• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Positive Features From DmC To Be Used In DMC5 And Vice Versa

Should DmC2 Be Moved To Handhelds?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's not necessary.

If i am going to play a "What dmc should have", i can use common sense to map out what could be good for dmc.
Or i can use other games to point out what dmc5 should have.

You can't say what's good for DmC when you never even played it. You are the biased stubborn fan who condemned it from day 1.

We all know you hate DmC, just stop trying to critique it and talk sh!t about it when we all know you've never tried it out for yourself because you're not contributing anything.

You talk so much but say absolutely nothing.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So all the upbeat and combat music. I suppose I should've also mentioned that. I think I'm the one not been good at saying what I'm trying to say.

You know how Silent Hill is always looked on as having some of the best music in the industry? Specially the first 4 games. It's some of the critically and fan praised music ever produced for a game series, and rightly so. Most of the music in Silent Hill is unique and outstanding, whether it be a song used in the marketing a lot, or a short piece you only hear once for a few seconds and never again. That's what I'd call a memorable soundtrack, not just the music you play during the action sequences or combat but everything else, too.

DMC1 had a lot of great music that really added ambiance to the game and it wasn't just during the fighting or the action, it was through out the whole game. It had a personality. I can remember most of the music on the stages in DMC1 whether I'm fighting or just exploring but I can't say the same for any of the other games; I can't remember what was playing on the streets of stage 2 in DMC3, can't remember what the music in the jungle, the castle, or the streets of Fortuna was when I was running around in DMC4 and I can't remember what the music was like when I was walking through any of the corridors or streets in DmC. It was there, I know that much, and I remember most of the beginning of those pieces but I can't really remember what the music was like.

Oh, okay, now I get what you mean.

But again, that's all on personal preference. What you may not remember, others will easily. I get it though, some of the music after DMC1 was forgettable, but vice versa to you, I don't remember any of the tracks of DMC1 besides Lock n' load and Sparda's theme.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
The only reason why the battle music tracks in the old games were memorable is because they were overplayed.

Glad DmC put musical variety in it! :D

Because I'm sick and tired of the game attacking an enemy I didn't intent to attack or actually turning Dante around and slamming the enemy behind me instead of the one I was facing. That frustration is one of the reasons I returned that game.

Well, I'm telling you that if you press the stick towards the enemy you want to attack what you're describing will not happen. So, the lock on is on the stick, you have to keep pressing the direction of the enemy throughout the combo.

The best thing about lock on in any 3rd person game is that it centers the camera, and well DmC has the most controllable camera in the whole franchise, so you can use toggle lock on with the gun, you can center the camera on the enemy you want to take out, this really isn't any different than DMC4, watch every video of even the best players, they stinger an enemy into a corner and than do there combos, its always been this way except DmC lets you do it without having little circle on the enemy you're trying to focus on.

You know what I'll do a video to debunk all this misconceptions about how DmC's lock on works, there's a reason why he homes in on an enemy if you don't press the stick in any direction, it's used for some fun inertia time gun moves and weird combo properties.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I'm telling you that if you press the stick towards the enemy you want to attack what you're describing will not happen. So, the lock on is on the stick, you have to keep pressing the direction of the enemy throughout the combo.

Or I could get a lock on. Why am I having to defend my want for options? If you don't want it you don't have to use it, I want it, I rely on it, why shouldn't I? Combat is not so simple that you only need to keep the stick at the direction of the target you want, sometimes you want to move to one side, dodge to the other, or jump back for what ever reason and still focus on that guy.

they stinger an enemy into a corner and than do there combos,

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that, how awkward that whole forward forward thing for the stinger. That sucks and it's awkward and it's not reliable anymore.

IncarnatedDemon

You can't say what's good for DmC when you never even played it. You are the biased stubborn fan who condemned it from day 1.

We all know you hate DmC, just stop trying to critique it and talk sh!t about it when we all know you've never tried it out for yourself because you're not contributing anything.

You talk so much but say absolutely nothing.
This is the fifth or whatever time you say i haven't played DmC. And for some reason people think your word is the truth.
I have played the game.
So do not say that i haven't played the game again, because i have tolerated your bs accusation far more than i should have.

Now as for dmc5, i dont think i or anyone else should look at DmC to improve dmc5.

DmC rebooted a loved character, alienated fanbase and on top of that it failed to deliver sales and expectations wise. And what's worse? It even attempted to replace original serie, a indication of this is Playstation AllStar replacement and the DLC skins.

So you'll have to excuse me if it's to much to ask, to keep reboot away from original.
I don't want DmC to be a influence of the sequel.
The fans shall be the influence, and so far fans suggest good story and gameplay. And many of fans will have suggestions as how to improve the gameplay from dmc4.
This is just another of those threads that was created with intent to make the reboot look good by putting the original serie in a position where "it should learn from reboot".
No...original serie should improve based on loyal fans input.
And if there's a game that's better than reboot that dmc4 could learn from it is Bayonetta.
But i don't see anyone making such threads now do i?

As for bias chancey, you seem to think your so righteous? Tell me, do you realize that YOU and Unknown are two of the most biased people on this forum?
If i make a comment that has a slight negative tone towards reboot, both of you usually reply to me to defend the honor of the reboot.
So either your blind or your consciously aware this thread made by Unknown is a thread made to make reboot look good.
So before you lecture me about bias, you better sit down yourself.

Even when i am discussing or arguing with someone other than you or Unknown, you two read the conversation and have left a comment like "Dont bother with this person, she wont listen".
Decency and objective scope, are you so big of a fool that you think people don't realize your full of bias?
Don't misunderstand me, and i really mean what i just said...
i am not saying i am not biased or dispusting you.
I am simply telling "Your biased as f'**'''', so what makes you so much better than me?".

But whatever, keep on playing this game of "Be grateful for reboot" and "How can dmc5 that was supposed to be released but reboot replaced it, learn from the reboot?".

I think there are good things in the reboot. But if you zoom out to get the whole picture you will realize:
Reboot is a inferior version of past games with a new paint job.
And just for records...the story is pretentious as ****.

DragonMaster2010

Or I could get a lock on. Why am I having to defend my want for options? If you don't want it you don't have to use it, I want it, I rely on it, why shouldn't I? Combat is not so simple that you only need to keep the stick at the direction of the target you want, sometimes you want to move to one side, dodge to the other, or jump back for what ever reason and still focus on that guy.

That's what the directional button is for.

This is the fifth or whatever time you say i haven't played DmC. And for some reason people think your word is the truth.
I have played the game.
So do not say that i haven't played the game again, because i have tolerated your bs accusation far more than i should have.

Now as for dmc5, i dont think i or anyone else should look at DmC to improve dmc5.

Time for another segment of;
let-me-tell-you-why-thats-bullshit1.jpg

DmC rebooted a loved character, alienated fanbase and on top of that it failed to deliver sales and expectations wise. And what's worse? It even attempted to replace original serie, a indication of this is Playstation AllStar replacement and the DLC skins.

And because of this nothing of DmC will be in a possible DMC5? First o fall, that kind of thought process is fickle because DMC has used a few mechanics from DMC2 to make DMC3 a good game as it is despite the fact DMC2 is a game Capcom is willing to ignore forever. That's what the DMC franchise does; they use past games to improve their next game.
So you'll have to excuse me if it's to much to ask, to keep reboot away from original.
I don't want DmC to be a influence of the sequel.

So just becuase you say so, I can't have a DmC2? How pretentious of you.

The fans shall be the influence, and so far fans suggest good story and gameplay. And many of fans will have suggestions as how to improve the gameplay from dmc4.
This is just another of those threads that was created with intent to make the reboot look good by putting the original serie in a position where "it should learn from reboot".

Oh here we go. Now here comes that inner annoyance once again. Seriously, you gotta stop this because its always gonna end in a fight.

No...original serie should improve based on loyal fans input.
And if there's a game that's better than reboot that dmc4 could learn from it is Bayonetta.
But i don't see anyone making such threads now do i?

Then go make a thread and stop whining about it here.

As for bias chancey, you seem to think your so righteous? Tell me, do you realize that YOU and Unknown are two of the most biased people on this forum?

You included.

If i make a comment that has a slight negative tone towards reboot, both of you usually reply to me to defend the honor of the reboot.

Every time there's a thread that talks positive about DmC, you attack it and start another fight with some pretentious way of typing your words.

So either your blind or your consciously aware this thread made by Unknown is a thread made to make reboot look good.
So before you lecture me about bias, you better sit down yourself.

And you sit right along with him, because you have no right to talk.

Even when i am discussing or arguing with someone other than you or Unknown, you two read the conversation and have left a comment like "Dont bother with this person, she wont listen".
one+raised+eyebrow.gif

Decency and objective scope, are you so big of a fool that you think people don't realize your full of bias?
Don't misunderstand me, and i really mean what i just said...
i am not saying i am not biased or dispusting you.

Oh really now?
really.gif

I am simply telling "Your biased as f'**'''', so what makes you so much better than me?".
But whatever, keep on playing this game of "Be grateful for reboot" and "How can dmc5 that was supposed to be released but reboot replaced it, learn from the reboot?".

I think there are good things in the reboot. But if you zoom out to get the whole picture you will realize:
Reboot is a inferior version of past games with a new paint job.

Again;
let-me-tell-you-why-thats-bullshit1.jpg

Its obvious you hate reboots simply because of this game and a few movies, bu there's some helpful advice to get you through that; Live in the past. Reboots happen, and sometimes we can either check it out or ignore it.

And better yet, there have been good reboots.
Batman-Begins-cover.jpg

MV5BMjMyOTM4MDMxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIyNzExOA@@._V1._SX640_SY949_.jpg

robocop-2014-remake.jpg

9ddfa02c0c0a603954aa57bbd1c75245.jpg

Devil_May_Cry_3_boxshot.jpg

And just for records...the story is pretentious as ****.

Too bad, I call DmC better then the other stories of DMC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Don't believe you. No one here really does. Everything you say about it is just usually parroting what other angry fanboys have already said. It's ok if you didn't play it. I'd just appreciate it if you just be honest because you seriously just contribute nothing to the topics.

I think we can all see also who's the pretentious one here.

Your grammar is cringe worthy and I'm pretty sure you don't know the meaning of quite a few words you used in that rant of yours.

Here's an idea, you hate the reboot so much then, just leave it alone. This thread was supposed to be talking about what good can be taken from both to make Devil May Cry even better. You're the first and only one here that just came in and basically went, "I hate everything DmC and it did nothing right. DMC is perfect as it is."

We get it, It's getting old.

DragonMaster2010

Here's an idea, you hate the reboot so much then, just leave it alone. This thread was supposed to be talking about what good can be taken from both to make Devil May Cry even better. You're the first and only one here that just came in and basically went, "I hate everything DmC and it did nothing right. DMC is perfect as it is."

We get it, It's getting old.

Um, actually no she didn't.

jv3xqc.jpg

1z2qcra.jpg

On a serious note, i would appreciate that DmC will not have any influence on a DMC5.

She didn't outright say she hated DmC yet. She actually just came in and said what she thought...THEN she went off on a tangent.

IncarnatedDemon

And because of this nothing of DmC will be in a possible DMC5? First o fall, that kind of thought process is fickle because DMC has used a few mechanics from DMC2 to make DMC3 a good game as it is despite the fact DMC2 is a game Capcom is willing to ignore forever. That's what the DMC franchise does; they use past games to improve their next game.
DMC5 can use 4, not DmC.

So just becuase you say so, I can't have a DmC2? How pretentious of you.
DMC5 is not DmC2 so when did you get that disoriented that you thin i have said you shouldn't get your sequel. I said just keep reboot away from the original serie.

Oh here we go. Now here comes that inner annoyance once again. Seriously, you gotta stop this because its always gonna end in a fight.
Mind your own business please.

Then go make a thread and stop whining about it here.
I wasn't whining, i simplied replied to chancey. Before people replied to me to defend reboots glory, i made a simple post. Go read it, see if its whining or not...

You included.
Have i said otherwise? But i am not one telling chancey "Your biased and stubborn and bla bla bla". He is, and hes biased himself.
But let me take a guess? Your defending your fellow reboot fan. Even though my reply to him has nothing to do with you. Its not you i have called bias, nor have i denied being biased.

Every time there's a thread that talks positive about DmC, you attack it and start another fight with some pretentious way of typing your words.
How did i attack it? I simply said i would rather not see reboot have any influence on dmc5, just like people would say they do not want Platinum Games to make DmC2.

And you sit right along with him, because you have no right to talk.
That would also apply to you wouldn't it? Your pretty biased as well. So shall i tell you "You have no right to talk"?
Though i dont get why your replying to me...

Oh really now?
Why are you meddling into something that has nothing to do with you? How is it of your concern if i tell chancey something that is obviously true. I said i am biased many times, so what the hell is your point with this comment?

Its obvious you hate reboots simply because of this game and a few movies, bu there's some helpful advice to get you through that; Live in the past. Reboots happen, and sometimes we can either check it out or ignore it.
I dont mind james bond reboot
i dont mind batman reboot
i dont mind tomb raider reboot
i dont mind thief reboot

Do i think rebooting is right approach to making a game , movie or story? NO.

And better yet, there have been good reboots.
You don't have a fundamental understanding of why i am saying rebooting is wrong approach. So you use that simple minded argument of "There have been good reboots".
Rebooting (the way company's practice it) is bad because it's lazy approach when you can't bother creating something new and unique.
But if a rebooted medium is good it does not mean rebooting is good or right, it simply means the people that were part of the team...put in a good effort and made the creation good.

Rebooting has zero percentage advantage over a new ip in being successful, assuming the developers do their best.
So if reboots ever were meant for something else than changing a serie to appeal to a new group, it certainly is not like that now.
Dmc reboot was done to appeal to westerns, and earn money as result of that.

Too bad, I call DmC better then the other stories of DMC.
You must be proud. A reboot that had a blueprint to help it makes a gameplay that already exists (and which was pretty much perfected, dmc3 and 4), with heavy emphasis on story (much MORE than past games)....is better than other stories.
Doesn't look like majority agrees with you though:
devilmaycry.org/community/threads/dmc-vs-dmc-1-story-vs-story.16858/
Aside from being a failure of a reboot, i guess it did succeed in one thing: catering to people like you who wanted a new character that you could relate to. Because anime weaboo Dante was not to your liking, you didnt see yourself in him.
Or he was to perfect, and you prefer a "I am in darkness and trouble" type of character.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Man, this whole thing has just gotten way old. I feel a little ashamed for letting myself get dragged in to this bs time and time again.

This is a franchise with a pretty spotty history and is undeniably flawed but, we're all still fans. Does it always have to degenerate in to DMC vs. DmC battles? It's all still Devil May Cry. DmC is still part of the Devil May Cry franchise and I'm just glad I had another fun game to play in one of my favorite franchises. *sigh*

I'm sorry guys. I try not to sound like a jerk. I've just been going through some crap and it probably sometimes shows through my post when dealing with more silly crap. It's not really an excuse so I apologize.

I just want to be able to talk about some cool video games with like minded people without always being under constant attack because I actually enjoy something I know more people dislike. I'm cool with debating and having easy discussions about our different opinions but man, it's always just escalating in to fights. I think we can all just step back and take a chill pill.

The admins might as well just change their title to babysitters with the way this forum tends to act.

How about dem biscuits?

(For some reason Angel has now got me thinking about biscuits every time I get on this forum)

DragonMaster2010

DMC5 can use 4, not DmC.

DMC5 can't only survive on DMC4 forever. Capcom always uses their last games ideas for their next games.

DMC5 is not DmC2 so when did you get that disoriented that you thin i have said you shouldn't get your sequel. I said just keep reboot away from the original serie.
So I guess the comment "I don't want DmC to be a influence to a sequel" is the same as what you're saying now.

Mind your own business please.

You can't seem to do that yourself. I understand saying your opinion, but there's a difference between saying it, and then ranting off why you hate it.

I wasn't whining, i simplied replied to chancey. Before people replied to me to defend reboots glory, i made a simple post. Go read it, see if its whining or not...

Dude, you go on to pretty much say DmC is nothing at all compared to DMC and will not have anything to do with DMC5, when I calmly said you were wrong, to which you're getting all upset.

Have i said otherwise? But i am not one telling chancey "Your biased and stubborn and bla bla bla". He is, and hes biased himself.

So ignore him and move on.

But let me take a guess? Your defending your fellow reboot fan. Even though my reply to him has nothing to do with you. Its not you i have called bias, nor have i denied being biased.

My fellow reboot fans? Oh, I see now. You're acting very immature right now.

How did i attack it? I simply said i would rather not see reboot have any influence on dmc5, just like people would say they do not want Platinum Games to make DmC2.

That would also apply to you wo--

And you know what, I'm ending this right here. I'm sick of you always getting like this. Something positive is said about DmC, you say it doesn't deserve it just because you hate it and then the fighting starts.

It's annoying to have to go through this routine everytime you and Chancey, and Uknown are in the same thread. There's always a fight and it never gets better.

So one of you needs to grow a pair and start maturing, or for God sakes, don't any of you bother coming back at all.

I'm done with this thread. It was going so good, till you three f*cked it up.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.
tumblr_inline_mok6ymggLJ1qz4rgp.gif

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that, how awkward that whole forward forward thing for the stinger. That sucks and it's awkward and it's not reliable anymore.
What I'm trying to tell you is that THERE Is lock ON and its more fluid than the DMC4, you just have to center the camera on the target, and even in the old ones you had to move the stick around while you're locked on, so I don't know what exactly you're talking about. Just because there isn't a reticule doesn't mean there isn't lock on. The reason the camera keeps circling is to prevent people from abusing the camera to avoid fighting enemies.

Look, everyone complains about the damn harpies and cherubs in the air, they're supposed to be annoying, whether you had a reticule or not would not make them any easier. The harpies and cherubs are supposed to be like the flying swords in DMC4, they're supposed to flock together and try to mix it up. The cherubs deliberately spin around to get into the middle of enemies. This is just like if you used lock on on the swords in dmc4, you'd get murdered because they would take advantage of the player by moving too fast and screwing up your camera thereby leaving you open from attacks from the other swords.

The trick is to use the sound effects to dodge/demonpull/angelpull/and attack or use the shotgun or various AOE attacks to fight these enemies just like the swords in DMC4.

As for stinger, I don't even understand this complaint. It's forward forward, what's so awkward about it.

Lastly, I'd like to stress that I like DmC because of the gameplay and not because I prefer this dante over the old one or whatever, I wouldn't mind wherever the story went in the end, its the gameplay that keeps me coming back.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What I'm trying to tell you is that THERE Is lock ON and its more fluid than the DMC4, you just have to center the camera on the target, and even in the old ones you had to move the stick around while you're locked on, so I don't know what exactly you're talking about. Just because there isn't a reticule doesn't mean there isn't lock on. The reason the camera keeps circling is to prevent people from abusing the camera to avoid fighting enemies.
Yeah but it's not one that will allow me to keep track of the one enemy that I want if I somehow end up across the room or if I loose him in the crowd of identical enemies. The lock on isn't just there to center the camera, it's there to prioritize an enemy over the rest and if that doesn't seem like something that matters in combat then I can't continue this discussion. I'm sure at this point you feel the same let's just end it here and agree to disagree.

Lastly, I'd like to stress that I like DmC because of the gameplay and not because I prefer this dante over the old one or whatever, I wouldn't mind wherever the story went in the end, its the gameplay that keeps me coming back.

Great, you got your moneys worth.

Edit:Regarding that whole wall of text on this page. DmC will influence a potential DMC5 just like DMC4 did with DmC, to think otherwise would be kinda naive. Capcom spent a lot of effort making the gameplay in DmC and they are not going to let the advancements they made go to waste.

Also? Casino Royal is not a reboot, it never was, it was a prequel.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Also? Casino Royal is not a reboot, it never was, it was a prequel.

We get a new Bond every few years and none of them are actually connected.

Casino Royale does indeed have kind of a rookie James Bond but, that doesn't mean that it was somehow a prequel for any other Bonds. It's still its own thing. Casino Royale was pretty much the first Bond film to actually be based on the original novels.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Still doesn't make it a reboot. If that were the case every alternate Bond actor would signal reboot. They might not have concrete chronology, though I'm sure Bond fans have one, but my point is it's not a reboot. I know that people have used it as a go to for arguing on behave of reboots everywhere but it's not quite appropriate.

Yeah but it's not one that will allow me to keep track of the one enemy that I want if I somehow end up across the room or if I loose him in the crowd of identical enemies. The lock on isn't just there to center the camera, it's there to prioritize an enemy over the rest and if that doesn't seem like something that matters in combat then I can't continue this discussion. I'm sure at this point you feel the same let's just end it here and agree to disagree.

I'm still willing to understand, its not that I have problem with lock on or any mechanic, but I'm still not seeing the exact reason you would need something like that in DmC. In order to focus on one target you always have isolated them in DMC games by manipulating the camera or spamming stinger till the enemy is a corner, and this is something you can do very easily in DmC as well.

Can you give me a specific example/video of what you think you can't do in DmC that you could do in the other DMC games specifically pertaining to lock on? As far I can remember, the lock on in DMC4 was pretty awful, you couldn't even toggle targets while moving. So, you literally had to tap lock on + a direction to focus on an enemy, something you can do in DmC just the same.

Btw, a few things, since DmC is more about air combat, I can't stress enough how much calibur is your lock on move, it will 98% of the time hit the target you want to focus on. Also, you can use aquilas round trip to keep focused on an enemy, once an enemy is round triped, the game gives priority to that enemy if you target an attack in their general direction, so its an aggressive lock on.

Top Bottom