• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Protagonist in next installment

Protagonists?

• Dante

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Nero

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Vergil

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Female protagonists

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Multiple character gameplay.

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I pick Nero because he was a nice change, spunky spitfire type of character. His DB was really sweet to use and I also love his exceed on the Red Queen. It wouldn't be wise for the company to let Nero fade into the distance. Yes Dante lovers would be happy but Capcom (or what ever company is working on DMC next) would lose a lot of fans because Nero has huge plot holes surrounding his persona so I (and everyone that is damn curious) wish for those to be answered ASAP. PLUS I hate, and I repeat...HATE it when fans bash a new character into the series. Whoop-de-do, the spotlight changed. Why fear the change of a new character? It's no reason bash, run, hide and scream for your lives because the character has been in one game.>_< Games are meant to have fun with, not argue the living daylights out of them so they lose their enjoyment spark.

I've played all the DMC games so yes, I do enjoy Dante hands down but it's time to switch it up a bit so the games don't stall with the whole "Sparda sealed this demon 2000 years ago, now Dante has to seal him up for another 2000 years" crap. It gets repetative and boring fast. I like his styles, really versitile depending on the situation...I don't want him cut out because he's still a pretty BA character to have hanging around even if you don't play him for most of the game.

Even if Dante is the protagonist, as long as the questions are answered in a resonable AND believable mannor without a lot of BS in between, I will be satisfied.

Vampi

I voted for Vergil of course Protagonist/Anti-Hero. He has the most potential, he's mysterious, he can have the series have sum depth for once. If Capcom doesn't realize this, they're a bunch of sissies who don't realize the potential of this character and make DMC more deeper then what its becoming...a stale game next to the likes of GOW and Bayonetta (Seriously, DMC is taking a backseat to a skank like Bayonetta and a Jerk with a Daddy complex)

Dante - is played out and has no motivation in life. Until he gets sum form of drive besides eating pizza and showing off like a complete jerk like he was in DMC 4. He might as well take a hiatus. Unless he goes evil with his demon side, he's pretty much fanservice for all the Dante fangirls.

Nero - He's better as a co-star. We don't know enough about him to care about his plight in the DMC universe. His story has been cliche so far and not tragic enough compared to Dante and Vergil. As far as characters go. He's had a pretty good life thus far. I rather him be an antagonist actually.

DMC Chicks - I like playing as Trish in DMC 2. I think they can do sum side missions or whatnot. If not, maybe an unlockable character or costume or whatever.

Multiple Character Gameplay: - I wouldn't really like this, since i like playing alone and i don't want anyone holding me back, and also i don't want to hold anyone back. It would be okay in an RPG type setting. But...i could care less about Co-op. I just don't trust Capcom with it. Look how much RE is not Survival Horror anymore.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think Nero would make a really crappy antagonist, but that's just me getting ticked that I wouldn't get to play as him.

I really really don't want to play as Dante anymore. All they're doing is adding little bits and pieces to him that ultimately don't matter. And for everything they give to him, they water down something of his as well. He's boring to me.

Vampi

Just because Nero would be bad doesn't mean he wouldn't be playable. Alot of games nowadays have villians or anti-heroes as playable characters. He would fit much better as a villian. Even Johnny Yong Bosch said so and Vash is never freakin wrong.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vampi;269190 said:
Just because Nero would be bad doesn't mean he wouldn't be playable. Alot of games nowadays have villians or anti-heroes as playable characters. He would fit much better as a villian. Even Johnny Yong Bosch said so and Vash is never freakin wrong.

I guess I just can't see him being a villain. He doesn't have that bad guy vibe, IMO.

Maybe if he's misguided and he's led by a bad guy pretending to be a good guy, then it would work for me.

Vampi

No, it wouldn't have to be that deep. All what needs to happen to drive Nero over the deep end is kill Kyrie. Simple as that. He'll go crazy because of the amount of guilt he carries for not saving her and takes it out on people (he'd probably blame them to). And TA DAH! Nero is evil.

Just imagine how freakin annoying a bastard he is if you go up against him with the Devil Bringer. I can see it. Nero's face is a due for excessive pounding anyway.

moseslmpg

I think that is how it tends to happen. You could play as him up until the point he becomes bad, then as someone else to fight him, then switch back and forth to fight the ultimate bad guy.

I refrain from voting in this poll, but I think Capcom are bound to having Nero as a protagonist since they explained nothing about him.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I think the only thing that would make Nero the antagonist is if Capcom plays out Nero being mislead into thinking something is for the better good for his beloved, Kyrie. Or do the whole "Demonic possession" theory floating around the DMC community.

I agree with DT. I don't see Nero going evil unless someone broke his spirit to the point that power is the only way to make it better.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
Of course dante

But,if it's not dante,it must be vergil because he deserves it.nero just came from nowhere an got his own story and 13 missions since vergil doesn't have his own missions but only dante's missions in third game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom