• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Work!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
"We hunt monsters."

"Monsters, Mr. Worley?"

"Oh, you know... elves, vampires, fairies, aliens, Frankensteins, sometimes kids," he shrugged and offered a lopsided smile, but there was a hardness in his gaze that made her innards twist. "Sometimes bad people, too. There are many monsters in many guises in this world."

Scott's face surfaced in her memory, and she felt sick. "You mean to tell me that you are some sort of monster law enforcement?"

"I'm the Bogeyman’s nightmare, Miss Wilson," he said, and swivelled his chair around. "Shall we have some tea, then?"

I need to stop reading Lockwood & Co.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Now for your daily dose of suffering...from Blackout:
Her fingers shook as she reached out to touch his face. Once cold skin now warm and flushed. He couldn’t seem to keep his eyes open long enough to look at her. She pressed her forehead to his in silent communion, as though her soul could pass through his body and raise his own from the depths and into the Light. Hot tears stung her eyes even as relief sang through her body. And, though their quest was far from over, she finally was at peace.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just a little snippet from The Mythos Trials, Chapter Fifteen:

“I used to be human, remember?” he said, tapping his temple. A sinister chuckle bubbled up from his throat, Gwen staring at him in wide-eyed horror. “Even without telepathy, I’d have an edge over Reeves in the mortal world any day of the week. Now, are you going to play nice,” he grasped her chin again, his nose nearly touching hers, “or are your family and friends going to have to suffer for a fight they’re not even part of?”

“I don’t even know what you want,” Gwen choked out. “Please…”

“Oh, that’s easy, pet.” He released her chin, patting her cheek in a way that had it been anyone else, might have been considered affectionate. “All you have to do is lead me to the rest of the pure ether and gather it up. Do that, and your parents need never know how close they came to non-existence; refuse, and there’s not a thing you can say or do to stop us from razing your house to the ground. So, what’s it gonna be?”

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I watch you leave. I watch from the window of my room on the second floor. You exit through the front door, stroll past the driveway, and the you begin walking down the road to go back home. Does it hurt? Am I hurt? No, no numb is a better way to describe it. I wonder how you feel. If only we could change places. Then I would know how you feel. You probably feel better than I do, after all, I am sitting in my room and you...you are walking down that road. If only we could change places. Then I would be the one walking down that road.

We love to hide. Whether it is me, hiding here, or you hiding behind the guise of not wanting to hurt me. For all you did to avoid it, all you did was push the bullet deeper. We became a silent time bomb and when the clock expired we went out with a whimper instead of a bang. It is truly upsetting, for both of us. But worry not, Darling, you and I, me an you, I promise neither one of us will be upset for long. If only we could change places. Now I’m waiting in your room and you’re probably walking down that road.

See? I told you neither one of us will be unhappy. I, I feel great. And you, well you won’t be feeling much of anything anymore, now will you? If only we could have changed places. Now you are laying in your room and I am the one walking down that road.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Snippet from Chapter Nineteen of The Mythos Trials.

As the armour gave another flash of warning, Gwen shook her head, clearing her thoughts. She could go over the specifics with Forneus and Phenex later. Right now she needed to focus on getting a portion of the pure ether, but how? Out of all of her gifts, the ethereal armour seemed the only one capable of interacting with the pure ether’s energy—like a shared radio frequency, or so she thought.

There wasn’t time to figure it out. At that instant, the persuasion gave out. She could feel it, a sudden sense of release at the centre of her chest, forcing her to stumble.

Fingers of dread walked down Gwen’s spine, causing her to shiver. Try as she might, she couldn’t stop her head from turning, couldn’t stop herself from glancing over her shoulder to take in the sight she knew she’d be met with.

A beat followed, the roars and shrieks of the entities from both sides dying away as all eyes turned toward her; topaz and ruby, glittering with malice. Not far from her, Forneus wrenched his sword free from the chest cavity of one of the more feral beings. No sooner had he flicked ichor from his blade when his gaze drifted upward, widening. Farther back, though she couldn’t see his face, Gwen could see the tension of Phenex’s shoulders, flames licking along the contours of his jacket and the length of his arms, both held akimbo.

There was a single, warning growl.

And then, they were under attack.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
From some Gothic Horror/Gothic Romance thing I'm toying with:
“I don’t understand that,” he said. “‘Disappeared and was never seen again’. Why was that so common back then? Did they ****ing try looking for him? Or did they sit there, crying ‘woe is us; our son is gone and we’re locking our daughter in an asylum’.”

“It says here he had a history of ‘illicit practices’,” she replied, choking back laughter. “They might’ve thought it was a scam or something.”

“And now they have no son. Well done, parents.”
I like the MCs...it's fun writing siblings. So...maybe I'll give 'em names and continue it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Snippet from The Spectrum Chronicles, Book Two: Shadow & Flame.

“You bastard,” the figure said, grounding the words out between clenched teeth. “Who are you, really?”

A long moment passed without him answering. He casually looked around, feigning boredom as his golden-amber gaze passed over the row of gothic-styled buildings, past the brightly-lit pub on the far corner, and into the French Quarter beyond.

Hearing the other’s frustrated growl, his lips twitched into a mischievous grin. Flames erupted onto the tips of his fingers, never burning, always welcoming in their brilliance—even in the dead heat of a typical New Orleans summer night. “So, you really want to know who I am? Why not face me, and find out?”

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Shadow
@Rebel Dynasty You guys might like this. Snippet from an RP I'm working on, this was an independent part of it.

The group made their way down the sword-scratched hall into an enormous room. It was dark at first until the parasite activated several floodlights, which lit up the tendril-snaked room for the group to see. Strung up along the far wall was Akiba. Zydre scanned him, relieved to see that he was breathing, but only barely. The tendrils attempted to grab at the group again, but Ezaz put a quick stop to that with a breath of fire. Afterward, it was silent as the party made their way over to Akiba.

A high-pitched noise rang out that made them stop in their tracks. Akiba cried out in pain as he fell off the wall. Tendrils snaked toward him over the floor, carrying bits of metal armor that assembled over him and wrapped tightly in place, leaving just half his face exposed. The remaining eye glowed a bright red while the two mechanical eyes on the other side of his face lit up bright blue. His gaze flicked to the party, unfocused and wild, only focusing when it fell upon Zydre, and even then only for a moment. "You are all going to die." He spoke in a whispered tone.

The group milled about, unsure about whether or not they should attack before the infected Akiba answered that question for them. He leapt at the group and separated them with a shockwave fist to the ground. The first to respond was Isken, who fired at him with several rounds from his gun. Akiba growled as the rounds hit his armor, exploding into large dust clouds. He jumped out of the dust without a scratch on him, and before Isken could react, he had slashed several gashes clean through the lizard's armor with his clawed hand before balling the claws into a fist, punching the side of Isken's head hard enough to send him careening into the wall.

Tralsar took cover with Nightshade, not even able to think of a way to potentially disable Akiba without killing him. The white dragon ran after Naga next. The snake attempted to coil around Akiba, but the infected dragon jumped up and over the coils, then slashed down at them. The group could see him grin wildly as blue blood splattered over his armored body. Naga shot forward, grabbing Akiba's head and throwing him into the ground. Akiba shot back up almost instantly with a slash to Naga's chest, more blood spraying from the wounds. Naga cried out in pain and clutched at the wounds.

Akiba laughed at him insanely before kicking him in the side of the head hard enough to knock him out cold, sending the demon sprawling. Next was Ezaz. The bomb dragon rushed Akiba and slashed at him, the insane dragon summoning a modified twinblade. It was black with a red edge, one side pulsing with a mastered version of RelliK's lightning and the other engulfed in black flame. Akiba gave him a wide grin, showing off his even sharper teeth as he parried Ezaz's slash. Ezaz jumped back as Zydre fired a shot at Akiba, which glanced off his metal armor. Akiba took a sideways look at Zydre before attempting to fry him with lightning, which narrowly missed the Vex.

Ezaz jump at Akiba again, which is exactly what the infected paladin wanted. He twirled his twinblade around and stabbed the fiery end into Ezaz's stomach, detonating him, the force of which wasn't even enough to push Akiba back slightly. He simply stood through the explosion. He turned to Zydre, revealing the exposed part of his face as he did so, his eye focusing on the Vex instantly. He hesitated slightly as he turned, twitching slightly. The armor wrapped a bit tighter around him as he jumped at the Vex. Zydre parried Akiba's initial slash but was too slow on the uptake to block Akiba's kick to his chest, which hit hard enough to dent the chassis and force Zydre to back off.

Ezaz recovered from his explosion and grabbed Akiba from behind. The dragon smirked and turned to Ezaz, driving his blade through the bomb dragon's chest. Ezaz grunted in pain and grabbed it, only to be electrocuted. Akiba laughed madly as he did so, his exposed eye wide and wild. "Yes, everything will die!" He screamed in insane ecstasy. "Life, death, in between, it doesn't matter! We all return to the Earth! Everything shall die!" He cried out before laughing again. He left the electrocuting blade in Ezaz's chest and summoned black fire into his hands, engulfing Ezaz in it. The bomb dragon cried out. "Mmmm... I've waited so long to hear that aria, and you perform it perfectly." He mocked the dragon before pulling his blade out, Ezaz's orange blood spraying over him and mixing with Naga's blue blood.

He then kicked Ezaz in the side of the head hard enough to elicit a loud crack from it, sending Ezaz sprawling, unconscious. He then turned to the doubled-over Zydre, slowly approaching him. Zydre jumped up and half-heartedly slashed at Akiba, who walked by the attack and grabbed Zydre's head, squeezing hard enough to crack his chassis slightly. "This is your fault." He whispered menacingly. "You let this happen to me. You weren't fast enough. You hesitated. And now we'll both die."

Zydre struggled in Akiba's grip before stopping. "You're wrong." He said. "You wanted to die before. That much is certain. But not anymore." He replied. His words seemed to have an effect on the white dragon, as his grip loosened ever so slightly. "You have found a reason to live in me. In us."

"I don't understand." Akiba said softly, his expression slackening somewhat, going from insane to sad. "What do you mean?"

"I mean you don't have to die anymore." Zydre replied in a measured tone. "You can come with us. You have to fight this."

Akiba blinked, twitching. "I... I don't have to... I... I don't want to fight you... I don't... ARGH!" He cried out in pain, backing off from Zydre. He roared and clutched at his head as he fell to his knees, the armor pulsing around him, attempting to restrain him almost. "Get out of my head! Get out! GET OUT!" He roared. He let out another cry of pain as the parasite activated his absolution ability. His body began to glow white, and everyone else's began to glow as well. Even Tralsar felt his body grow heavy as his soul began to be slowly extracted.

Zydre was the only one unaffected. He saw the group's souls exiting their bodies. He knew he had to act fast. He grabbed his rifle and ran at Akiba, aimed at the armored side of his head, and fired. There was a bright flash of white light, and then everything was still. The group's souls returned to their bodies. Zydre walked over to the still-armored Akiba, viewing the smoking hole in the armor that he'd left. Akiba's face was slightly burnt, but mostly unharmed. He had broken the part of the armor that was interfacing with Akiba's mind, severing the parasite's connection. Akiba groaned and awoke, both of his eyes still glowing, but blue now. "Zydre...?" He coughed. "I had the weirdest dream... I attacked all of you... I was laughing..."

"It's over now." Zydre said. Now it was a simple matter of getting him to reject the parasite. "You didn't like it, right?"

Akiba shook his head. "No, not at all... I feel sick..." He groaned and got onto his hands and knees. He then clutched at his head again, the armor exploding off of him, leaving him unscathed. He panted for a moment and vomited, leaving a pile of red tendrils on the floor that Zydre quickly stamped out. "Th...That wasn't a dream, was it?"

"No. But you're safe now. That's what matters." Zydre said. He briefly hugged Akiba before turning to tend to the others. None of them had life-threatening injuries thankfully, and Tralsar and Nightshade were able to patch up their rather resilient friends. Now it was simply a matter of waiting for RelliK.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Rae always says: "I want to try and write deep characters with real, diverse issues that get to the heart of things we need to work on as a species!"
Meanwhile:
Niamh whirled around as yelp and subsequent thud echoed through the hall. Theo was on the ground, clutching at his leg as though in agony.

“What happened?” Niamh inquired, fingers twitching against her spear in an effort not to sign along with the words.

“I think it’s broken,” Theo sniffled as Zara knelt beside him to check the extent of his injuries. “I don’t know that I can keep up with you. When you get home…will you tell Princess I love her?”

Niamh directed a questioning gesture to Zara as the other woman regained her feet and stepped over Theo.

With a sigh and an expression that clearly said her soul was slowly departing her body, Zara explained: “He tripped and stubbed his toe.”
Look, Theo, I'm not saying you're full of s***, but...well....
ILY, bby, even if you are the world's softest crime lord.

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wrote something I call a "ref story" for a new character of mine, Siro the assassin. (And yes, I'm fully aware his appearance sounds exactly like Drive Knight from One Punch Man, this is unintentional as I didn't even know the character existed before writing this.)

Siro Ref Story
By
DreadnoughtDT

The black-armored knight walked through the forest, his entire body obscured by armor. His face covered by a gray mask. Three slits for breathing were on the bottom of it, as well as a red-eyed cyclops visor. The only part of his body that was exposed appeared to be the top of his head, revealing long, unkempt black hair. He made his way out of the forest and into a nearby town.

The town was bustling, at least at first. When people saw him, they quieted down, gossiping amongst each other. "That's the Black Blade..." They would say.

"You mean the top-ranked demon assassin?" Another would ask.

"We should get out of here. Who knows who he's here to kill?" Another said. The crowd dispersed. The knight did not care, besides one detail. He grabbed the shoulder of the one who had called him Black Blade.

"I want to make something clear." The knight said in a heavily synthesized, male voice. "Black Blade is not my name. It is Siro. Nothing else."

The man he'd grabbed swallowed dryly, nodding numbly before running away. Siro chuckled bitterly under his breath as he made his way towards a tavern. The moment he opened the door, his glowing red eye scanning the room, everyone went quiet. "I am here for the owner." Siro said lowly. "Anyone who does not want to die, get out."

"Who the hell do you think you are?" A **** drunk man barked as he stood up, flipping a glass bottle in his hands. He took a swing with the bottle at Siro. Time seemed to slow down for the assassin as he pulled an empty hilt out of a sword sheath. It lengthened, a long, silver blade extending out of it that pierced into the man's arm. The man had just enough time to realize he'd been impaled before Siro spun the blade, cutting his arm off and spraying his armor with blood. He then cut off the man's screams with a stab to the throat, and pushed the dying man over.

The rest of the bar's patrons stared in shock. Several more got up to attempt to charge the assassin while the rest began to run out of the bar. The bartender ran into the next room. Siro gave another empty chuckle as he took the empty bottle from the dead man's hand and threw it at breaknose speed toward one of the men charging towards him. The bottle shattered with such force that the shrapnel staggered the rest of the men. Siro twirled his blade, his eye casually sliding over to look at the group of bleeding drunkards before he fully turned to look at them head on. "I gave you fair warning." He said, his tone emotionless.

A knife was thrown at him, he pulled his hand up and caught it, crushing the blade in his hand before dropping it. Before another projectile could be thrown, his blade extended and curled into a shield, an arrow plinking off of it from a hidden crossbow. His eye immediately fixated on the man who had shot him, causing the man to gasp moments before Siro's thrown shield decapitated the entire enemy group. He caught the shield as it returned to him, changed back to its normal hilt shape, and he sheathed it once again.

He silently made his way up the stairs towards the owner's chamber. The two guards made to stop him before he smashed their heads into the walls, instantly knocking them out before attempting to open the door. Finding it locked, he pulled the handle off, putting a hole through the door, then kicked it open.

The bar owner was cowering behind his desk, a small man all things considered, despite how lavishly decorated the room was. "You know why I am here." Siro said in a low, almost angry tone. "You took something precious from me. And I want it back."

"I have no idea what you're talking abou-" The man started, before Siro shot toward him faster than he could see, a cold metal hand wrapping around his throat as he was lifted up.

"You know exactly what I want." Siro said, his voice more forceful this time. "Your life is already forfeit, but you can give me what I need and die painlessly, or I will torture the information out of you. And you don't want that."

When the man said nothing, Siro began to squeeze. Slowly tighter and tighter, till the bar owner was blue in the face. "Give me the ring." He said in an even, menacing voice.

"I don't know where it is!" The man sputtered breathlessly. "I s-sold it on the black market, it could be anywhere now!"

A tighter squeeze, a loud crack. "Who did you sell it to?" Siro demanded.

"M-man in a white coat, couldn't see his fa... Agh... F-face..." The man managed to get out before Siro snapped his neck completely. The man's body twitched a few times before going limp. Siro tossed the dead man out the window, allowing the body to fall down to the ground with a loud "smack" sound. He lingered for just a moment, looking at the corpse before departing the bar. He looked around at the patrons who were gathered outside.

"The bar is closed." He said. "Permanently." He added with a bitter laugh as he walked away. He left as silently as he came, as a rainstorm came to wash away the dead men's blood.

Siro marched his way through the forest once again, expressionless mask belying his inner turmoil. "I will find you." He said to himself. "And you will be mine."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Apparently I'm feeling sarcastic this morning....
From Blackout:
"Reaver?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you awake?"

"No, I'm talking to you in my sleep. I haven't a clue what I'm saying at this moment. This is most likely just a terrible dream."

On a far more serious note, from a Darkside fic I'm working on:
Jonathan watched Raquella's retreating form until he could no longer keep her in sight. He resisted the urge to pace frustratedly and his fingers twitched against the still-warm hip flask she'd left in his keeping. Twice he made as if to walk away from the car and both times he turned back, heart thudding in his ears. He could leave--he still had a chance to refuse help and...and...and what? What would happen if he refused? Raquella had made it perfectly clear that the offer wouldn't be extended a second time. What if...he couldn't handle...this? Images sprang to mind--his parents, Kate, classmates whose names he couldn't recall but who were pleasant when they noticed him--people he cared for torn asunder. Blood splattering the walls, coating his hands. His stomach twisted violently and he thought he might throw up. No, he couldn't handle this on his own.

Stuffing away his pride, Jonathan strode up to the grey Mercedes, opened the front passenger door, and all but threw himself into the seat. When the door was closed behind him, he made no move to reach for his seatbelt nor to look at the man in the driver's seat. Just sat there, feeling a shaking rising from his core, twisting his intestines and hindering his ability to breathe. The car was cold--somehow even more so than the outside street. And there was something...a faint scent: antiseptic and sterile, just masking the scent of decay, that never failed to remind him of a morgue. It was doing nothing to help calm his nerves.

But he could feel eyes on him, piercing and enquiring, and Jonathan chanced a glance out of the corner of his eye. In the gloom, Vendetta's pale skin seemed almost luminescent and his expression was unreadable. Jonathan returned his gaze to the flask in his lap, slowly memorizing every line and curve just to avoid looking elsewhere.

"I...I don't want to hurt anyone," he finally admitted to the growing darkness.

Sounds of movement reached his ears, causing him to twitch involuntarily. The whisper of fabric against fabric and a creak of protest from a seatbelt as Vendetta's posture shifted. A soft jingle from the keys in the ignition as the vampire's knee accidentally brushed against them. It took Jonathan a moment to realize Vendetta was waiting for him to buckle up, but he made no attempt to do so.

Apparently resigned, Vendetta replied, "You won't. If you take them by surprise, they'll not know you were there. It will be over quickly."

Jonathan grimaced, anger displacing shame. "No! No, that's not what I--you know exactly what I meant! I'm not going to kill anyone, Vendetta!"

The response was simple and blunt, but it felt like a slap: "Then you will die."

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is a floater that I haven't found a spot for in my DMC fanfic I Hate Everything About You.
I also write ideas and scenes that pop into my head in the third narrative, even though the fic in question is written from first person narrative.
“How do you do it? How do you go out every night knowing what is waiting for you and going anyway?” she asked and watched them assemble their weapons of choice.
“Because I know what could happen if I don’t,” Dante said.
“But you come home and you sleep. Like it’s nothing, like it’s just another night in hell.”
Vergil cleared his throat. “You do sleep like the dead.”
“Wait, are you two trying to gang up on me for sleeping in every morning?” Dante shrugged on his red trench coat and made a show of pulling on his gloves.
Cora rolled her eyes and perched on the edge of the desk. “The issue isn’t sleep itself. What I’m getting at is that you don’t… have nightmares. You don’t get paranoid. You don’t get jittery. How is that?”
“You want to know why we are not afraid,” Vergil said.
Cora made an irritated ‘duh’ face at him.
“I guess that when you are raised to confront monsters every day of your life, you become somewhat accustomed to them. You become immune to fear,” Vergil said.
“Speak for yourself,” Dante snorted.
There was an awkward silence before Vergil stomped from the room, fists clenched and grumbling insults under his breath. Dante turned to look at the door once his twin had gone.
“Do you always have to **** him off?” Cora sighed and rubbed her forehead.
“He’s ****ing me off with his god complex,” Dante retorted and crouched down to tighten his boots shoelaces. “I’m not afraid of monsters because to me it’s the norm. It doesn’t make me immune to fear, though. I’m afraid of a lot of things that aren’t monsters.”
“Maybe that’s just the way he feels, then,” she said.
Dante straightened up and gave her a peculiar look. “Uh, no. He’s afraid of me.”
“You?”
“Long story. My point is that he’s not immune to fear. Don’t fall for his act.”

And another revised excerpt from the same fic.
Prior to this scene 12 year old Cora had to convince her mother that despite the brothers having Casanova status in town, she didn't like to hang out with them much. Her mother also didn't want people to know that they were in her house. Just for some perspective.
(Also, I'm still not over my fictional crush on Dante. I love his witty attitude. I squee muchly.)
I closed the lounge door behind us and dreaded to turn around and face them, but I couldn’t stay and stare at the door like a weirdo either. I chanced a look over my shoulder at them; one was filing through our collection of games, the other stood on the opposite side of the room peeking out the window through the closed curtains. Good, they weren’t paying me any attention for the moment which kinda let me off the hook to strike up conversation right away. I turned the lock and took a step away from the door before both of their heads swivelled toward me in unison.

My mouth dropped open and I stared back at them, startled and almost winded, because their expressions were dangerous.

“What did you lock the door for?” the boy by the window asked in a quiet, drawling voice that dragged me over velvet covered rocks.

“I…uh… Mum said,” I said stupidly.

The brothers exchanged a look before the one on the floor by the games carried on what he was doing. “That’s a first.”

“You mean to say-“ the other boy – Vergil, I think, I never could remember which of them liked to wear their hair slicked back like that – started walking toward me.

“Leave it,” Dante said in a loud, nagging voice.

Vergil had made it to the couch and paused, uncertainly glancing from Dante, to me and the door, and back. “What if it’s a trap?”

“Then we’ll just bust our way through the window, or the door, or the ceiling,” Dante muttered distractedly, and pulled a game from the box before glancing around the room. “Or the wall, take your pick.”
^My bet is on the door or ceiling.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Went looking through my notes for my steampunk novel and realized I'd typed this up a while back:

“You have so many scars,” Niamh breathed, staring at the hundreds and hundreds of lines marring his torso. They were worse than the multitude of bruises and gashes he’d obtained under the Duke’s care—worse, if only because he would have had to be midway into his teens, at latest, when he’d gotten them.

Theo was silent for a long moment, staring at the dark wall of the air ship. He didn’t react when she bandaged the smaller wounds and stitched the deeper shut. It wasn’t until Niamh had started closing up the first aid kit that he finally replied tonelessly, “My father was not a kind man.”

Niamh’s stomach lurched uncomfortably. She’d been aware that the previous Lord Argall was less than laudable, but she hadn’t known. Suddenly words seemed immaterial.

“I…Theo….”

“Don’t.” His voice was soothing and gentle, but there was something in his face that unnerved her. Detachment and something that reminded her of a hunter relishing the torment of its prey. “Did James not tell you about my father’s unfortunate demise?”

“James said he was ill—”

“Oh, yes, he most certainly was ill,” Theo replied with a humorless laugh, shrugging back into his tattered shirt. “It was the strangest thing—he caught ill with the same bit of plague mother died from. And he was so determined to survive it. Funny, he refused to allow mother a physician when she was ill, but he had summoned one for himself within hours. They tried so hard to save him…perhaps they should have checked his medications closer.”

Niamh’s throat had gone dry, the kit beside her forgotten. Hesitantly, she signed, “What did you do?” When he didn’t respond, she enquired aloud: “What have you done, Theo?”

“Aconite tincture,” he responded simply. “The plants grow wild on our property—I know you’ve seen them. It wasn’t exactly difficult to slip a couple drops into each of the bottles. The symptoms were the same for both the illness and the poison; poor doctors didn’t understand why the medications weren’t helping father get better. They could have just asked me.” He paused and, contemplatively, added: “Perhaps it would have been kinder to kill him quickly. But he never earned that rite.”

He rose to his feet, Niamh echoing his actions a moment later. As he made to leave, she grabbed ahold of his arm, ignoring his injuries. “Where do you think you are going? You are in no state to do anything.”

“You were right, Niamh. When you told me to leave,” he clarified, expression unreadable. “I’m not one of your good people. There’s no point in denying it anymore. And it’s time I reminded some old friends of that fact.”

Theo...please...don't turn into someone I have to kill off....

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
A rough draft except from one of my various tales; "Rider Girl."

“I hate you.”
Victor gasps as he clutches Abigail’s hand. His blood dripping on the concrete below.
“I loved you so damn much!” Tears emerge from the blonde man’s eyes. “I housed you, fed you, protected you, and lied for you.”
“I…I’m sorry.” Abigail stares into her dying friend’s eyes. “I… I didn’t know-”
“Bullsh@t.” Victor coughs. Blood sweeps from the man’s mouth. “You knew, you knew I adorned you. You were my all, my everything. The truth is you only saw me as your dorky friend. You slept around indiscriminately, how many men came into my house hmm?”
Abigail tears up, her silence says more than words ever could.
“What hurts the most is that I took that attack on your behalf. I gave my life for you and you don’t love me.” Victor coughs up more blood, his grip on Abigail’s hand softens. “Tell me the truth, please. You only saw me as a place to crash. Never as a significant other, right?”
Abigail closes her eyes and looks away. Tears pour down her eyes as Victor’s heart sinks toward the depths of despair. With a gulp, Abigail looks at her true, only friend.
“You treated me like a goddess. You were the greatest man in my life.” She pauses, then looks away. “But your right, I didn’t love you.”
Victor loosens his grip which prompts Abigail to look back at Victor.
“G…Good luck… Y…Your now a…alone-”
Victor’s body goes limb in Abigail’s strong arms. The autumn beauty stares blankly at the dead man. Placing Victor’s body down, Abigail then walks away without saying a word….

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I have no idea if I've posted this one for Fall of the Spectrum before. First scene of Chapter Nineteen, second draft. (Pretty much nothing has changed from the original except for the odd bit of wording here and there).

Forneus frowned. “I see. And just how, pray tell, will we go about securing said knowledge?”

“There will be a preliminary hearing first thing tomorrow.” Phenex downed the rest of his goblet, and got to his feet. “I intend to question him before then…and you’re going to help me.”

“Phenex…”

“Relax, I don’t expect you to actually do anything,” Phenex interrupted, eyes glinting with mischief. “I just thought that your electrical impulses might come in handy. You know, for monitoring purposes?”

“What do you mean, for—” Forneus didn’t finish. All it took was a second’s consideration, and he understood. “Ah. So in essence, you want me to act as a lie detector?”

“No, not act; be.” Phenex crossed over to the door and looked back, grinning at Forneus in a way that forced him to stifle a groan as he rose from his chair. “And if that doesn’t work, I’m sure the truth could be persuaded out of him with a few, errant sparks…”

Arms folded across his bare chest, Forneus considered Phenex a moment longer. When the other showed no sign of moving, he released a sigh. “Very well. I will help you question him. But,” he levelled his most stern gaze at Phenex, “I will not extract information from him under duress. Is that clear?”

“Fine. If you won’t, I will.”

“Phenex.”

Phenex chuckled. “All right, all right. I see lack of sleep has robbed you of your sense of humour. I won’t use force against him. Promise.”

“Good.” Forneus sank back into his armchair, wearily running a hand over his face as he did. “When shall I meet you?”

“Five hours, mortal standard time.” Phenex opened the door, and stepped onto the footpath beyond. “Oh, and Forneus? Get what rest you can. If Hermes’ suspicions are correct, we just may find the preliminary moving into trial territory fast. If that happens, Hercules will need more than the word of an ex-soldier to clear his name. You up to the task, old friend?”

Forneus felt his lips pull into a tired smile. “Need you ask?”

A chuckle was his only answer. With a casual wave, Phenex was gone, leaving Forneus to get what rest he could before venturing into the Underworld; hoping that their endeavour wouldn’t be in vain.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well another part of mine fanfiction writing :D :

She was just well in shock, what not so long ago her parents told her after her 17 birthday that she soon in next year after getting officially in age, is in end to be forced married with male who not only been slightly twice of her age,but also been CEO of big company that employed hers father. For her options been really grim as also one of her female friends who acidentally got to slightly overheard some people from her fathers work, told that the guy was unhealthy obsessed with one female ,that they really feel to be sorry for her when she ends with him, since whole obsession suppoused to drive him mad, and there been rumours that he experimented on himself to stay younger for that female.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Taken from the last scene of Chapter Twelve in The Mythos Trials:

Fractals of gentle, white light danced across the tiled floor, cast by a simple, yet elegant chandelier fixed in the vaulted ceiling above. A quick glance revealed to Gwen that they had reached the end of the breezeway, coming into the palace’s entrance hall. A thick rug of moss green took over where the white tiles ended, marbled tile of black and grey accentuating it on either side. Potted plants were scattered throughout with small, rounded tables in-between, laden with fragrant blossoms or shining trinkets.

Beyond the foyer was a grand spiralling staircase, complete with a gilded balustrade at the very top. Smaller chandeliers than the first were fixed into the ceiling above the stairs; rose quartz, amethyst, and citrine casting prismatic beams along earth-tone coloured walls. Where there weren’t paintings and mosaics, there were tapestries. From dark and foreboding pieces, to panoramic views that stole the breath from her lungs.

Just then, one of a myriad of mahogany doors opened, a figure in dark formal wear emerging with a curious look in their direction. “Can I help you?”

Gwen’s heart jumped into her throat, her fingers clutching Phenex’s sleeve, much to the other’s amusement. He gave her a sidelong smirk before answering the figure. “Yes, we’ve come to speak with Governor Eurus. We have urgent information regarding the centaur clans.”

“I’m sorry, but Governor Eurus is resting,” the figure began, a hint of reproach creeping into his voice. “Perhaps you can make an appointment...”

Gwen retreated a step when Phenex moved forward, recognizing the sudden tension lining his face. “Look pal, this isn’t a social call. Lives are at stake, not to mention entire realms. So if you don’t take us to Governor Eurus right now, I—”

“Phenex.” Forneus moved past Gwen, putting a restraining hand on the other’s shoulder. “We won’t get anywhere threatening his footman.” To the figure, he said, “Please, it is as my friend says; enemy forces have infiltrated Mythos with the intent of overthrowing those in power. We must speak with Governor Eurus before it’s too late.”

A shadow of uncertainty passed over the figure’s face, dark, slicked-back hair catching the light when he tilted his head to the side. “I’m sorry, I don’t believe I got your names,” he said, the words slow and cautious. “Who may I tell his lordship is calling?”

“My associate is elite solo operative Phenex of the Regulations Force, First Unit,” Forneus said with an introductory wave, “and I am Forneus, Guardian of the Artifacts, in service to the High Council and the realms under their protection.” As an aside, he added, “And the young lady in our company is Miss Gwenyth Lamelle.”

Gwen ducked her head, her face burning when the figure turned inquisitive eyes on her. His gaze didn’t linger long, Phenex’s biting words drawing his head up with a snap.

“Good. Now that the formalities have been addressed, tell Governor Eurus to get down here immediately,” he hissed, flames flickering onto the tips of his fingers, “or so help me, I’ll burn this entire palace to the ground.”

Top Bottom