• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Predictions for DMC4 new content in the SE version

what would you want in DMC4 SE

• Total voters

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
With the announcement of DMC4 SE, my first thought was that it would potentially clear up a few of the plot holes that the game introduced to the series. I assume they would do so through new content mostly related to story But I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of new gameplay tweaks as well. I wanted to set up a thread to discuss the possibilities mostly cause I am pretty excited about this and also because I'm pretty bored of being stuck in my room studying for an exam.

Vergil
It's pretty much confirmed that the extra stuff is gonna focus primarily on vergil and hopefull probably clear up the questions we have about his baby making abilities. The way I would like them to do this would be to introduce a whole new campaign for vergil himself with new cutscenes, settings and preferably new characters (most probably another boobilicious female), but understandably based on the same engine. I do believe and hope they will use a different character model for verg, instead of just using one of the previous ones.

Existing game
The game itself is probably gonna get the same treatment that DmC got. Things like increased frames per second, more game modes, tweaked gameplay. I would like to get more weapons for nero and possibly a campaign for dante where he fights new bosses and enemies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Welp @rocketvergil you already summarized everything I want :D I never encountered single bug and had no problem with gameplay. So I vote Vergil. (hope he gets his own small story :D)

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I predict that it's going to be similar to DMC3 SE. Vergil will be added as a playable character (probably as a replacement for Dante in Dante's levels). That said, it is possible that five or so new missions will be added, which detail what exactly is going on with Nero and Vergil's relationship. It's most likely not going to be much, though.
I certainly hope Vergil's model isn't just a reskinned Dante with his hair swept up -- I don't think it would make sense for Vergil to look exactly like Dante after all this time, even though they're twins. Vergil's face should be a bit more gaunt or he should simply be more 'lean' in general... for the non-English-speakers, thinner than Dante.

As for what I want... that's not this thread's topic, I guess. Besides, I've already said everything in the thread about DMC4 SE's announcement.

rocketvergil

I predict that it's going to be similar to DMC3 SE. Vergil will be added as a playable character (probably as a replacement for Dante in Dante's levels). That said, it is possible that five or so new missions will be added, which detail what exactly is going on with Nero and Vergil's relationship. It's most likely not going to be much, though.
I certainly hope Vergil's model isn't just a reskinned Dante with his hair swept up -- I don't think it would make sense for Vergil to look exactly like Dante after all this time, even though they're twins. Vergil's face should be a bit more gaunt or he should simply be more 'lean' in general... for the non-English-speakers, thinner than Dante.

As for what I want... that's not this thread's topic, I guess. Besides, I've already said everything in the thread about DMC4 SE's announcement.
oh come on.don't leave us in suspense ........ tell us what you want.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok, here's what I want and expect:
- a small story dedicated to Vergil, completed with cutscenes starring Dan Soutworth (I don't care, he IS Vergil, I don't want anyone else), with him as a playable character of course
- new weapons for Vergil and Nero
- new character model for Vergil, made from scratch
- a goddamn PC version

About the first point, it's true that DMC cutscenes are pretty expensive to make, but if they stick to a reasonable amount, I think it's not out of question. Also, I believe they started this DMC4 SE project quite a while ago, so they probably had more time to work on it compared to DMC3.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
oh come on.don't leave us in suspense ........ tell us what you want.
- About ten new missions made specifically for Vergil. These missions will come after the main story, and should explain Nero's relation to Vergil (even if Nero might have been simply created by a scientist at Vergil's request or something). Dante could make an appearance too.

- He now wields a new weapon (maybe a straight katana, called a chokuto). Maybe he'll also take the Sparda sword from Dante, which will be usable. He'll also have his old DMC3 moveset plus new combos. He will have styles like Dante, but possibly not as many. He should be able to block and counter in any style with his chokuto. Royal Guard could be nice too.

- Vergil's normal Devil Trigger would look like a less anime-ish, more demonic evolution of his DMC3 DT. Of course, it should look similar to DMC4 Dante's DT.

- His costumes should be: coatless, Vante, and corrupt Vergil (Sparda). His Sparda costume should have Nero Angelo as its Devil Trigger, or it should be choosable.

- Dante should have his DMC1 and DMC2 outfits.

- Nero now has a Dark Knight costume: black with maybe some white underneath, and gold details. He's also got Vergil's coat, which he could wear over his normal vest.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much it. Of course, you should also be allowed to use him in Bloody Palace. Maybe a new mechanic should be used: maybe Vergil can slash through space to arrive at a different platform with different enemies.
It could be soooo nice.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All i want is god must.die mode off.pc and turbo mode of pc on console versions , as well as a few new missions with a different path to hq before he meets.nero for their second fight. I also want vergil for the min campaign and bloody palace.

what i predict is that it will be a remake of the campaign for vergil with a few unique parts and cutscenes specifically for him and some new tweaks and game.modes such as LDK mode on console

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Oh, and I totally forgot that Nero should have those styles and weapons he was supposed to have. I heard the basics of those weapons were already in the DMC4 code, so it shouldn't be hard to add.

Gray Knight

Okay, PC version of super costume for Nero (Max-act auto), an order of the sword costume for Nero (something like Credo's outfit but I'd add the hood that everyone from Fortuna seems to wear), a shirtless Nero costume (not for the fan service but to see where the devil bringer starts on his body in a 3D model instead of just concept art). They can alter devil Triggers via costumes so I'd like to see a super costume that transforms his own body (kind of like Dante's DT but he'd still keep his specter)

Short Vergil campaign like everyone else is mentioning (I'd prefer a prequel campaign instead of something that revives him, that or a what if campaign, like what if Vergil won at the end of DMC3 and Dante was sent to hell instead)

I hear many people complain about removed moves from Dante compared to DMC3 so add a few of those back to his move set if possible.

Add an extra upgrade to the "Speed" move to either let it activate quicker or go faster call it "High Speed" or something.

Must Style Mode would be fun addition so if they could add that too it would be great.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Devil May Cry 4 already had bewbs and better gameplay, revamping those seems kinda pointless, but I wouldn't say no to being able to play as Gloria, Trish and Lady with motion controller boob physics.

Knowing Capcom this is probably just gonna be some extra costumes, some Vergil content and not much else.

Dominus

I'm assuming for Nero they would make his styles switch up his devil bringer ( i remember some youtuber mentioned that), so that won't be hard to add, and then give him a yamato move set with the exceed doing something different for yamato.

I'm really hoping for a Vergil epilogue campaign, but I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing..

Gray Knight

After beating Sanctus I'd like one cutscene to be edited. Nero destroyed The False Savior's face with the uber large devil Bringer. I kind of wish that if I entered that cutscene in Devil Bringer it would show the full Yamato Spectre along with the giant arm. It might be hard to get the lighting right but it would be cool to see a Yamato Avatar the size of, if not bigger than the Savior just crushing it's face.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Existing game
The game itself is probably gonna get the same treatment that DmC got. Things like increased frames per second, more game modes, tweaked gameplay. I would like to get more weapons for nero and possibly a campaign for dante where he fights new bosses and enemies.

Not sure about FPS, DMC4 has excellent framerate (60 FPS) while still having better graphics than most far newer games and working seamlessly on my relatively old configuration. Couldn't ask for more. What I would like is more moves and weapons for Nero, particularly the ability to use Yamato outside the Devil Bringer. I'd also like Yamato to be treated like a "standard" weapon, like Red Queen, Rebellion or Gilgamesh - that is, it isn't just usable in several moves in a special style, but rather can be switched to and used with full moveset for all styles.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What I want:
  • Better story and better character development.
  • Fix the ****ing camera. seriously.
  • some new weapons
  • playable Lady and Trish
  • That dragon DT for Dante

What I predict:
  • slicker framerates
  • turbo mode
  • Maybe a cutscene or two for Vergil, maybe not.
  • Vergil with a few new weapons of his own
  • better graphics
  • Japanese voices

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

Devil_May_Cry_4_Artbook_p96.jpg

This one. It's a damn shame we never got this in the game proper, but considering its design I believe it might have been a concept for a DDT, similar to the one from DMC2.

rocketvergil

What I want:
  • Better story and better character development.
  • Fix the ****ing camera. seriously.
  • some new weapons
  • playable Lady and Trish
  • That dragon DT for Dante

What I predict:
  • slicker framerates
  • turbo mode
  • Maybe a cutscene or two for Vergil, maybe not.
  • Vergil with a few new weapons of his own
  • better graphics
  • Japanese voices
Good point there about the dragon DT. I felt they cut out really good stuff from the concept arts. I remember one of Nero's concepts depicting him as a posh guy in really smart aristrocratic clothes. I would love to see that version of nero in the game

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
You know that's the DT who makes Dante to go bersek, don't you?

Top Bottom