• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Premium supporter of Staff Member

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
The title should be "Premium Supporter or...".
How can I become a Premium Supporter or Staff Member? Do I need to pay or something?:huh:

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
To become a premium supporter you have to pay £1/month, £10/year or £16/lifetime(20 years) from here

To become a staff member, you have to have shown responsibility, reliability, and the other "good stuff", along with being helpful to the community. When the admins deem it necessary to have a new mod, they will contact whoever they see fit, and offer them the position. In my year and a half here, only 2 new members of staff have been elected.

I also believe that your sig is over the boundaries found here

Hope that helps.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ What Vaux said just about sums it up nicely, to become a supporter, just follow the link that Vaux posted and, if you so wish, donate to the site and you'll get your shiny new rank. :D

And in regards to becoming a staff member, again, Vaux got it pretty much on the dot, you have to have a history of responsibility and have to have shown yourself as a trustworthy member of the forums for a substaintial length of time, and even then, it's a rare occurence that new staff are picked, simply because there isn't really a need for any more now, or in the forseeable future, though this is at a best guess and I can't really speak for the Admins.

Well addressed Vaux, +rep.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I should probably say that you don't pay to become a staff member. Unless you want to pay £20,000 to Steve and Sharron, as a bribe, which still might not guarantee you the job.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
That too, staff member status is something you have to work for rather than pay for, though I'm not too sure on the Admin policy for bribery, I'll have to ask the next time I get a chance. :lol:

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Angelo Credo;171287 said:
That too, staff member status is something you have to work for rather than pay for, though I'm not too sure on the Admin policy for bribery, I'll have to ask the next time I get a chance. :lol:

I said that they would take the £20,000 but it wouldn't be 100%. I'm sure that they wouldn't turn it down.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Mmmmmm...bribery... *drools*

Ahem - yeah, we're not looking for staff at the moment or in the forseeable future as Angelo Credo said, but we do keep an eye on people to see how they get on with the day-to-day posting activities and so on. That way we can separate the ass-kissers from the genuinely helpful when the time comes to consider new staff.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Vauxchen-kun;171275 said:
To become a premium supporter you have to pay £1/month, £10/year or £16/lifetime(20 years) from here

To become a staff member, you have to have shown responsibility, reliability, and the other "good stuff", along with being helpful to the community. When the admins deem it necessary to have a new mod, they will contact whoever they see fit, and offer them the position. In my year and a half here, only 2 new members of staff have been elected.

I also believe that your sig is over the boundaries found here

Hope that helps.
Here's a cookie, Vauxchen-kun.:p

aka958

Don't trust people
Ass kisser? you mean like a person who is polishing an apple for you just cause that you will give a higher evaluation of them?

im not good in English either so what does genuinely mean?

And to not go so far to off topic i say that i find it personally that you shouldn't be nice 3-4 years in a forum just to get the position of staff member. That would be a waste o_O

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Angel;171330 said:
Mmmmmm...bribery... *drools*

Ahem - yeah, we're not looking for staff at the moment or in the forseeable future as Angelo Credo said, but we do keep an eye on people to see how they get on with the day-to-day posting activities and so on. That way we can separate the ass-kissers from the genuinely helpful when the time comes to consider new staff.

Don't forget me though.
I'm as reliable as they come.

One day, I'll be mod though.

Ahem, but, yeah like everyone else said I guess.....I got nothing else to say though....

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
aka958;171357 said:
Ass kisser? you mean like a person who is polishing an apple for you just cause that you will give a higher evaluation of them?

im not good in English either so what does genuinely mean?

And to not go so far to off topic i say that i find it personally that you shouldn't be nice 3-4 years in a forum just to get the position of staff member. That would be a waste o_O

Yes, that's what they mean. When they say "Hey! Look at me, I'm doing a good job, can I have the position please?" Whereas Keaton and AC got the job by going "You need help? Sure here it is" Constantly for months.

And just because you ARE nice for 3-4 years doesn't guarantee you the job.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
I didn't said that I want that position, I was just curious about that. There are many on the forums that gives help more than I do and they aren't staff members.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Slayer_of_Darkness13;171390 said:
I didn't said that I want that position, I was just curious about that. There are many on the forums that gives help more than I do and they aren't staff members.

You're still fairly new here. I asked questions like you do now. It's all part of joining the community, and as I know how it feels, I try to answer questions that I know.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Be helpful if it's in your nature. Never set your mind to one thing, and act all kind and pleasant in order to make everybody think you are the good one. Be yourself, and if that's naturally nice enough then you may get a Mod position; but that's not for sure. At the end of the day it all depends on what the Admins require. When they feel new Staff are needed, they make the choice. Not a lot you can do to persuade them, it's up to them entirely.

As a Supporter, you have to pay. As Vauxchen already noted the payment amounts, and showed links; nice work may I add.

I was going to add something else, but it went from my mind. Ah, not to worry XD

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Esura;171374 said:
Don't forget me though.
I'm as reliable as they come.

One day, I'll be mod though.

Ahem, but, yeah like everyone else said I guess.....I got nothing else to say though....
I'll never be a moderator here, because I'm too much of a jack ass!

Can I has boobz?

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
-B.(o).C-®;171491 said:
I'll never be a moderator here, because I'm too much of a jack ass!

Can I has boobz?

We both might one day.

Whenever Capcom gets off their ass and like, annouce a new DMC game, this forum will be packed and the mods would need help to maintain law and order. We'd prolly be considered.....I hope. I havent been mod for years.... I'm so sad.

Time to go play Mirror's Edge.
Peace brothas and sistas.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
shadow master;171889 said:
um wtas a suppoter :huh:

A supporter is a member of the community that has paid an amount of money specified earlier in the thread to help run the site. This also gets them some extras like an extra bar, arcade, bigger avatar space, ability to delete your own posts and more. The premium button at the top is where you can get this.

Top Bottom