• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Psychonauts 2 Crowdfunding!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
20120216psychonauts2.jpg

Psychonauts 2 is announced for crowd funding. Double Fine is seeking 3.3 Mil. to fund its newest creation! First trailer is right here:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Saw this at the Game Awards and yeah this is gonna fail just like the first one did, because that sack of s**t Schafer didn't alienate is audience back at GDC when he made the first one.

Good riddance to him.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I loved the original. I have a hard time explaining the why but I really liked it and I wish I had a physical copy, only have a digital one.

I'm glad that they're making a new title and while I don't care for Schafer's personal views he makes good games. I'm definitely playing this.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Who wants to bet Tim Schafer continues to be a real sh*t human being and asks for more money once he's spent all this money?

I mean he has a solid history of staying in budget and meeting deadlines right...........right?
Oh yeah and his last 2 kickstarters ended very well too didn't they........didn't they?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Who wants to bet Tim Schafer continues to be a real sh*t human being and asks for more money once he's spent all this money?

I mean he has a solid history of staying in budget and meeting deadlines right...........right?
Oh yeah and his last 2 kickstarters ended very well too didn't they........didn't they?
Yeah, they do seem to be pretty big twats the more memorable their games. I don't know, maybe there really has to be something wrong with them in order for them to make good games.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Yeah, they do seem to be pretty big twats the more memorable their games. I don't know, maybe there really has to be something wrong with them in order for them to make good games.
Schafer is a money hungry scumbag no better than Sarkessian, just wait and see, the Psychonauts 2 project is gonna end the same way Schafers last 2 projects ended, ran out of money, asks for more, then releases them unfinished.

Did you hear about what happened with Brutal Legend's development? Brutal Legend is easily my favorite Schafer game, yet during development he continued to miss deadlines and go overbudget which caused Activision to drop the game and EA to pick it up.

That's also something to take into consideration with Kojima and Konami.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Personaly I don't care. I loved Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Brutal Legend, Monkey Island so I would have supported it with money, if they added Ps4 as end version possibility

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Personaly I don't care. I loved Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Brutal Legend, Monkey Island so I would have supported it with money, if they added Ps4 as end version possibility
That is a huge problem.

You don't care if the guy hates you, continues to take your money, then asks for more and more and more, then gives you an unfinished game, you'll just happily take it and smile because you're a fanboy of his games.

If you don't care that he sees you as an easy idiot with money, then you are screwing it up for everyone else by confirming that this behavior is ok and other developers can do it too because as long as it's a game you really really want, you'll happily pay for an unfinished game.

Don't be a part of the problem.

Watch this f**king video, all the way through, I guarantee you'll hate that sack of s**t Schafer once you have watched it.
It's not a hate video or opinion video either, full facts here!!!

Also I just realized the name Tim Schafer, is an anagram for Mr Sh*tface, which is what I'll be calling him from now on :)

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Are you hating on Tom Schaefer because he mocked your stupid Gamergate crap.

Gamergate was, and forever will be ridiculous and stupid.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think people are able to form their own opinions without watching a video.

I've seen this kind of thing before, and it ends up leading nowhere. People are here to support this crowd funding, nothing otherwise. There's nothing wrong with additional information regarding the company or the people affiliated with it, but that's probably not going to change their minds of those interested in the game/s themselves. I say 'probably', because I don't see it being a likely thing.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That is a huge problem.

You don't care if the guy hates you, continues to take your money, then asks for more and more and more, then gives you an unfinished game, you'll just happily take it and smile because you're a fanboy of his games.

If you don't care that he sees you as an easy idiot with money, then you are screwing it up for everyone else by confirming that this behavior is ok and other developers can do it too because as long as it's a game you really really want, you'll happily pay for an unfinished game.

Don't be a part of the problem.

Watch this f**king video, all the way through, I guarantee you'll hate that sack of s**t Schafer once you have watched it.
It's not a hate video or opinion video either, full facts here!!!

Also I just realized the name Tim Schafer, is an anagram for Mr Sh*tface, which is what I'll be calling him from now on :)
I personally never found myself "ripped off" by him. I don't support crowd funding, I only care about final products. And so far every single game I played from Shafer ended up as one of my all time favs. Im very pleased how GF HD turned out and had tons of fun replaying it on modern console. As such all complaints and displeasure just mean nothing to me. If we talk Ubisoft. Yes I wont support them. If we talk Rocksteady, same. But thats why their products didn't delivered. I wont bash somebody who made many all-rims classic games because people were disdain by results.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Buying his final well done products? That's fine, he does make good games when they're finished, though I doubt Psyhconauts 2 will even release and even if it does, you can bet your ass it'll be filled with Anita Sarkessian propaganda.

It's his crowd funding thing that needs to stop, he's screwed backers twice already and it's extremely likely he's gonna do it again when you've done all the research.
He can even do what Gearbox did with Aliens Colonial Marines and put 90% of the money elsewhere, put little effort into Psychonauts 2 and then come out and state he needs more money because fanboys didn't read the fine print on Fig.com or just release the game in an unfinished sh**ty state like his last game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Thats why I buy final products :) Also I never noticed anything feminazi like in his games, so I can't really attack him on this matter either. So before I bash his product I rather wait for its release and play it.

Top Bottom