulling himself into the air while shooting all enemies around him)
WALL JUMP - LT + A(towards wall)

DEMON COMMANDS:
TREMOR - LB + Y + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
new! FALLING COMET - LB + Y + BACKWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante slams arbiter into the ground sending a comet down to hit the locked-on enemy)
new! SHOCKWAVE - LB + RB + B + FORWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante lunges forward hitting the locked-on enemy with the arbiter and a shockwave emits from the impact hitting other enemies)
new! PHANTOM - LB + RB + B + BACKWARD ON LEFT STICK
(dante charges the red energy in the arbiter and a doppleganger emits hitting the enemy in front of him)
new! DEMONIC SHOT - LB + X
(red energy surrounds dante's shots, making them more powerful but slower)
RAINING STORM - LB + X + ROATION ON LEFT STICK(in air)
ROYAL GUARD - LB + A + ANY DIRECTION(this can also be used with the lock-on)

welp, there ya go folks! i believe i efficiently combined elements of both DMC and DmC control schemes to come up with an innovative setup. with each button i tried to incorporate the ability to do anything at anytime, along with adding new elements to the gameplay.
keep in mind, this setup is only concentrating on three weapons and there's already dozens of moves. so with the addition of new moves, new weapons, and new abilities there should be a huge arsenal for the player to play around with.

Not bad, except I feel like I'm going to do a Guitar Hero- esque finger workout from both of your schemes. If you played Guitar Hero with a normal controller, it can get difficult when they start pulling out chords in a repetitive manner. The thing is that your fingers are meant for simultaneously pressing buttons like that. It is also a rule of thumb in game design that control schemes should have the player focus on one trigger/bumper button at a time and have the thumbs work more than the other fingers.

While your control schemes are definitely an improvement in DmC's control design, I feel like DmC's current system would be more comfortable as I wouldn't have to work my fingers as hard.

Oh, and kudos to you, choco, for your detail on moves and actions.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Not bad, except I feel like I'm going to do a Guitar Hero- esque finger workout from both of your schemes. If you played Guitar Hero with a normal controller, it can get difficult when they start pulling out chords in a repetitive manner. The thing is that your fingers are meant for simultaneously pressing buttons like that. It is also a rule of thumb in game design that control schemes should have the player focus on one trigger/bumper button at a time and have the thumbs work more than the other fingers.

While your control schemes are definitely an improvement in DmC's control design, I feel like DmC's current system would be more comfortable as I wouldn't have to work my fingers as hard.

Oh, and kudos to you, choco, for your detail on moves and actions.
thank you, and i know it seems like alot to do especially with the 4 button combinations, but i picked up a controller and it felt pretty comfortable.

Railazel

thank you, and i know it seems like alot to do especially with the 4 button combinations, but i picked up a controller and it felt pretty comfortable.
Same here I tested out the control feel on my controller.....not so sure about the PS3's controls though.

Yeah, I just picked up a PS3 controller and tried it out. Feels fine (sort of), so I can't really complain. I'm just wondering how exactly is it going to play out when I want to do rapid switches.

When I tested out your combinations, I kind of got lost. Not that they weren't hard to pull off, it was just... confusing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, I just picked up a PS3 controller and tried it out. Feels fine (sort of), so I can't really complain. I'm just wondering how exactly is it going to play out when I want to do rapid switches.

When I tested out your combinations, I kind of got lost. Not that they weren't hard to pull off, it was just... confusing.
Whose mines or his?

Railazel

Whose mines or his?

Both. I kind of got lost (and this is me trying to imitate how I would play if I was going for pro, which means I pretty much playing like crazy) trying to figure out where I was and what I was doing with myself on both of your schemes.

For example, when I was trying out your's, though the combinations were relatively simple, switching between dodges and teleports kind of got confusing after awhile and my fingers started to get mixed up.

Choco's was the most confusing simply trying to remember which combination was which. Switching between them in a quick manner inevitably caused me to slow myself back down just to make sure I'm getting the combinations right.

I'm sure it's alot easier than I think it is.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Both. I kind of got lost (and this is me trying to imitate how I would play if I was going for pro, which means I pretty much playing like crazy) trying to figure out where I was and what I was doing with myself on both of your schemes.

For example, when I was trying out your's, though the combinations were relatively simple, switching between dodges and teleports kind of got confusing after awhile and my fingers started to get mixed up.

Choco's was the most confusing simply trying to remember which combination was which. Switching between them in a quick manner inevitably caused me to slow myself back down just to make sure I'm getting the combinations right.

I'm sure it's alot easier than I think it is.
For my control scheme it rather isn't.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i'm sorry if i made my control scheme complicated lol
think of it this way: mostly the controls are the same as a normal dmc game, except instead of switching styles you have two styles on two buttons. therefore when you hold one of those buttons it will change the weapon and attack.
maybe that'll at least help simplify it. :)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
does no one have anything to say about my idea?

quoted here because i have something to add to it.
(based on Xbox 360 controls)
LT= Angel Mode (Human Mode) Devil Trigger (Demon Mode)
RT= Demon Mode (Human Mode) Angel Trigger (Angle Mode)
LB= Angel Lift (Angel Mode/Human mode) Royal Guard (Demon Mode)
RB= ??? (Angel Mode) Demon Pull (Human Mode/Demon Mode)
Y= Basic melee attacks
X= Guns (Human mode) Advanced melee attacks (Angel Mode/Demon Mode)
A= Jump/Roll (Human Mode) Angel Evade (Angel Mode) Demon Evade (Demon Mode)
B= Launcher (eg. High Time)
up+B= dash attacks (eg. Stinger )/ Falling attacks (eg. Helmbreaker ) (while in air)
down then up+B= AOE attacks (eg. Inferno)/ air dash attacks (eg. Calibur)
start= pause
back= taunt
D-Pad=select weapons ;similar to Bayonetta you create sets of weapons in the pause menu and switch between them during gameplay (except you have 5 sets instead of 2) it seems like the easiest way to select 4 different types of weapons and eliminates cycling.
LS= switch target (for when the soft lock-on picks the wrong thing)
RS= center camera

moving Evade to A creates room on LB and RB and removes the redundancy of two evade buttons. putting Angel Lift and Demon Pull on the shoulder buttons creates room on X creating a place for the advanced melee moves. making Angel Lift and Demon Pull work in Human Mode solves the problem of difficulty pressing two shoulder buttons on the same side.

the Advanced melee moves function like an improved version of swordmaster and as an extra button for combos.

the Royal Guard moves are basically the same as DMC4 except without Dreadnought (i can't think of a good way to incorporate it and it isn't really necessary )

Moving Devil Trigger to LT gives that button a use during Demon mode and creates room for an Angel Trigger with the opposite command.

i would like to know what everyone thinks of this idea and would like to hear any suggestions for what to do with RB in Angel Mode.

i figured out what to do with RB in Angel Mode

LT+RB= Air Raid.

Drains the DT/AT gauge when used (i don't want to make things to easy)

Air Raid controls

LT= move up
RT= move down
LB= Angel Lift
RB= cancel Air Raid
Y= Angel Weapon aerial combos
X= Gun aerial attacks
A= Air Evade
B= Vortex

Dante is considered to be in Angel Mode continuously during Air Raid

so does anyone have any questions, comments, random insults etc.

Azurel

Um, for what it's worth...

I liked Darkslayer's, Railazel's, Chocolateghost's, and Stylish Nero's control schemes equally.

All I have to add is this.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
so i decided to make a controller diagram to show my control scheme. hopefully it will simplify things.

xboxlayout.jpg

so as you can see the only changes i made from the DmC control scheme is i took away one of the evades, and put the modes on one side so there could be a hard lock-on button.

Azurel

so i decided to make a controller diagram to show my control scheme. hopefully it will simplify things.

xboxlayout.jpg

so as you can see the only changes i made from the DmC control scheme is i took away one of the evades, and put the modes on one side so there could be a hard lock-on button.

Brilliant. See how easily this could have been fixed? Change the 'Evade' to 'True Royalguard' instead of Bayonetta's 'Witch Time' (false royalguard) while in 'Devil Mode' and we'll be in business.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Turn 'Angel Mode' and 'Human Mode' Dash into a True Royalguard function as well.

In reality, I would just be asking you to combine it into a Ninja Gaiden-like function. NG has guard, and if you press guard + any direction, you immediately dash.

You don't even have to change the control scheme, just input the Royalguard where the 'Evade' would be. The 'Evade' would still be there, but only if you pressed it in conjunction with a direction on the analog stick as well.

Not to mention, there's the "Angel Push", "Angel Glide" and "Midair Dodge" That's more than enough evasion options for the player to choose from.

Wow, I honestly was trying to rack my brains to try to figure out how to input a hard lock-on and a Royalguard at the same time. Looks like you solved that problem for me.

Hmm...upon a second glace, perhaps you need to change the 'hard lock-on' from 'hold' to 'toggle'. That would prevent the player from having to hold it down with their middle finger. (ba-dum-tish)

It's your call, but I'm personally fine with it, either way.

As for Gunslinger, it seems that while Rainstorm Up and Rainstorm Down will be done with a circular motion of the analog stick. Perhaps the Twosome Time will be done with a double-tap in any direction on it.

I would prefer to leave Gunslinger out of this, entirely, but if anyone is open to suggestions, then by all means, go ahead.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@azurel: well with the control scheme i made up i basically made it where if you hold the angel mode button and press a in different situations it does different trickster moves, and if you hold the demon mode button and press a you can do royalguard moves.

Railazel

xboxlayout.jpg

You think you can translate than onto a PS3 controller?

Oh, and here's a personal Control Scheme for me. While I took the time to formulate the last with math and stuff, this one is more based on my personal style of gaming:

R2: Demon Mode
L2: Angel Mode
R1: Lock- On
L1: Devil Trigger
Triangle: Sword Attack
Square: Guns
Circle: Evade
X: Jump
D- Pad: Weapon Select
Left Stick: Movement
Right Stick: Camera

Oh, and in my control scheme, you hold the Bumper buttons you just tap them to get into the mode you want. Tap them again to get into Human mode.

does no one have anything to say about my idea?

I guess my comment doesn't count?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You think you can translate than onto a PS3 controller?

Oh, and here's a personal Control Scheme for me. While I took the time to formulate the last with math and stuff, this one is more based on my personal style of gaming:

R2: Demon Mode
L2: Angel Mode
R1: Lock- On
L1: Devil Trigger
Triangle: Sword Attack
Square: Guns
Circle: Evade
X: Jump
D- Pad: Weapon Select
Left Stick: Movement
Right Stick: Camera

Oh, and in my control scheme, you hold the Bumper buttons you just tap them to get into the mode you want. Tap them again to get into Human mode.

I guess my comment doesn't count?
sure i can do that :)

Top Bottom