• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Protagonist in next installment

Protagonists?

• Dante

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Nero

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Vergil

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Female protagonists

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Multiple character gameplay.

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
killerwaffles93;248621 said:
for the love of god dont let it be nero to me he is a clone of dante a crappy clone of him I want vergil he is awsome:):mad:

Nero has a more believable personality. And plus, he's 16. He's gonna act like that. I know I do.

Vergil's had his time. He's past. I don't like him at all.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;248622 said:
Nero has a more believable personality. And plus, he's 16. He's gonna act like that. I know I do.

Vergil's had his time. He's past. I don't like him at all.

I totally agree apart from not liking him at all. The only thing I don't like about Vergil is how he is too overrated. Playing 3 as a prequel I was comfortable with grasping the fact that this was the story of a character that had already fallen, not a character that was still alive and secretly the centre of everything in the series.
If I had played 3 first my views on Vergil would have probably been very different.

aoshi

Nero is 16. I don't think so. I am sure he is in his 20's which is evident from his grunts,battle cries and physicality.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aoshi;248769 said:
Nero is 16. I don't think so. I am sure he is in his 20's which is evident from his grunts,battle cries and physicality.

In the novel it is stated that he's 16. It may not be official, but it's the only source we have.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
i tink dante should be protagonist with vergil unlockable like DMC3 or maybe have some other BA person unlockable

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Darth Angelo;248750 said:
I totally agree apart from not liking him at all. The only thing I don't like about Vergil is how he is too overrated. Playing 3 as a prequel I was comfortable with grasping the fact that this was the story of a character that had already fallen, not a character that was still alive and secretly the centre of everything in the series.

y'mean like wesker only dead?

ps did any1 besides sparda c the EPIC FAIL at the end of RE:5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUPbDjQKfQ

Darth Angelo

D.E.Mortal;249123 said:
y'mean like wesker only dead?

ps did any1 besides sparda c the EPIC FAIL at the end of RE:5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUPbDjQKfQ

Hard to tell really because Code Veronica wasn't a prequel but I am not going to deny how exited I was to see him back and didn't care why.

I remember someone showing me the turtle head video. I just wrote it off as Capcom being hesitant to realisticly show what would actually happen should a skull get hit by an RPG. Even for an 18+ game I suppose being forced to watch Weskers head explode in a mist of glowing brains, skull and lava wasn't really needed.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
i think we should get vergil back to normal somehow like he was in 3 or maybe a bit different but vergil is probably my favorite character in the series and he probably would have pwned mundus if it wasnt right after his fight with dante

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
BlueDevil;230251 said:
I choose Nero as well. Two reasons: I like him, and! They need to flesh out his character and reveal more about him, rather than just let his character fade into the background. That would be a very bad move, as it would simply be stupid to introduce him, create so many questions, and then not answer them all. So long as Nero has at least ONE more game, I will be happy. The rest can be Dante.

i agree it would be a bad move not to let him have the spotlight for a change rather than dante... im all for dante but no offence he is gettin a bit boring plus there is so many questions as bluedevil said such as where did nero come from, is he realiteed(sorry for spelling)to dante and how

Dominus

If they bring back Dante as lead it better not be DMC 3.5 like 4 was, it better be fresh and unique. I mean I've played all the DMCs with DMC1 being the first and i'm kind of sick of the current formula (was fun while it lasted). Bayonetta seemed like a decent evolution of DMC gameplay so my hope is DMC goes that way.

The only reason I'd want vergil is because I'm sure if they gave him the limelight the gameplay might feel more fresh.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^ I thought that's what they tried to achieve by bringing Nero into things, but it didn't quite work for me. Also, it seems they were afraid fans might not take to Nero, which a few on here didn't, so they included Dante as playable too. But then I thought that just led to a disjointed and a bit repetitive experience in DMC4 overall.

Dante is pretty versatile as a character, with long range and short range moves... if you brought in someone like Vergil (who isn't as versatile, can't shoot fast, can't fly, etc.) the gaming might annoy people. I know when I first played as Vergil in DMC3:SE it took some getting used to. Sparda would work because he's basically Dante in terms of moveset anyway. Or perhaps making Dante faster and with a wider range of abilities (like Bayonetta) might make the gameplay seem more fresh. I don't know...

Darth Angelo

Well I took to Nero instantly as soon as I started playing as him it was like he was everything I ever wanted Dante to be in both personality and fighting style. But I guess I am part of a minority that is so small nobody even cares what we think. It's all bring back Vergil bring back Vergil bring back Vergil.

aoshi

^ U got me. Nero is interesting as exceed is highly dynamic as of now. If i lock the timing,I think it would still be fun as DB can mix in a wide variety to last a mission in DMC. He is very offensive is not bothered by size of bosses. However with dante, size of the boss needed to be measured with trickster or royal guard.Both are good IMO. However dante seems to be favorite.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante is only the favorite because people are afraid of having new things in a game series they were already comfortable with.

I thought Nero was a welcome addition, and one that let me string combos like no one's business. Seriously, with Nero, it's actually VERY hard for me to NOT A or S rank a mission.

aoshi

^I don't think so. Dante has best human strats to take down bosses. Yes, he is a demon, but his skills are very human except for royal-guard release or DT release which need to be charged with human attempts in the first place. He is skilled to be wasted.

I think best way is to have a separate walk through for both as done in RE 4(Seperate ways) which can be unlocked and played than interrupt the game on first playthrough. I don't wanna lose either one.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Or it could be like DMC2 and have two disks, with 20 missions each, and repetition ONLY when needed.

DevilHunter88

I think they really need to give DMC 5 some different flavor to it. I agree Dante should be the main protagonist as everybody loves him and he does deserve the spotlight in any DMC game ESPECIALLY if this would be the last one. I'm all for bringing back Nero too despite that some ppl don't like him at all. I for one like Nero, just not as much as Dante. The main problem I had with DMC 4 was not so much that it felt like an incomplete game but it really took me awhile to really get use to Nero's combos and especially his use of Exceed. I felt Exceed was waaaay too slow in performance for a DMC game and if they're gonna bring Nero back they need to make some serious improvements on the Exceed or get rid of it and replace it with something better. The Devil Bringer moves were a nice addition though I'll admit and we definitely need to see some new Buster moves in the next game. As for Vergil...I kinda agree he's had his time. It might be best to just have him in his own spin-off game than an actual DMC title imo. And the idea about 2 discs? Sorry I think it's rather stupid. It didn't work in DMC 2 and it won't work in DMC 5 even if they do differ, I'd rather have one disc using multiple characters. And it would be cool for DMC 5 if Sparda becomes an unlockable character and I definitely agree his history needs to be explored and explained more as well as Dante and Nero's.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DevilHunter88;269171 said:
I think they really need to give DMC 5 some different flavor to it. I agree Dante should be the main protagonist as everybody loves him and he does deserve the spotlight in any DMC game ESPECIALLY if this would be the last one. I'm all for bringing back Nero too despite that some ppl don't like him at all. I for one like Nero, just not as much as Dante. The main problem I had with DMC 4 was not so much that it felt like an incomplete game but it really took me awhile to really get use to Nero's combos and especially his use of Exceed. I felt Exceed was waaaay too slow in performance for a DMC game and if they're gonna bring Nero back they need to make some serious improvements on the Exceed or get rid of it and replace it with something better. The Devil Bringer moves were a nice addition though I'll admit and we definitely need to see some new Buster moves in the next game. As for Vergil...I kinda agree he's had his time. It might be best to just have him in his own spin-off game than an actual DMC title imo. And the idea about 2 discs? Sorry I think it's rather stupid. It didn't work in DMC 2 and it won't work in DMC 5 even if they do differ, I'd rather have one disc using multiple characters. And it would be cool for DMC 5 if Sparda becomes an unlockable character and I definitely agree his history needs to be explored and explained more as well as Dante and Nero's.

If DMC2 was a better game, the two disk thing would've worked fine.

I didn't like Dante in DMC4. He was one-dimensional and bugged the everloving crap out of me. I liked Nero a lot better. But, that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom