• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Psychonauts 2 Crowdfunding!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Seriously, what are you even talking about when you say "Anita Sarkeesian propaganda"? I only remember him mocking GamerGate and that's when you decided to hate him.

Again, GamerGate was freaking stupid and always will be.

Psychonauts 2 was funded and it looks like we're gonna get it developed. I now play the waiting game and hoping one of my favorites gets a worthy sequel.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
GamerGate was freaking stupid and always will be.
I disagree. Wanting your journalists to be professionals is only natural and you certainly don't want to have them belittle you. What if Fox news started it's viewers? What about that is stupid?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I disagree. Wanting your journalists to be professionals is only natural and you certainly don't want to have them belittle you. What if Fox news started it's viewers? What about that is stupid?
Oh please, it wasn't about "ethnics in video game journalism". It was an internet lynch mob. Just look at the history of this thing and how it all started. The whole "Quinnspiracy". (And some girl's sex life is really none of my business to be honest)

And this whole thing didn't do anything progressive. If anything it set the gaming community back. Don't be one of those people berto. There's nothing wrong with wanting journalist to be more professional, but Gamergate was not the way to go about it. Because a lot of gamers are idiots.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh please, it wasn't about "ethnics in video game journalism". It was an internet lynch mob. Just look at the history of this thing and how it all started. The whole "Quinnspiracy". (And some girl's sex life is really none of my business to be honest)

And this whole thing didn't do anything progressive. If anything it set the gaming community back. Don't be one of those people berto. There's nothing wrong with wanting journalist to be more professional, but Gamergate was not the way to go about it. Because a lot of gamers are idiots.
I could make an entire response to this hitting every point but this is already derailed enough of the thread so I'll leave with this.

Yes, gamergate is about ethics in video game journalism and it has done progressive things. Because of this movement several major journalistic websites, like the escapists, have revised and updated their code of conduct to push for a more professional standard. In all fairness some gamers are idiots and since hashtags are open to all it's not as though you can keep the idiots out and keep only the best and brightest but I've seen the opposition and they sure as hell aren't for me.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Seriously, what are you even talking about when you say "Anita Sarkeesian propaganda"? I only remember him mocking GamerGate and that's when you decided to hate him.

Again, GamerGate was freaking stupid and always will be.

Psychonauts 2 was funded and it looks like we're gonna get it developed. I now play the waiting game and hoping one of my favorites gets a worthy sequel.
Either you know extremely little about Gamergate or you fell for one of the bulls*** articles about it.

Gamergate is about ethics in game journalism and getting corruption out of gaming, all the bulls*** about it being a group of woman haters came from all the SJWs and unethical journalists that were being exposed and revealed as what they truly are.

As for the Mr S***face insult to Gamergate, yeah I started hating him then and hated him even more the more I learned about his game development history, but if you knew exactly what the insult meant, you'd hate him too.

Let me explain what his joke was:
Sock Puppet: How many Gamergaters does it take to make a single piece of armor?
Mr S***face: Oh god, I don't know.
Sock Puppet: 50. 1 to do the modeling, 1 to do the materials and 40 to tweet that it's not your shield.

Him not being able to count was dumb enough, but he directly attacked the NotYourshield hashtag, the NotYourShield hashtag is what Female, Gay, Bi, Trans and Minority Gamers use to show that they exist and are also pro Gamergate, but Mr S***face's insult is basically saying that Female, Gay, Bi, Trans and Minority gamers DON'T EXIST and all those Female, Gay, Bi, Trans and Minority gamers and Gamergate supporters are nothing more than Sockpuppet accounts created by Gamergate supporters, therefor supporting SJWs and Sarkessian's bulls*** belief that all Gamers and Gamergaters are just straight white males.

Yeah I started hating Mr S***face at that moment, he was a real son of a b*tch there, but the more I learned about his recent history with crowd funding made me hate him even more, even before that with his great games like the original Psychonauts and even the awesome Brutal Legend, S***face went over budget and missed deadlines on Psychonauts 1 that Microsoft backed out due to him being "Expensive and Late" then with Activision and Brutal Legend, he missed deadlines and went over budget again causing Kotick to publicly say how bad for business S***face is, now no publisher wants anything to do with him thanks to his history, now look into how Broken Age and Spacebase DF-9 went, his only choice now is to con money out of his fanboys and with how his last 2 crowdfunding projects went and after watching that video I posted before, do you really expect the whole Pyschonauts 2 thing to end well?

Last edited by a moderator:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Either you know extremely little about Gamergate or you fell for one of the...
first, please censor more than just one letter when you swear.
second, lets get back on topic. This is a thread on psychonauts 2 and not on gamergate and this is veering too far off topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom