• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Potential Leak] Devil May Cry V

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Dunno, that would be a year off.

Yeah, it would be a bit of a stretch.

Was DmC announced in 2011? Is that maybe what he's talking about? Also, is turkey slang? You know, calling someone a turkey is pretty turkey in it of itself. It's a pretty outdated idiom. It could be a metaphor rather than slang, just saying turkey as generally something he'd eat, could've just as easily been chicken. So, not an idiom.

It was tokyo game show 2010. Could be slang. But either if it's slang or a metaphor, DmC would be the only thing DMC-related I can think of that would be something to recover from. But didn't he do dmc 4-commercials with Reuben in tokyo some years ago for something? I think I remember something like that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It was tokyo game show 2010. Could be slang. But either if it's slang or a metaphor, DmC would be the only thing DMC-related I can think of that would be something to recover from. But didn't he do dmc 4-commercials with Reuben in tokyo some years ago for something? I think I remember something like that.
He did a live action commercial and the pachinko cutscenes but neither is anywhere near this 6 year point. One’s too old the other too young.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I actually went on Urban Dictionary to look up relevant uses of the term Turkey. The one that makes the most sense is what is called a turkey or a turkey high-five or a turkey sub; it's when one participant in a high-five changes their open palm into a thumbs-up last second, making what looks like a turkey out of the two hands. So... it keeps up the "Five" theme, but pleeeease don't tell me the 6 in "6 years ago" refers to June 2018, ya know, E3 2018.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT look up "turkey dinner" on Urban Dictionary. I plead you.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I actually went on Urban Dictionary to look up relevant uses of the term Turkey. The one that makes the most sense is what is called a turkey or a turkey high-five or a turkey sub; it's when one participant in a high-five changes their open palm into a thumbs-up last second, making what looks like a turkey out of the two hands. So... it keeps up the "Five" theme, but pleeeease don't tell me the 6 in "6 years ago" refers to June 2018, ya know, E3 2018.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT look up "turkey dinner" on Urban Dictionary. I plead you.
Ok, now we’re slipping into some tinfoil conspiracy stuff.

You´re reading way too much into it. I’m sure it’s way less complicated than all that. Then again, he did post on a Thursday and Thursday in Spanish is Jueves, which is named after Jupiter, and not only is Jueves spelled with a V, it’s the 5th planet from the sun. It all lines up!!!!

TonyRedgraveDMC

Ok, now we’re slipping into some tinfoil conspiracy stuff.

You´re reading way too much into it. I’m sure it’s way less complicated than all that. Then again, he did post on a Thursday and Thursday in Spanish is Jueves, which is named after Jupiter, and not only is Jueves spelled with a V, it’s the 5th planet from the sun. It all lines up!!!!
Lol Whose side are you on? XD Do you want a tinfoil hat or don't you? Lol and most people consider Sunday to be the first day in a 7-day week, so Thursday is the FIFTH day of the week lol

berto

I Saw the Devil
most people consider Sunday to be the first day in a 7-day week, so Thursday is the FIFTH day of the week lol
Not in Japan, though. But then again, it was Johnny who posted that, not one of the Japanese developers, and turkey day, also known as Thanksgiving, always falls on a Thursday, so maybe...

TonyRedgraveDMC

Well, considering VAs (esp Reuben Langdon, from what I recall) are bound by contract not to give away projects, the fact they're even teasing seems to suggest they've been given the "go-ahead" by the higher-ups to make dumb, cryptic clues or cruel jokes, meaning there at least IS something, and it will be revealed soon *enough* that stuff like this isn't in bad taste this soon.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
and it will be revealed soon *enough* that stuff like this isn't in bad taste this soon.

Well, even assuming there's no DMC5 on the horizon, stuff like this has nothing to do with bad taste. These guys would have been doing nothing wrong, it would literally be just us fans misinterpreting, building castles in the air and making crazy, far fetched theories off of anything that even remotely looks DMC related. It's been like this for a few years now.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I find it hard to believe that, regardless of whether there was DMC5 to actually comment on or not, that JYB *didn't* intend to poke fun at fans. Though I am confident now that we may very well see something at E3, biggest let down is if Itsuno truly doesn't announce anything this year, when he said he would. When Jan 01 rolls around, I'll be let down.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I find it hard to believe that, regardless of whether there was DMC5 to actually comment on or not, that JYB *didn't* intend to poke fun at fans.

You actually believe that 5:05 post indeed means Sons of Sparda instead of it just being a regular, mundane post that we fans couldn't resist wildly speculating on, like we did countless times in the past already? Even IF there's no DMC5 at the horizon? :bored:

...Well, I guess I can't argue with that, more power to you. I would certainly be amused if DMC5 is announced, thinking back on this, that's for sure. LOL

TonyRedgraveDMC

The turkey, Thursday stuff is definitely desperation, but I feel 5:05 and PRO probably do mean something. Not to mention Reuben Langdon's joining in about the HD HD Collection, and I believe Nolan North's joke earlier in the year I think are free-game due to them being given the okay to tease, because it's real and on the horizon.

Top Bottom