• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been avoided?

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
What's up with the unnecessary homophobic comment? I understand the hate on Twilight though.

Dafuq? What's homophobic in calling Edward Cullen a fairy? Besides that, I didn't use any words like "gay" or "faggot" or "something else". I guess Peter Pan was a fairy, or a kind of fairy?? Was he not?

And sorry, if I hurt your sentiments. I can gurantee that I didn't mean it the way you took.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dafuq? What's homophobic in calling Edward Cullen a fairy? Besides that, I didn't use any words like "gay" or "faggot" or "something else". I guess Peter Pan was a fairy, or a kind of fairy?? Was he not?

And sorry, if I hurt your sentiments. I can gurantee that I didn't mean it the way you took.
Fairies are sparkly beings right? and so is Edward. He's not a vampire for sure though

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i think it was less to do with terrible PR and more to do with wanting to get all of the hatred out nice and early. in the time between the first trailer and now my rage has completely vansished and is replaced by exictement. why? because all this time has given me a chance to observe what exactly they were doing. by the time the first gameplay came out (when I saw it at least) my bitterness had long since turned stale and i began to look forward to the game

THIS is what i think they were aiming for, by doing the "reveal" early fans were given more time to cool off and observe all the new content. SO rather than the reveal spoiling all the awesome stuff that came out before (imagine all this stuff came out before said reveal) all the trailers and game-play act as a way to convince fans that NT is still holding true to the DMC ideals and has made and excellent game.

ZeroLove

Peter Pan was a normal boy who came to Wonderland and became immortal, forever stuck in his childhood. Tinkerbell is a fairy. Also, fairy is a known cuss against homosexual men and Edward Cullen along with the new Dante have both been called such cusses. You are known for being against the new Devil May Cry and the new Dante, so I wouldn't be surprised if you made such cusses yourself which you did just now wether it was intentional or not. You apologised though so it's cool. ^^

Fairies are sparkly beings right? and so is Edward. He's not a vampire for sure though

The Cullens are an interpretation of vampires though not in the traditional way, but if the author says that's how vampires are in her world, then that's how vampires are in her world, just like Tolkien said how elves and dwarves are in his world which neither holds true to their true mythological origin. They are just based on those myths. I do not praise Twilight, my personal opinion about it is not a positive one, but that's because of the writing and the story itself. Not just because the vampires sparkle in the sun.

Those who complain about such a shallow, superficial thing like vampires sparkling in Twilight are the same who complain about the change of looks of Dante. Maybe not the exact same people, but they are the exact same type of people: People who judge a book by its cover.

i think it was less to do with terrible PR and more to do with wanting to get all of the hatred out nice and early. in the time between the first trailer and now my rage has completely vansished and is replaced by exictement. why? because all this time has given me a chance to observe what exactly they were doing. by the time the first gameplay came out (when I saw it at least) my bitterness had long since turned stale and i began to look forward to the game

THIS is what i think they were aiming for, by doing the "reveal" early fans were given more time to cool off and observe all the new content. SO rather than the reveal spoiling all the awesome stuff that came out before (imagine all this stuff came out before said reveal) all the trailers and game-play act as a way to convince fans that NT is still holding true to the DMC ideals and has made and excellent game.

This sounds about right. ^^

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The Cullens are an interpretation of vampires though not in the traditional way, but if the author says that's how vampires are in her world, then that's how vampires are in her world, just like Tolkien said how elves and dwarves are in his world which neither holds true to their true mythological origin. They are just based on those myths. I do not praise Twilight, my personal opinion about it is not a positive one, but that's because of the writing and the story itself. Not just because the vampires sparkle in the sun.

:/ I just made a comparison of one sparkling thing to another. As for Edward Cullen and all of his "vampire" friends being able to walk around durning the day time. That alone made me turn away from the movies. Also, love stories have been made way better while using traditional Vampires. Sure, the story can be made from whatever POV the author wants, its just not my taste and it really doesn't hold much vampire and werewolf lore that i've been accustom too. To each their own.

ZeroLove

:/ I just made a comparison of one sparkling thing to another. As for Edward Cullen and all of his "vampire" friends being able to walk around durning the day time. That alone made me turn away from the movies. Also, love stories have been made way better while using traditional Vampires. Sure, the story can be made from whatever POV the author wants, its just not my taste and it really doesn't hold much vampire and werewolf lore that i've been accustom too. To each their own.

I totally agree. Vampires are cooler when having their core weakness: the SUN! Not to make them sparkle, but to make them burn and die! To each their own though, like you said, I respect the author's point of view and the fans of the series, but like you it is not my cup of tea. I don't go and rage about it against the poor author though and I don't make a youtube video and rant about it or go to Twilight forums and tell them all how wrong they are for liking this interpretation of vampires, because they aren't wrong for liking it. Just like it isn't wrong of people to like and embrace the new Dante and the new Devil May Cry.

I think I did pretty good in turning this back on topic. XD

788Masri

to wrap up this converation here it is in a nutshell

1. twilight had vampires that are not weakened by sunlight and further more are VERY VERY pussified (ive read book one and seen movies 1 and 3 so TRUST ME). this is a real problem as FNDAMENTALY a vampire is something that preys on humans like in the vegie sharks in finding nemo only not funny.
  2. i don't have problems with vampires being so sensitive like in BBCs being human, the characters are all scared of being evil and can walk around at day time, but they PUT ACTUAL weight on it, they are constantly fighting their addiction. not just glance over it for most of it then suddenly act like its a big deal.
  3. some people have compared this to the new dante which is stupid as he is fundamentally Dante of DMC3 but more abrasive and immature. which is fine as this is his coming of age story.
  4. FINALLY all fans of the novel and films are entitled to their own opinion, i just prefer the Hellsing and Becoming human version of vampires
THERE CAN WE PLEASE RETURN TO DEVIL MAY CRY!!!!!!

Dante47

People like to bitch and spread lies. I give props to NT for working on a DmC reboot with the awful fanbase (not including you guys). Seriously, the comments on the trailers are all bullshit.

788Masri

People like to bitch and spread lies. I give props to NT for working on a DmC reboot with the awful fanbase (not including you guys). Seriously, the comments on the trailers are all bullshit.

while i do agree with you.but i do understand them, they have seen a concept they loved changed infront of them by someone they dont know. its just sad that many DMC fans are far too stubborn to give the franchise they all "Love" so dearly a chance. even though its really no different from what happened from DMC2 to DMC3 (it was an unofficial reboot)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's mostly to do with the PR and fans.

PR: When the TGS 2010 trailer came out everyone went batshit-tle on DmC. Then the Unreal Engine was annonced. I honestly don't think people even care about the engines until it was being switched from the MT framwork to a slightly slower Engine. (Which really isn't slow.) Then Tameen "insulted" Classic Dante and doesn't think Bayonetta is cool. Not only that, but also Alex Jones (CAPCOM US worker on DmC) also laughed at some of the fans, while saying "Don't freak out over hair." Explaining the story of this being Dante before he was all Stylish just sounded like tarnish to the DMC fans. Some of the hate blew after the e3 2011 gameplay trailer, but came back as people thought it was "too slow" and was not fast enough. Then the announcement of Dante being "half angel" just set people off, as it showed that DmC was not part of the canon of DMC. Then CAPCOM states it's a parallel world within the series only raging the fans again. But soon the hate was starting to die a bit more down as more fight trailers, the music video trailer, stating it's an alternate game and the demo and newer gameplay trailer came out.

FANS: Fans are to blame as well. Not as much but they count too. when 2010 trailer came fans had a right to be ****ed (me being one of them) because Dante was now a "Crack-addicted, Gay Faggot, Edward Cullen, Sparkling, weak, emo kid." (I Don't think that now) The Engine ****ed people off but it wasn't really that big until the E3 trailer came out. Tameen insulting Dante was the big shot to the knee. But I thought that was just an opinion and DMC fans were being too literal (I don't think Bayonetta's cool either. Sure it was fun but not "cool.") People hated NT because they thought NT stole DMC from CAPCOM, only to find out CAPCOM gave DMC to NT, plus CAPCOM going all Aizen on us saying "We knew that DmC would get hated on. We used fans to get the game more attention from the fans hate" was a complete downhill for CAPCOM's loyal fans. e3 was just fans saying new Dante fought slow and slugish which brought up blaming the UE for that. Half angel statment annoyed fans since it was out of the blue not like the Original DMC. Event Status didn't say much. Some points he made were good, but the rest was just painful yelling. But the hate slwoly died down, however there are still fans out there who will not except the game no matter what and hate the new DmC because of Dante's look, and the fact that it's a new generation of Devil may Cry. Even going so far as to say "DMC2 is better then DmC!" Seriously?

This is why I like sceptics like Cool74. At least he has valid points on why he's on edge for DmC, instead of just hating DmC because of the look.

That's my opinion on this.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
*SAVE!!*

I cannot believe people still want to hate on DmC anymore, i mean we heard your piece so now let people who like the game talk about it. Its like they want to like the game but as soon as their hopes are high, the next trailer sends them in a downward spiral.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Is Main Event the same guy as Event Status or whatever that youtube blogger everyone seem to praise is called? If he is, does he ever say anything positive about any games at all or is he just hating on the new Devil May Cry?

What's up with the unnecessary homophobic comment? I understand the hate on Twilight though.
He doesn't even talk about the games themselves, he likes to talk about the companies who treat fans like crap in negative ways, thats the main reason he's been attacking the new DmC.
and about the Twilight comment,
992c093c371f0f9674e99e5034eb7f1dbd717bd6.png

ZeroLove

while i do agree with you.but i do understand them, they have seen a concept they loved changed infront of them by someone they dont know. its just sad that many DMC fans are far too stubborn to give the franchise they all "Love" so dearly a chance. even though its really no different from what happened from DMC2 to DMC3 (it was an unofficial reboot)

Why was it a reboot? According to the timeline, both Devil May Cry 2 and 3 could both happen as part of the canon storyplot. What Ninja Theory was tasked with by Capcom was to completely reboot the franchise. There is a clear difference there. I do wish the haters would give the new Devil May Cry a chance as well though. I did and I have found myself positively surprised at how it is turning out. Stubborness is only good if it benefits you and in this case, the haters' stubborness isn't benefitting them at all.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
You are known for being against the new Devil May Cry and the new Dante, so I wouldn't be surprised if you made such cusses yourself which you did just now wether it was intentional or not. You apologised though so it's cool. ^^

O.k. cool.

Those who complain about such a shallow, superficial thing like vampires sparkling in Twilight are the same who complain about the change of looks of Dante. Maybe not the exact same people, but they are the exact same type of people: People who judge a book by its cover.

Funny.
Those who complain about such a shallow, superficial thing like people complaining about the change of looks of Dante are the same who look down on other people's opinons, categorize them (as IMMATURE and other adjectives) and treat them likewise. Maybe not the exact same people, but they are the exact same type of people: People who judge a book by its cover.

I call newDante as Dino because it shorter, not cuz I'm against DmC. I call Edward Cullen a fairy cuz he sparkles, not cuz I'm cussing. You see, I do judge things by the looks of it. Or the way you call it: People who judge a book by its cover. But you, my kind Sir, do the same thing.Remember your "Name-Calling-People-Are-Immature" (or something like that) thread.
There are people who use Dino, like I, just to differentiate betweeb the two Dantes and there are people like you, who, where ever, see anyone using that word, have to categorize them as Haters or Against DmC or whatever the ****. Do you see where things are going?

PS:- Sometimes I do write bad things about your beloved Dante...erhh... I mean Dino here just to get to see the reaction of those extremists supporters, and sometimes it's just amazingly fun.

mrrandomlulz

O.k. cool.

Funny.
Those who complain about such a shallow, superficial thing like people complaining about the change of looks of Dante are the same who look down on other people's opinons, categorize them (as IMMATURE and other adjectives) and treat them likewise. Maybe not the exact same people, but they are the exact same type of people: People who judge a book by its cover.

I call newDante as Dino because it shorter, not cuz I'm against DmC. I call Edward Cullen a fairy cuz he sparkles, not cuz I'm cussing. You see, I do judge things by the looks of it. Or the way you call it: People who judge a book by its cover. But you, my kind Sir, do the same thing.Remember your "Name-Calling-People-Are-Immature" (or something like that) thread.
There are people who use Dino, like I, just to differentiate betweeb the two Dantes and there are people like you, who, where ever, see anyone using that word, have to categorize them as Haters or Against DmC or whatever the ****. Do you see where things are going?

PS:- Sometimes I do write bad things about your beloved Dante...erhh... I mean Dino here just to get to see the reaction of those extremists supporters, and sometimes it's just amazingly fun.
And that is the story of how DanTe_InCoGniTo f*cking owned ZeroLove

788Masri

Why was it a reboot? According to the timeline, both Devil May Cry 2 and 3 could both happen as part of the canon storyplot. What Ninja Theory was tasked with by Capcom was to completely reboot the franchise. There is a clear difference there. I do wish the haters would give the new Devil May Cry a chance as well though. I did and I have found myself positively surprised at how it is turning out. Stubborness is only good if it benefits you and in this case, the haters' stubborness isn't benefitting them at all.

thats why is said unofficial. it fits in but not. my point being that reboots aren't that uncommon and if handled correctly (which it seems to be) can be HUGE steps forward. like you i wish fans would just try trusting Capcom and just give DmC a chance.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
thats why is said unofficial. it fits in but not. my point being that reboots aren't that uncommon and if handled correctly (which it seems to be) can be HUGE steps forward. like you i wish fans would just try trusting Capcom and just give DmC a chance.
Its a reboot in a sense that the combat and overall story telling was brand new. Although connected (loosely) to DMC1 and Dante still looked like he did before, that was all that was the same. His attitude, the styles, the ridiculous amount of action and less gloomy atmosphere were compromised.

mrrandomlulz

wow. Peoples imaginations now are in the gutter

OOH OOH OOH! LET ME TRY!, New Dante is a pile of putrid **** who lets strangers watch him cut himself for money, his breath reeks of a mixture of semen and unspeakable things from the inside of a pig, and he is Hitlers little bundle of joy.

788Masri

Its a reboot in a sense that the combat and overall story telling was brand new. Although connected (loosely) to DMC1 and Dante still looked like he did before, that was all that was the same. His attitude, the styles, the ridiculous amount of action and less gloomy atmosphere were compromised.

True, very true BUT you see what i mean right? :D

OOH OOH OOH! LET ME TRY!, New Dante is a pile of putrid **** who lets strangers watch him cut himself for money, his breath reeks of a mixture of semen and unspeakable things from the inside of a pig, and he is Hitlers little bundle of joy.

wow you my friend take trolling to a whole new level

Top Bottom