• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been avoided?

ZeroLove

O.k. cool.

Funny.
Those who complain about such a shallow, superficial thing like people complaining about the change of looks of Dante are the same who look down on other people's opinons, categorize them (as IMMATURE and other adjectives) and treat them likewise. Maybe not the exact same people, but they are the exact same type of people: People who judge a book by its cover.

I call newDante as Dino because it shorter, not cuz I'm against DmC. I call Edward Cullen a fairy cuz he sparkles, not cuz I'm cussing. You see, I do judge things by the looks of it. Or the way you call it: People who judge a book by its cover. But you, my kind Sir, do the same thing.Remember your "Name-Calling-People-Are-Immature" (or something like that) thread.
There are people who use Dino, like I, just to differentiate betweeb the two Dantes and there are people like you, who, where ever, see anyone using that word, have to categorize them as Haters or Against DmC or whatever the ****. Do you see where things are going?

PS:- Sometimes I do write bad things about your beloved Dante...erhh... I mean Dino here just to get to see the reaction of those extremists supporters, and sometimes it's just amazingly fun.

Do you consider me an extremist supporter then? I am a supporter, but I never considered myself as extreme. People have their opinions, I just can't see why people can't be mature about it instead of slashing at eachother which you also just openly admitted you do for sh!ts and giggles. I don't look down on your opinion, I look down on the fact that you feel the need to make immature comments like calling the new Dante a fairy (which I explained clearly to you why that is) and nicknames due to laziness. If you are an intelligent and mature individual then you wouldn't do those things, but because you have sadistic needs, you find it alright to make fun of people and call them names. Yeah, I look down at you for that. Not because of your opinion though, you can have that and it is all yours.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
PS:- Sometimes I do write bad things about your beloved Dante...erhh... I mean Dino here just to get to see the reaction of those extremists supporters, and sometimes it's just amazingly fun.

So this is you then?
Aizen_troll_by_maddogg91.jpg

Minus the "Stupid" part

Meg

I think not staying who the main character was right a way would of only put off the fire, not prevented it. People would instead being crying about who they were lied to and tricked by Capcom/NT. The only difference would be that people would of had already bought the game at that point.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Do you consider me an extremist supporter then? I am a supporter, but I never considered myself as extreme. People have their opinions, I just can't see why people can't be mature about it instead of slashing at eachother which you also just openly admitted you do for sh!ts and giggles. I don't look down on your opinion, I look down on the fact that you feel the need to make immature comments like calling the new Dante a fairy (which I explained clearly to you why that is) and nicknames due to laziness. If you are an intelligent and mature individual then you wouldn't do those things, but because you have sadistic needs, you find it alright to make fun of people and call them names. Yeah, I look down at you for that. Not because of your opinion though, you can have that and it is all yours.
I find it fine to make fun of gingers, because they don't have souls. COME AT ME BRO!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think not staying who the main character was right a way would of only put off the fire, not prevented it. People would instead being crying about who they were lied to and tricked by Capcom/NT. The only difference would be that people would of had already bought the game at that point.

And that would have made it even worse.>_< Riots on the street, and signs that read,
"IF THE HAIR'S NOT WHITE, IT'S NOT RIGHT!!"

somekidfromthe90's

i don't get it what did Tameem and Alex say that was soooooo "disrespectful" and "controversial" i saw all of their interviews and nothing struck me as either... can someone tell me or gimme a link to the vid? pwease?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Should i add event status as one of the hate?
Because so many people are following his words without even seeing the flawed in his so called "facts"
I think it's also impossible for him to say anything good about the new DmC at the moment because he is such a fanboy in many ways.

I'd rather listen to him about other games not DmC.But then again,i'm only watching the guy's vid because of DmC news and then i found this site.

I'm gonna hate against edward cullen for a moment:
a-l-u-c-a-r-d-alucard-dracula-twilight-hellsing-vampire-vamp-demotivational-poster-1247392431.jpg

lol sorry can't help myself.

mrrandomlulz

Should i add event status as one of the hate?
Because so many people are following his words without even seeing the flawed in his so called "facts"
I think it's also impossible for him to say anything good about the new DmC at the moment because he is such a fanboy in many ways.

I'd rather listen to him about other games not DmC.But then again,i'm only watching the guy's vid because of DmC news and then i found this site.

I'm gonna hate against edward cullen for a moment:
a-l-u-c-a-r-d-alucard-dracula-twilight-hellsing-vampire-vamp-demotivational-poster-1247392431.jpg

lol sorry can't help myself.
Impossible for him to say good things about it? Despite him, before hating on it, saying he was willing to give it a chance, and then what did Ninja Theory decide
"L0l l3tz m4k3 fun 0f f4ns 0f t3h 0riginal d3vil m4y cry""

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Impossible for him to say good things about it? Despite him, before hating on it, saying he was willing to give it a chance, and then what did Ninja Theory decide
"L0l l3tz m4k3 fun 0f f4ns 0f t3h 0riginal d3vil m4y cry""

I said "at the moment" didn't i?

mrrandomlulz

I said "at the moment" didn't i?
Oh, well excuse me, it's not my fault I'm an ignorant deuchebag, y'know its ironic, Eventstatus's goal is to try to get people to stop following companies like blind sheep, but all he does is make them angrier at the companies, and in the end they always go crawling back to the companies

ZeroLove

"I instead assumed the snarky journalist persona, and without thinking asked, “So, how do you feel about the fan reaction to DMC?”

Tameen looked at me a moment and took a drag of his cigarette. Then without blinking, and without pausing to exhale the smoke from his mouth he said, “I don't care.”

And neither should any other developer. "

I loved this and I agree with it.

Virago

Not listening.
"I instead assumed the snarky journalist persona, and without thinking asked, “So, how do you feel about the fan reaction to DMC?”

Tameen looked at me a moment and took a drag of his cigarette. Then without blinking, and without pausing to exhale the smoke from his mouth he said, “I don't care.”

Same here. I wish more creators, not just game developers but producers, writers and artists, felt the same way.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think if they did it as a prequel and got the look right, fans still might have been miffed that it was another prequel when they probably would have wanted something that closed off nero's mystery or what happened to dante after 2.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat

^this.
It seems like a harsh statement, but think about the context.
Wasn't this at a point where nothing about the game was released other than a redesign with Dante smoking?
AND they changed all of it. Almost no aesthetic choice presented in the first trailer is still in the game.

If they truly didn't care about making this an enjoyable game, they wouldn't be trying so hard.
Everything that no-one liked would still be in the game. They wouldn't have been working on the combat for two years.

What I mean to say is, if Ninja Theory did not care about the fans or about this game, we would have a story like Devil May Cry 4 with a combat system like Enslaved in zero-gravity.

EDIT:
that said, Tam's PR is the straw that broke the camel's back.
Even now, it's getting hard to reverse that.

Gooterspiel

How fascinating!
Just think if you were given the option of changing back to the original look once you´ve completed the game with the "new
and hip-yo"-look, i.e to unlock an "Infinite Dante-Trigger mode". All would be forgiven.

But I still think the new look and this "alternate universe" crap is just a poor excuse on NT side to get their boring character design to work.

As for the PR, isnt there a saying that "there is no such thing as bad PR?"
If so, maybe this is an exception?

Top Bottom