• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raiden vs Wolverine

Who do you think will win?

• Raiden

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Wolverine

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Tie

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Exejpgwmv

Since you people seem to like hack-n-slashes, and these are two characters that are known for how well they cut most anything that gets in their way.

I wan't to know who you think'll win.

Here's Wolverine's preview:
!

I personally think it's going to be a stalemate.

Found Raidens preview:

I don't know if it's sad or awesome that this fight was better than the one in Goku vs Superman 2
!

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wolverine's healing factor gives him an edge over Raiden's cybernetics in terms of stamina, endurance, recovery etc so he might outlast raiden in a fight.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
adamantium stated as the strongest metal on earth or so i've read, and healing factor, wolverine wins.. i don't know bout raiden's metal and healing ability

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wolverine can cut through the entirety of Raiden's body, Raiden can't cut through Wolverine's adamantium skeleton.

Wolverine has an exceptionally powerful healing factor, Raiden doesn't, his body is cybernetic.

Wolvy is gonna butcher Raiden, as I see it.

Raiden can only win if he fights non adamantium-enhanced Logan.

Exejpgwmv

Wolverine can cut through the entirety of Raiden's body, Raiden can't cut through Wolverine's adamantium skeleton.

Wolverine has an exceptionally powerful healing factor, Raiden doesn't, his body is cybernetic.

Wolvy is gonna butcher Raiden, as I see it.

Raiden can only win if he fights non adamantium-enhanced Logan.
Assuming he can even get through Raiden's defense.

Wolverine's so out classed in terms of speed, strength, reflexes, range, and versatility.
They're about the same in terms of stamina.

I wouldn't put it past DB to have most the fight just be Raiden knocking Wolverine around like a beach ball, then upon finding out that he can't kill this guy, Raiden chucks Wolverine into the ocean out of frustration.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wolverine's so out classed in terms of speed, strength, reflexes, range, and versatility.

But Wolverine, thx to his healing factor, can recover from pretty much anything Raiden can throw at him, Raiden is gonna exhaust and Wolverine ultimately win.

Armstrong was also slower, with inferior reflexes and range (fists vs a long blade) and he beat the crap outta Raiden, which only won cause he got a blade strong enough to penetrate Armstrong's body.

Wolverine's got a superior weapon thx to his adamantium claws and a superior defense thx to his powerful healing factor.

Exejpgwmv

Raiden is gonna exhaust and Wolverine ultimately win.

and he beat the crap outta Raiden, which only won cause he got a blade strong enough to penetrate Armstrong's body.
Both of them can fight for hours on without the need for rest, only really slowing down or getting tired when gravely wounded.

And about Armstrong, that is more a testament to just how out matched Raiden was in that fight.
But Wolv doesn't have that insane strength or durability factor that Arms did.

Exejpgwmv

Wolverine has fought cyborgs before.
Yes he has, ones that pale in comparison to Raiden.

He's fought characters like Spiderman & Nightcrawler & still walked away.
Impressive, but I fail to see you're point.

Raiden has fought characters like Armstrong and Sam & still walked away.

Raiden only has to block once as he sees Wolverine's claws quickly slicing through his sword, arm, whatever Raiden uses to block with, as he sees Wolverine cutting through his chest.
Since Raiden can casually knock extremely high caliber bullets out of the air, I'm willing to bet he'd be able to doge in time.

is a cyborg with superhuman strength, speed and agility. Deathstrike's skeleton has been infused with adamantium, rendering her skeletal structure practically unbreakable.She is able to lift c. 1 ton. Her speed, agility and reflexes are above those of the finest human athletes. Her stamina is also superhuman, she can exert herself at peak capacity for several hours before feeling fatigue.
Now that's just cute.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
this fight really depends on how far they will take wolverine's healing factor i mean i think i read once that wolverine can be killed by acid
but at the same time i think there was also one story were he survived a nuke because he still had some microscopic cells left to regenerate
but at the same time again there was a story were wolverine lost his eye and it took weeks or months for him to get it back
from what i'v seen his healing factor is very inconsistent

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
has Wolverine ever actually beat the hulk
i mean i know they have fought probably more then once
but from what i'v hear the hulk is now so OP that he should be pretty much unbeatable at this point

Exejpgwmv

@Malik Robinson
My point is Wolverine has fought characters like
Hulk
Daken
Donald Pierce
Silver Samurai
Bloodscream
Omega Red
Magneto
Lady Deathstrike
WENDIGO
Cyber
Sabretooth
CYCLOPS
OGUN
WENDIGO
etc.

Raiden has been in what, 3 or 4 games. vs Wolverine who's been around since 1974.
Convince me Raiden can do what beings like Magneto or the Hulk couldn't.
The Hulk has been known to cover hundreds of miles in a single bound and once leaped almost into orbit around the Earth. The Hulk can also use his superhumanly leg muscles to run at super speeds, although his legs have limitless strength he does not have limitless speed and once he reaches a certain speed his legs become too strong and destroy the ground giving him no friction to run on, therefore he jumps to travel.

Convince me how Raiden would kill Wolverine.
You mean he has survived encounters with these characters, as in, he has more fighting experience.

Which I will concede to, but I don't see that being a deciding factor.

Also, I distinctly said that it would end in a stalemate. Not that Raiden would win.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Wolverine's gonna tear up that b*tch boy.

Wolverine took on the Hulk and put up quite a fight. He might have been ripped in half by him, but Hulk needed to summon a lot of strength to do so, as he still survived it. Plus, in Old Man Logan actually killed the Hulk.

Raiden gets cut in the eye and his arm cut off, and he's hardly standing when he went up against Sam the first time. He couldn't survive a nuke. His body was nearly destroyed when he stopped Outer Haven in MGS 4 from crushing Snake.

I don't think the high frequency blade can cut through adamantium. But Wolverine's claws can definitely cut through Raiden's cybernetic body.

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Raiden gets cut in the eye and his arm cut off, and he's hardly standing when he went up against Sam the first time. He couldn't survive a nuke. His body was nearly destroyed when he stopped Outer Haven in MGS 4 from crushing Snake.
well Raiden gets a completely new body after his first encounter with Sam
were told in codec calls it's way better then then the one he had during the ray fight
and considering he was already able to pick up ray and then he goes from that to picking up metal gear excelsus

i wouldn't be surprised if during a QTE his body would go blue lightning and he would pick up Outer Haven and throw it lol
or at least he would have a far easier time holding back Outer Haven with his new body

i mean just look at the beating he gets from armstrong and then he gets up like it didn't even happen

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i mean just look at the beating he gets from armstrong and then he gets up like it didn't even happen

Although there's quite a difference between getting beaten by punches and kicks (although powerful ones) and getting slashed into pieces by adamantium blades.

Quite a lot of difference in fact.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Although there's quite a difference between getting beaten by punches and kicks (although powerful ones) and getting slashed into pieces by adamantium blades.

Quite a lot of difference in fact.
oh no doubt
it's just @Chancey289 seemed to think that Raiden was at the same level of power before and after his first fight with Sam
i was just pointing out he wasn't

i still have no idea how Raiden is even supposed to kill Wolverine
i mean his healing factor is OP

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Raiden has the edge in strength,speed, and range (3-4 foot long sword vs 1 foot long claws)
But Wolverine has the edge in durability (Regeneration plus unbreakable bones), experience, and blade sharpness.

But I'm voting Wolverine, I don't see how Raiden can actually kill him

@Chancey289
Hulk ripping Wolverine in half only happened in the ultimate Marvel universe, not the main continuity.
It's been suggested that ultimate universe adamantium, isn't as durable.

Last edited:

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Is there any way to tell if Armstrong's....ahem....nanomachines are as strong as Wolverine's adamantium?
Because if Raiden managed to cut through Armstrong, I don't think he should struggle with Wolverine, and considering the speed Raiden can slice someone to pieces, I feel like he should be able to take out Wolverine even with the healing factor.

Top Bottom