• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Work!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's a quote from Pyscho Touch's 2015 Halloween Special. (Psycho Touch is a Original work created by me.)

Walking though the parking lot in haste Koko and Danny navigate through the jammed packing lot.

“I told you to make that turn on I-40!” Koko roars. “But no. You had to turn at E-50."

“Seriously?" Retorts Danny. "You have powers that pretty much make you omnipresent, why didn’t you use them to figure out exactly where this place is at?"

“It’s Halloween!” She barks back. “If I send out my Familiars, their is a chance they’ll hunt down innocent people and kill them. This day is riddled with evil energy.”

Escaping the parking lot maze the two can see the gleeful attendees waiting in front of the entrance gate. The two run to join the other costume clad event goers.

“So your saying that Halloween makes your Familiars vicious? Than how do you explain their unruly behavior on a normal basis?” Questions Danny.

“Hunger.” Koko responds.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well first chap of mine story slightly can be quoted as work in progress still:

Year 2145- The end of Halcon Incident makes more united post IV world War Earth,even that some people still feared use of satelites as mean of controling any crisis situation, second World summit takes place some months later in near end of the year and Whole world unites as stronger. This year on date of 22 December of 2145 is also the date of beggining of Earth Confederation, and leading City is placed as Olympus City showed as example of unity when Halcon incident happened worldwide.

Year 2147- Two years later Poseidon Industries, the tech company aligned with Halcon Incident, happening two years before, on verge of nonexistence makes revolutionary tech called Omnitools what are better versions of their earlier product called Connexus. The thing before worldwide use was been tested for any code what would do known incident before it allowyance to Civil use, but all tests ended green and product was released into all cities of Confederation, making it wanted tech product beacuse of its capabilities of portable computer and well storage , also military versions was outfitted with some military code only, and one melee weapon called OmniBlade in it.

Year 2148- To protect the Confederation from Inside and Outside, Administrator of Olympus City and Confederation Athena makes an new division of Army called Cerberus Organization, this one have an absolute law in doing of some of things but it still stays in control of Administrator, and she calls onto Administration of Organization one of Olympus E.S.W.A.T commanders what been known to be in two incidents, one in 2144 and one in 2145, and that been one of skilled Cyborgs of that Division.

Year 2150- 3rd anniversary of Earth Confederation existence, whole thing was been transmitted globally by the net and also on slowly builded new colony on Moon, in this time been showed first prototype of CAST android what will be intended to help Human,Bioroid and Cyborg population of Olympus City and whole cities. This year been also official disengage of Second Olympus ESWAT commander and one of heroes of two incidents,the Cyborg what Olympus ESWAT have disfrozen with his Girlfriend on 2144 in ruins of one of Earth Cities what was known as Second ESWAT team Commander Adam Jensen.

Year 2153- Olympus Scientists makes revolutionary leap in form of Interstellar drive and that breaks all possible problems in making an official colonization of whole Solar System, colonies in Mars, some Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune moons, Wenus and darker side of Mercury now can be constructed and are aviable as new posts in human collonization.

Year 2155- Another new type of interstellar communication is uncovered known as Quantum Entanglement Communicator and allow to contact Earth still even Ship would go further into space as research to second generation of interstellar drive commenced

Year 2159- The first Earthlike planet is discovered also discovered new life in form of races that all tought as type of Fantasy, those races in first contact mention calling of their World as Eorzea, and are called as Lalafell,Mi'qute, Elezen,Rodegardyn,and suprisingly humanlike Humes. After helping them with fight with Garlean Empire and Acients , they officially join the Earth Confederation as member World.

Year 2160- Now CAST technology allows to have humanlike androids,but they are specially constructed to not be rebelious like most of Earth fears, also more of them are seen in Confederation ships serving as mechanics, and also sometimes in combat.

Year 2165- On this Earth Confederacy anniversary summit happens two things, as second contact happened in form of Robotic race called Cybertronians also in help of fighting their enemies as they been called Decepticons, they end marked on list of enemies. Second happy thing was been accidential recoding on closing ceremony of Proposing Cerberus commander to his girlfriend what ends on worldwide news but that ended in positive feedback from community and whole Confederation.

Year 2170- Allied races of Earth Confederation by suprise enters system what had an Earthlike planet but it shows as destroyed by nuke from old Earth Weaponry, recon teams sended from ships uncovers second Human race that called this planet as Caprica, with not so much old tech, as there been found also Robot factories what maked mechs that been caled Cylons, it spikes the intrest of People back in Olympus City, and also some alive civilians are found and rescured from planed, brief military contact with Cylons occurs but is winned, and spikes only more questions of Humanity to be interstellar race more.

Year 2176- Finally again first contact but spanking an war between humans and race what from time to time entered their world, the fierce old alien warrior race known as Predators or Yautia, it takes also 3 years almost with some of wounds on both sides before peace agreements and well join of that race onto whole Earth confederation witch soon later change name also to Orion Arm Aliance.

Year 2180- The end of Earth Confederation officially and well begining of Orion Arm Aliance where all alied races are mostly as Goverment now including Cybertronians,Yautia,Humans,Bioroids,Cyborgs,races of Eorzea and CASTs, also whole Aliance chooses to create 3 arms to control fleets and ships it have onto ARKS ( exploration, mining,trading and first contact things), Cerberus Organization ( blackops), and normal Aliance Fleet ( military and defense).

Year 2186- After so many times and consultation on technology between races an artificial capital planet for aliance is created in empty solar system in Delta of Canopus what is called now Coruscant and holds places for Earth goverment people, some delegated Yautians from their Elders, the main head of CAST confederacy and well also delegants from Eorzea.

year 2188- Finally cloacked ARKS ship Roccinate after arriving into well known from before small fight between unknown fighter ship that was recognized as Colonial Raider later against two Cylon ships, they seen engage between two parties before choosing to help colonial ship as it ended damaged in aftermath destroying two Cylon ships in fight too to save well misfit of that feral jum the ace pilot of 12 Colonies fleet Racetrack from well known death and thats where the 1 part of story begin.

Last edited:

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Conner: You murdered me!

Prime: Technically, I only aided in your death. You were the direct cause, slamming us both into the tower. It's manslaughter at best. What I did to Wildebeast and Pantha was murder......had a LOT of time to think about this.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Excerpt from Chapter Twenty of "Fall of the Spectrum" (literally just wrote this, so excuse its roughness).

Even now, she could feel the energy draining away, the armour devouring the meager shot of adrenaline that had given her the strength to stand. If she was going to act, she had to do it now.

Lucas shifted then, a low rumble resonating from his chest. At first Gwen thought he was growling, but seeing the shaking of his shoulders, she realized he was laughing.

At her.

“Give me a break,” he said, chuckling, “your thoughts couldn’t be clearer if your head were made of glass. I know what you’re planning, girl. I know it before you know it, yourself.”

Gwen’s breath hitched, and it was only with sheer force of will that she remained expressionless. “So you’re a telepath. So what?” She gave him her best Phenex impression, adding a derisive snort for good measure. “What good does reading my mind do when you can’t even touch me?”

Feeding as much of her remaining adrenaline into the armour as she dared, she watched as ethereal tendrils rose up from her arms, writhing menacingly in Lucas’ direction.

He retreated a step, scowling. “And just what will you do when that precious armour of yours vanishes, girl? What will you do when I’ve got you by the throat, when I begin to squeeze the life right out of you, hmm? What will you do then?” When Gwen didn’t answer, he went on, “I’ll tell you what you’ll do. You’ll thrash and scream and beg…and when you can no longer draw enough breath to do even that much? You’ll die.”

I think I made an antagonist even nastier than Reeves. ._.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Once upon a time (actually January 2015) i wrote a fanfic called "style is thrifty" celebrating the announcement of DmC Definitive Edition.

It was a two shot piece centered on what DmC Dante and DmC Vergil thought of their other selves.

" He saw an Older Dante, who looked like something Godzilla spat out. A bit of a bum with a sweet tooth but a fighter too. Someone you could trust despite knowing otherwise. Someone he felt kinship with."

you can read the other one to find Vergil's thoughts :cool:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11004075/2/Style-is-Thrifty

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!

Just excerpt from on of my short story collection called:
Eternal Dream. I hope to get chapter one done soon, but it has been giving me some trouble. lol Oh well.

Chapter One: Hunter and the Hunted

Part I:

“Are you certain we'll find this 'Scorpio'? Ash asked for the second time in 30 minutes.

Her elven guide glanced over his shoulder and cocks an eyebrow. “Dose my lady doubt my abilities?” The elf asks airly. “Was it not you who asked me for assistance, Ash?”

Ash huffed and glanced around the darkening forest. “I remember enlisting your aid, however it was to help me in finding the beast that is terrorizing the local village and not to get lost in the bloody forest.”

“And I will lead you to your beastie, Ash,” He said, turning his head to look forward. “And in turn help me with my problem.:

Ash nods. “I haven't forgotten are agreement, Cecil,” She said the as corners of her lips start to quirk up. “But, that is when we find our 'beastie'.

“Mmhmm,” Cecil, humms in agreement, as he stops at the edge of a large clearing. “And here we are! Scorpio's burrow.”

“Hm, it would seems Scorpio has made quite the nest.” Ash observed as she moved further into the clearing.

“Indeed,” Cecil murmured as he ready his bow. “The scorpion should still be in it's burrow.”

“Than we must lure it out,” She said, pulling her obsidian sword out of its sheath. “You have the smoke bombs ready?”

The elf nods and pulls out a small black sphere from his pouch. “Just the way you like them.” He said tossing the bomb to ash.

She lights the fuse and tosses the smoke bomb into the burrow. A few second pass and smoke starts to pour out and soon after the giant scorpion emerges. The Giant Scorpion dubbed 'Scorpio' was jet black with stripes of red on it's pincers, back and the stinger. It slowly approaches ash; its pincer extended and stinger ready to strike.

“Well, you have your work cut out for you.” Cecil smirked, notching an arrow.

“Enough chatter,” Ash growls, getting into a battle stance. “I truly hope the pay is worth this.”

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
What's this? Oh, nothing, just Alex and M being dumbasses. (From SA3 [working title of The Black Court].)

“Oh, really? A-and-and what the hell have you done for me lately?” M spat, stumbling over the words in his irritation.

It was Alex’s final straw. “What have I done? What have I done?! Everything! Everything I do, I do for you!” he raged. He was shaking, could feel the tremors in his fingers and spine, but was beyond caring. “You are the reason the only family member I still have is Rowan! You’re the reason I ended my engagement! You’re the reason I spent three years in Blackridge studying lesser balverines to see if they still have the capability for logical thinking! Why do you think I bought this flat? It was the only place with walls thick enough that the neighbors wouldn’t hear you and question why you were here! Why do you think I don’t have a single friend I can spend time with?! It all comes back to you!” M didn’t seem the least bit cowed and, quickly losing the ability to form his anger into coherent sentences, Alex added: “Do you think I like being all alone in this dark house? Do you…do you think I like having no one to speak to but you? Do you think I enjoy not being my own person…only ever shackled to you? Everything…everything….” Alex put his head in his hands, running his hands through his dyed hair as though it might calm him. With a huff of half-hysterical laughter, he muttered, “Even my hair colour….”

“To be fair, you look much better with it that colour, love.”

“Oh, **** you!” The expletive felt odd and unfamiliar on his tongue, but was about the only thing he could currently think of that would perfectly relate his exact thoughts on the matter.

“Mmm, Aly, I do love when you talk to me like that…do it again.”

Silly boys, you ought know better than to bicker.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Another excerpt from mine fanfic workshop, this time from propably short oneshot sided with fanfic element like appearance of fictional character and slightly mine beliefs on that controversial afterlife topic:

12 th June, i will never forget that date even in mine now Afterlife, finally this happened on mine school trip, beside well i have no one left in this world who would even cry at mine funeral now since mine parents are dead, and i had no friends also in school so much too, only got pain since i been bullied or abused mostly and no one cared about that issue of mine. Some of games been in end mine only escape from that painful reality and i sometimes wandered into toughs what if in after death we could go to our own paradise or even into more easier oblivion rather than common belief of Heaven or hell.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
A universe ends and another begins. Such is the flow of time. When Eternity s your limit, every end is a new beginning. Before the Big bang that created your universe, there was another. And in this Universe, there were only one being. The Nebulous, a cosmic entity that contained all the energy of a billion galactic clusters. But when the universe-that-was died, the Nebulous was compressed down to a single point, a gem that was part blue, and part purple, the pure essence o...f creation and destruction. And then, the Big Bang exploded our universe into being, splitting the Nebulous gem in two, landing them both on the planet of Urugand. One half was found by Tiros, the Shaman-King of Urugand. and forged into a mighty staff. The Starsource. The other was found by Nox, a monster that some say is a black hole given form. t was forged into a staff blade, a weapon of great power. The Entropy Agate. A great battle between Tiros and Nox split Urugand in two, both halves of the planet creating one, larger than the largest star. Nox slunk back, shamed and defeated into the Void, the shadows between universes. And Tiros formed his army. Empowered by the StarSource. Heroes with the power of the Cosmos. A Star Force

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
An excerpt from The Mythos Trials, third novel in The Whispers of Nowhere Trilogy:

This is your **** up. Now do something about it!

Easier said than done. Every time he tried to get close to her, Unrestrained went on the defensive, lashing out with the blade with one hand and pummelling him with the other. Still, he tried, ducking and weaving, whirling around on the balls of his feet and circling around her, trying to find an opening. The violet haze surrounding her was beginning to spread, rolling outward like a dusky cloud across the ground, painting the grass and trees in unusual hues before seeping into the soil itself.

He had the barest glimpse of a nearby bush withering out of the corner of his eye before Gwen’s blade bit into his thigh, buried to the hilt. He let out a shout of pain, the sound turning into an agitated growl halfway through. Wrenching the blade free with a grunt, he tossed it off to the side, out of reach—and before Gwen could react, pulled her into a headlock.

Her fists continued to pummel at his ribcage for several minutes after, bruising at points and breaking at others, but all the while losing the strength behind them. It wasn’t until he felt Gwen’s hand tapping at his forearm as she wheezed for breath that he finally released her, apologies falling from his lips faster than what was typical of him.

“I’m so sorry,” he said again, tentatively laying his hands on her shoulders. “Are you alright?”

Gwen massaged her throat, blinking tears from her eyes. “Yeah, I’m okay,” she rasped, offering him a weak smile. Just as quickly, the smile faded, a pensive frown taking its place. “I guess that didn’t work out as well as we hoped it would. Are you okay?”

Phenex raised an arm, revealing the tear in his jacket sleeve where her blade had bit in, raking the flesh beneath. A thin line of blood trickled from the wound, dripping onto the ground by his feet. Gwen took no notice of this; her gaze was still fixated on his arm, where the wound had begun to close up. Seconds later, the tear in his coat had disappeared as well. All that remained were blood stains wherever her blade or fists had connected, spanning from beneath his jaw to above his right knee, where her blade had done the most damage.

“I’m sorry.” Gwen blanched, eyes glistening with unshed tears.

“Don’t beat yourself up about it,” Phenex replied, waving the apology away. “It’s not like you could help it. And besides, it was my idea, not yours. If anyone’s to blame, it’s—” A sudden rustling stopped him short, Phenex moving into a defensive crouch in front of Gwen. The sound came again, louder this time, a continuous rasp of dry leaves scraping against hardened soil.

“Stay close,” he said, not taking his eyes off the thick grouping of Esperian Oak to their left, where the sound had originated from. Gwen did as instructed, fingers instinctively grasping at the back of his jacket. He could feel her trembling, unable to determine whether it was from fatigue or fear.

~

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Hysteria rose amongst the townspeople. A group of raiders strode in on their horses and began demanding a variety of different items. One wanted alcohol, most wanted as much gold as any given resident could produce. Unfortunately these raiders didn't just come through town once and disappear forever. They returned after every few weeks. One day when they came to pillage the town, the alcoholic noticed that they weren't the only visitors. There was an orange horse tied to a post outside the inn. It wasn't one that they had seen during any of their other visits. They made their way into the in and demanded their usual free meal and drink.

“Make it quick.” The alcoholic said. “We've got places to be.”

“That wasn't very polite.” A voice from the other room said. The group turned to see who had the audacity to speak to them in such a way. They saw a man with long, just past the shoulders length hair. He was wearing a black leather long coat. The chest area was cinched together with red straps. He was wearing a red leather chestpiece of his coat. He was wearing a set of red gauntlets and tossing a shiny black pebble up and down in his hand he had a sword that hung horizontally just above his waist at the back.

“And who might you be?” One of the raiders asked.

“A traveler.” The red haired man answered. He tossed his stone up and let it drop to his palm.

“Oh a traveler.” One of the raiders said. “ Tell me have you ever been across the ocean?” “Aye” The red haired man said. “When you see as much of the world as I do, you come to appreciate a great many things. Such as the nice people of this town that you've been harassing.” The.group of raiders let out a collective chuckle.

“Oh and you're gonna stop us eh?” The red haired man shrugged. “ I’ll give you one chance to walk away unharmed and never come back to this town.” The group of raiders looked at each other, exchanging slightly amused glances.

“And you think you can take all of us? You must be out of your mind.” One of the raiders said. The red haired man shrugged again.

“Why don't we take this outside and find out.” He.said.

“You're on.” The alcoholic raider said. They made their way outside. They stood in the middle of the road, a few feet away from each other.

“Last chance to leave peacefully.” The red haired man said, tossing his black pebble up in the air. They all grunted and scoffed.

“You wish.” One of them replied.

“So be it.” The red haired man said. His stone returned to his hand. He tossed it at one of the raiders. They reeled back and grabbed their forehead. The red haired man drew his sword and began to approach. The raiders drew their weapons as well. Most of them just had swords. Another one had an axe. Another was wielding a spear. A raider stepped towards the red haired man and slashed. The red haired man parried and disarmed the raider by sending the sword flying. He then put his free arm around the raider and pushed while kicking the man's legs out from under him. The red haired man slashed at the next couple of raiders. The jumped back and dodged but they were horribly balanced. The red haired man slashed at them again but followed with a low kick for each of them. They both toppled over and tasted the dirt. The next raider to attack was the one wielding an axe. The raider attacked the red haired man with an overhand swing. The red haired man side stepped the attack and slashed at the shaft of the axe.

“Oh look, I've made you a hatchet.” The red haired man said. The raider grunted and charged at The red haired man. The red haired man hit him in the stomach with the handle of his sword. The last raider to attack was the spear wielder. He stabbed at The red haired man. The red haired man humored the raider by dodging a few stabs before cutting the shaft of the spear like he did with the axe. The red haired man shrugged and slashed at the raider. The last raider went running. The Others followed suit once they stood up. The red haired man turned to the inn keepers and smiled.

“They won't be bothering you anymore.” He said. He strode over to his horse. He untied it from the post and hopped on.

“Will you ever be back here?” The innkeeper asked.

“Most likely.” The red haired man said. “ I don't know when, but I usually end up returning to the places I visit.” The innkeeper smiled at him as he rode off. This is Lucius, The Scarlett Knight. He travels from place to place on his horse, Firemane, and lends his sword or any of his other skills to those who need help.

I think that's all I've got for tonight. I should probably head to bed. Stupid school, stifling my imagination with your early hours and such.

I wake up all too soon after my head hits the pillow. I feel like the average school system saps most of its students of their productivity by starting so early. I’m not asking to sleep till noon I just want to wake up at 7:30 and comfortably enjoy a balanced breakfast. As opposed to slagging on my mismatched clothes and having my mom try to feed me the second half of my under toasted bagel while I am only 40% conscious.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Primal 2: The Well of the Nexus;

Jen, still sitting by Lewis's side, was suddenly distracted when she heard what sounded like something ceramic breaking outside. She peered over at the window for a few seconds then dismissed the sound altogether, continuing to sit by her boyfriend's side as if she'd heard nothing at all.

After some minutes had passed there was a tapping sound on the window outside. This time it was obvious that something was up. "Who's...who's there? I'm kind of busy with my own problems right now, so if this is some kind of window to window salesman, I'm not interested." she joked, which she had a habit of doing.

"Jen...is that you?...Jen? It's me, Scree, open the window for me would you?".

"Scree?" she said, pausing. "ROCKY!" she yelped out.

"Yes yes, Jen. Please just open the window, there isn't much time".

She opened up the window so that the little stone gargoyle could climb in. "Not much time? Why do I get the feeling that's a bad thing, and you're not here to throw me a 'welcome back to reality' party?" she continued to joke around.

"Please, Jen, you must listen to me, and listen carefully. I've returned to you from the Nexus. Oblivion is once again in dire need of your...I mean, our help, and we must hurry back before things get any worse." Scree explained.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Actually an part of mine new upcoming standalone multiple chapter strict one fandom fanfiction what i call Adventures in other dimension:

24 August 2016

Alexandra Dark just returned from her part time work on 22 PM, and actually for now none of her parents been at house." They still must be on that party" she thinked and well camed to her room what been on first floor of house, so she chosen for now use her mobile PC to check out if any friends been online but well on this hour her FB and other accounts on social sites had none of her friends on them. Actually when she was checking then she heard her parents coming back slightly after." Alex are you in home?" Hearing that, alex answered : " Yes mom,dad"" Just don't be up to late on net" they replied and then she heard them moving back to their room. Actually alex now looked back on her TV and newnest PS 4 mounted below it and her small for now game collection. Most of games she had she only once beaten beacuse how to call they for her been stupid, but yesterday she got finally hold on her preordered CE of DEMD game and she still been onbeggining so could she not try to beat some of game parts further ? Well she chosen to do that and well gathering her PS 4 pad to shove it onto couch she used to occupy when playing game and she swore now that when she turned on console she felt jolt of electricity but it actually later ended forgotten as she opened the disk tray of it and putted game disc to be prepared and immersed into gameplay. Up only to see strange cutscene that not appeared in the game before what confused her but she wanted to see it full, just to in end be rewarded to see game protagonist aiming on someone who she did not seen but for her it looked like he aimed gun at her, then smirked, she believed to hear gun SFX but instead of that she seen how glass of her tv has been shattered.

" Wait this is too real"

She didn't talked so much later as even still seenable vision of game character has hit her with one of bullets and she after that lost her unconsciouesness and fallen into black oblivion claiming her.

Another dimension AD 2028, Futuristic in sight Prague.

He just had his luck and chosen to stumble into shoot out of rival gangs when this all happened with weird light when he just intervened and chosen to break whole fight and well from that light an normal female reapeared from nowhere making everyone to stumble but also she had gunshot wound what slightly now agravated him to see potential civilian shot, and even having for now vacation as Interpol agent he unallow these scum to try and use the girl so he done his hiding by entering fight with his weapons and taking their attention on him not her. When whole gunfight finally ended with defeating these gang members, he again checked the girl to see unbelievable in her fast healing from wound but she was still unconscious. After seeing what would nearly happening to her if she stayed alone there in dangerous side of Prague he chosen to take her with him, to his apartament to hope that she will regain conscious and would answer to him some of his questions.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
From The Mythos Trials, Chapter Three:

She was dreaming. That was Gwen’s first impression when she opened her eyes, three unfamiliar faces swimming in her vision. Not like the ordinary dreams people had when fully asleep, but the kind they had when they were in that state between waking and dreaming.

A waking dream? The term came to her through a haze of muddled thoughts, her head feeling as though it were filled with cotton. She could see the cabin's interior, the faint glimmer of orange on its walls, with deep shadows filling the corners. Barely a flicker could be seen from the fireplace, the fire having burned down to smouldering embers. Gwen sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

When she opened them again, the three figures remained. She wasn’t dreaming after all. They really were there, standing over her, their faces cast in shadow. As she stared, the cabin faded away, the orange glow of the fireplace vanishing as black clouds scudded across her field of vision, momentarily obscuring the figures from sight. Gwen’s stomach tightened, a sudden jolt alerting her to the fact that the bed had vanished from beneath her, her feet coming into contact with something solid. The cabin’s warmth disappeared just as quickly, leaving a ghostly chill in its place.

The swirling darkness finally lifted, revealing bleak, grey landscape. The ground beneath her feet was dry and cracked. Jagged rock formations rose up in the distance, painted silhouettes against a grey horizon, white mist obscuring all else. No stars, no trees or animals to be seen—just endless grey. It reminded her of something, but what—

Hearing a scuffling sound from behind her, Gwen turned around, her train of thought broken. The three figures stood in a semicircle, studying her. Now that her vision had cleared, she saw them for what they were. She could feel a scream rising in her chest, burning at the back of her throat. Dark, gaping holes stared back at her from pale, luminescent faces. It took every shred of willpower Gwen possessed to swallow the scream back down again, leaving a raw ache where her throat muscles had contracted in fear.

Even lacking eyes, they weren’t hideous, not like the myths always made them out to be—but with the single eyeball clutched between their fingers, all three of them grasping it with their right hands, there was no question as to who they were.

The Moirai.

Gwen swallowed, willing the dryness from her throat. The question burned on the tip of her tongue, and she had just opened her mouth to ask them what they wanted, when she spotted a fourth figure. This one she knew all too well, a being she had clashed with again and again before the Spectrum’s collapse.

“Lucas…” His name came out a croak, and Gwen started to tremble. Why was Lucas with the Moirai?

“Took you long enough.” He sneered back at her, scarlet eyes taking on a feverish glow. “C’mon, you old biddies, your work’s not done yet. It’s time for the grand finale…”

~

Last edited:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Just a snippet from my short story collections called Flights of Fancy. Hopefully I can get it done. >.>

Echoes part 2 Prelude to the Ikarus Project

Darkness was the only thing that surrounded her, engulfing her like a thick fog. Numbing her sense of time and space. She was not even sure where "this" places was or if she was even still alive. The only thing she was sure of was that this eternal darkness was slowly driving her insane.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just a little something I did because of a prompt from one of the writing pages I follow on FB: The concept being, "Write about an early evening walk in the park".

The summer breeze was warm, scented with the heady fragrance of orchid and wisteria. Chestnut brown curls teased her cheeks, and Laura brushed them away with one delicate hand. A wistful sigh drifted from her lips, unbidden, her chest aching with a long-forgotten memory. The park, just as it had been ten years ago, when she’d been a scrawny, sticky-faced child of only six; the hum of insects in the long grass, the sound of bird song echoing high in the trees… Had there ever been a summer more perfect?

It had always been their meeting place, ever since that day. Journeying down the cobbled path and through the willows overlooking the water, a spray of delicate blossoms in pink, yellow and white forming a sweet-scented carpet from the ice cream vendor to just beyond the duck pond. How they used to play hide and seek among the lilac trees, or spy on the young couples kissing from behind hawthorn bushes. It had all seemed so beautiful, so magical. And as they’d gotten older, the games had changed, become something more…

Strolls down by the water. Kissing beneath the willow trees. ‘I love yous’ and promised forevers…

How the park’s merriment nettled her now. If only she hadn’t met him; if only forever hadn’t been quite so short. If only those summertime strolls hadn’t become so lonely.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Is it racist to try and write an accent, do you think?" Lorry asked.
Cora stopped chewing the back of her pencil and tapped it against her forehead instead. "I suppose it depends on the race of the reader."
"Actually, race has nothing to do with accent," Roman said from his own pile of textbooks.
"She means whether people with the accent would be offended if she writes the way they speak," Cora said, returning her gaze to her homework.
"I didn't know you could speak blonde," Roman said lightly.
"I'm a Jack of all trades."
"What an epitome of skill you are."
"Well I do try."
"And try you do."
"Said that, I did."
"Simply emphasising, I am."
Lorry stood up angrily and dropped her notepad and pen on the floor."Would you two just SHUT UP! I can't focus with all your rambling!"
I kinda giggled at this. I had to cut it out, though. Plot and pace and that.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Drake was perched in his office chair finishing up a case report. He put the papers in a folder once was done. He then wheeled his chair over to his computer. He had to correct a mistake that happened in regards to an unexpected package that he received. It was just a misread by the delivery service. His address was 48675 in the highrise district. The address the package was supposed to go to was 84675 in the highrise district. Drake alerted the delivery service of the mistake earlier and now he was checking to confirm that they received his notice.

Once that was done with, Drake stood up to walk to the filing room. He stepped out of his office and walked by the desk of his subordinate, Richard Morgan. Morgan was treating himself to some television as he filled out his paperwork He was watching a show that had just went to commercial. An ad for the upcoming mayoral election started playing. This one was for candidate Regina Skye.

“ I cannot wait until this time of year is over.” Morgan grumbled.

“ Careful with that talk, Morgan.” Drake said. “ You be sassing our next boss.”

“ Shut up, Graves.” Morgan retorted. “ How often does the mayor actually with us?” Morgan questioned, rhetorically. Drake just chuckled and kept walking to the filing room. He gave his case report to the officer in charge of the room and walked back towards his office. As he walked back he saw that Morgan’s screen was now playing the ad for the other candidate, Damon Wolfe.

“ Ouch, hit with both of them in one sitting.” Drake said with a smirk as he walked by . He playfully clapped Morgan’s shoulder before walking away.

Once Drake was back in his office, he noticed that his communications tablet was sounding off. He accepted the call and screen projected itself onto the wall. Usually, there would be a live camera or at least a picture when these calls took place. However, this time there was just a black screen. Drake was off put by this glitch.

“ This is Detective Grave’s speaking.” Drake said, uneasily.

“ Call an ambulance.” The voice on the other side said. Drake’s brow furrowed. Not only was did that sentence make him feel like his body temperature dropped several degrees, but the voice on the other side of the call was being electronically distorted.

“Who the hell are you?” Drake asked. “ Why are you-”

“ There is going to be an accident.” The distorted voice said, cutting him off. “ At 7:37. Right outside of the Head of Justice’s office.” Drake checked the time. That was only four minutes away.

“ How do you know that?” Drake questioned, aggressively. Before Drake could manage to ask another question the call was ended. Drake ran his hands through his hair and walked out the door of his office. “ Morgan. Come here.” Morgan scrambled out of his seat and dashed over to Drake’s door.

“ What do you need, Detective Graves?” Morgan asked, earnestly.

“ I want you to take my comm tablet and analyze where the call I just got came from.” Drake said.

“ What do you mean? Normal-”

“ I know what normally happens, Morgan.” Drake said, annoyed. “ The video feed of the sod I’m talking to shows up and I have a nice time trying not to stare at the mole or any other unfortunate blemish that is stuck on their face while I talk to them. If that happened, I wouldn’t be asking you to do this. So just take the tablet and analyze the damned call’s origin.” Morgan quickly shuffled over to Drake’s desk and grabbed his tablet. Just as Morgan was about to bring up the call he was stopped by Drake’s hand lightly smacking him in the chest. Drake directed Morgan’s attention to the screen that he had left playing

Breaking News: Mayoral candidate Regina Skye found dead in the wreckage of a grisly car crash.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
While I don't have any self-written things to share myself, I am willing to provide some constructive criticism to some of the pieces here. Be warned though, I can be quite nitpicky haha

My inner masochist is game. :wink: Though won't the fact that the pieces are taken out of context make it difficult? Or is your main focus technical stuff, like punctuation?

Top Bottom