• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Positive Features From DmC To Be Used In DMC5 And Vice Versa

Should DmC2 Be Moved To Handhelds?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Combat in DmC not fluid? I'd like ya to watch this, DmC has a fantastic combat system, and the styles are all there, they're not just called styles anymore, you have access to about 90% of the stuff from DMC3 and 4. The only thing missing is Twosome time, which I hope they bring back.

Sorry I kinda confused you there.
What I mean by "not fluid" is air time. In DmC. It's like you're just standing in some invisible platform whenever you're in the air doing combos. I do like the DmC Combo mechanics. It's just the air time really bugs the crap out of me.
Yep. .twosome time is definitely missing in DmC :/

Oh and I've watched the your vid man. Already subscribed on your channel for a month now . Keep on updating posting man :D

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Combat in DmC not fluid? I'd like ya to watch this, DmC has a fantastic combat system, and the styles are all there, they're not just called styles anymore, you have access to about 90% of the stuff from DMC3 and 4. The only thing missing is Twosome time, which I hope they bring back.

Not all of the styles.

Sword Master in DMC3/4 were just extra moves to your melee weapons and when Rebellion's moveset is dispersed to other weapons (Prop and Shredder to Osiris and Round Trip to Aquila) its hard to gauge if Sword Master is still there if the former style button is a launch button (which was sectioned as a command utilizing the basic attack button) and the fact that each weapon in DmC has the same amount of moves a weapon in DMC3/4 may have if you count out SM exclusive moves.

Yeah Trickster is there (minus Wall Running from DMC3 and Flipper/Mustang from DMC4).

Gunslinger is obviously there as the Gun Specials but you only possess one special (E&I's case 2) and even the Shotgun is missing some of its Gunslinger tricks such as Gunstinger, Point Blank, and BackSlide.

You have access to 90% of the stuff from DMC4.

Out of all the Devil May Cry games, DMC3 has the most content combat/movepool wise (DMC4 contains 2/3 of what DMC3 has.....Dante wise and DMC3 has double of what DmC is capable) and other aspects of DMC3's combat is completely absent (body surfing, wild stomp, crazy combos, and DT exclusive moves, something DMC1 and DMC2 also had, while DMC4 had DT charged moves not the same thing).

Also, when you say 90% of the stuff are you referring to that on a basic level cause DMC3/4 as well as DmC possess weapons and moves unique to each other such as Osiris (although it possess moves in past DMC games), Aquila, Arbiter, and Kablooey (a more explosive gun version of Lucifer) as Nevan, Cerberus, Kalina Ann, Pandora, Agni and Rudra, and then there are the gauntlet weapons.

Its tradition for DMC games to have a gauntlet/greave weapon and DmC is no different with Eryx but its lean more towards being a copy of Dante's version of Beowulf (minus its only unique basic combos) only because it shares more similarities to Beowulf than Gilgamesh and Ifrit and the only similarity is Hammer/Showdown which are aerial attacks where Dante knocks an enemy downward while staying in the air but Showdown can be charged up while Hammer cannot (the only move in Beowulf's moveset that can't be charged) while Gilgamesh is a copy of Ifrit because it possess Kick 13.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
kevin-costner-in-man-of-steel.jpg

maybe...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC still has a lot going for it making it head and shoulders above most action games out there. Sure maybe other titles have a little more but you are really reaching and exaggerating with how much of a downgrade you think it is.

And I can appreciate the evolution some techniques went through. The demon and angel pulls a la Nero's arm from 4 for example. The mechanics are also I'd say the best in the series. The control scheme makes pulling things off very comfortable and a lot of things done in DmC should have been done in previous titles. It's basically the logical conclusion.

Screw the styles. I'd much prefer it if the game this series would continue just making this hybrid because it just makes more sense.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DmC still has a lot going for it making it head and shoulders above most action games out there. Sure maybe other titles have a little more but you are really reaching and exaggerating with how much of a downgrade you think it is.

And I can appreciate the evolution some techniques went through. The demon and angel pulls a la Nero's arm from 4 for example. The mechanics are also I'd say the best in the series. The control scheme makes pulling things off very comfortable and a lot of things done in DmC should have been done in previous titles. It's basically the logical conclusion.

Screw the styles. I'd much prefer it if the game this series would continue just making this hybrid because it just makes more sense.

It makes more sense to you.

To me I dislike the control scheme in general.

I don't like holding down a trigger button to use another weapon and the fact that the launcher (a move in its own right in the past games) is a dedicated button.

Now do I like the button layout, particularly the placement of the dodge button(s) and how it feels odd to use the angel or demon dodge by pressing a trigger button horizontal to the bumper button.

Plus the style and style switching to me makes far more sense. Changing styles only literally changes the function of one button and is no different than holding down a button to use another mode (angel or demon) and it increases the amount of options you can pull off without even changing your weapon options.

Plus lock-on not only makes your attacks far more precise but you know you're aiming for something and the only way you can miss is if the enemy actually dodges it. There would be time's the whip don't do anything and looks like Dante was whipping air when I wanted to hit a target. Then there is this more convoluted process (something involving Calibur) in which you can get the soft lock on to lock on to a designated process which is something past games allowed me to do so easily and efficiently. Plus it gives rise to directional inputs which is far more comfortable than tapping forward on the L stick twice to pull off a stinger and the damn input is so precise, a lot of the times it don't register on me (and its not the method because in MGR directional inputs feel great and usually if not all the times actually register, same goes for Bayonetta).

The only benefit of DmC's combat over the past ones is that it allows you to switch weapons more freely without a need to cycle through like 3-5 weapons at once on the fly. Which is only a problem if you couldn't learn Double Weapon Switching.

However, I would say that DMC4 is better off played on a PS Dual shock controller than a Xbox 360 one. Its far more comfortable and lax when switching styles and pulling off double weapon switching.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's an interesting question. The idea been that if there is a DMC5 or DmC2 that both would retain nothing from the other is kinda not ganna happen. Things from DmC will go into the next DMC game, be it big or small 'M'. It's like asking what things from DMC will go into DmC 3 years ago, plenty, no question about it.

To answer your question in a more concise way I'll make my own list, too.

#1: The dynamic camera.
DMC1 had a much more lively camera than it's sequels so to see a more creative and active camera in DmC was a plus.

#2: Distance covering options.
The issue with DMC2 and 4 are often how open the spaces are and how hard it is to bring you and you're opponent closer to you. DmC had the grapples, which are nice, but more options would also be encouraged. Bayonetta had attacks that could reach her opponents from great distances, grapples that took her to her enemy or vice versa, and a teleport, not to mention she could jump high and cover more distance with her dodge to close the gaps plus a panther run. Any way, one method to close the distance between you and your target is great but 5 is the tits.

Now for the things they need to add.

#1: Lock-on.
No excuses or BS explanations, just put the thing back where it was. Do I use the lock on every single time I fight? No, I don't use it that often but I use it none the less and it's there for a good reason. Taking away options is no progressive.

#2: Enough with this 'accessing all weapons on the fly' garbage.
It's great that you can call up eight different weapons on the fly but why, oh, sweet dear lord, can we not get more than that. DMC3 had 10 weapons to choose from, Bayonetta had like 20, having you're own customized set is a positive, I don't mind going to the pause menu and changing it so go ahead and give me more variety. I don't understand why they think that all the weapons should be accessible at all times. If they can come up with more intuitive ways to add more slots for on the fly switching, great! But if not I don't mind taking the time to arrange my own set that includes a bunch of very different things, just give me to option to do it, though.

That is it for now. I think everything else has already been mentioned or discussed so I'm set.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I consider DmC still in a prototype state. Of course it'll only get better as time goes on.

But for me, DmC2 needs from DMC;

Action cutscenes;
DmC lacked this a lot. One thing I liked about DMC was its action cutscenes. The sword fights, the gun shooting, all of that was cool. I hope DmC2 has this because its really needed.

Twosome time;
We need a twosome time. He had it in PSASBR so he should totally have it in DmC2.

Challenging bosses;
DmC2 needs more challenging bosses to fight. It would make the game so much more badass to play. Don't hold punches, be the KH1 of this century.

More rebellion attacks;
This is just me being a sword freak, and I hope rebellion gets more attacks to it like dance macabre.

Now for DMC5 needing from DmC;

Transversal;
DMC would be killer if it had the Limbo affects in it.

soundtrack;
DmC had the better sound track out of all the games in the series. DMC5 needs to step up and get heavy metal but also adding that stylishness to it.

Character development;
Need I say more?

berto

I Saw the Devil
soundtrack;
DmC had the better sound track out of all the games in the series. DMC5 needs to step up and get heavy metal but also adding that stylishness to it.

This is the one thing I find people seem to like the most about the last 3 games but I find sub par.

When people say the soundtrack every one thinks of the songs. They think about how good the lyrical tracks or combat songs were. Me, on the other hand, I think of the quality of the BGM and aside from DMC1 and some of 2 all DMC games (DmC included) have forgettable BGM. The songs are great, sure, but if that is the highlight of the soundtrack then it's hours of unimpressive and forgettable music that leaves no real impact.

I'm hoping for a more memorable soundtrack in the future, something that doesn't rely just on the songs alone to be considered good. Something that brings background music that is just as good as the songs they pay for.

DragonMaster2010

This is the one thing I find people seem to like the most about the last 3 games but I find sub par.

When people say the soundtrack every one thinks of the songs. They think about how good the lyrical tracks or combat songs were. Me, on the other hand, I think of the quality of the BGM and aside from DMC1 and some of 2 all DMC games (DmC included) have forgettable BGM. The songs are great, sure, but if that is the highlight of the soundtrack then it's hours of unimpressive and forgettable music that leaves no real impact.

I'm hoping for a more memorable soundtrack in the future, something that doesn't rely just on the songs alone to be considered good. Something that brings background music that is just as good as the songs they pay for.

Um, DmC DID have memorable soundtacks...to me at least.

I guess the soundtrack part was more subjective, because the only songs I remember from each game was as such;

DMC1;
Lock n' Load
Sparda theme

DMC2;
Total results

DMC3:
Now you've really crossed the line
Cerberus theme
Devils Never Cry
Taste the blood

DMC4
We shall never surrender
Blackangel mix
Dante second fight

DmC;
Pretty much every single Combichrist song.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@berto and DM2012

Music is a thing of perspective and personal taste. There is no this track is better than this or this track is more memorable (It only matters to each of us individually). I mean a good majority of the fanbase or people who've played Devil May Cry games have said this track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmUpIuHqmzg

Is the best and most memorable soundtrack in all of Devil May Cry. Not sure about that its in fact my favorite soundtrack from all of Devil May Cry and one of my favorite final boss soundtrack too.

To me the DMC soundtrack as a whole had some nice tunes but I really don't care about any of its soundtrack that much outside some from DMC2 and that one DMC1 soundtrack that was remixed in Project X Zone and the Project X Zone version not the original version (I actually prefer MGR and Anarchy Reigns/Mad World's soundtrack over any DMC game's track, and I hate rap, as well as the Sengoku Basara games and some other games as well).

My favorite tracks comes from the MegaMan games because they use more unique and uncommon instruments and methods of creating tracks my favorites being.

IncarnatedDemon

Everyone else is contributing positively -- I would like you to do so as well, if you can.
It's not necessary.

If i am going to play a "What dmc should have", i can use common sense to map out what could be good for dmc.
Or i can use other games to point out what dmc5 should have.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's not necessary.

If i am going to play a "What dmc should have", i can use common sense to map out what could be good for dmc.
Or i can use other games to point out what dmc5 should have.
Ok... I'm not going to argue. I can see that there's no use trying to talk to you.

#1: Lock-on.
No excuses or BS explanations, just put the thing back where it was. Do I use the lock on every single time I fight? No, I don't use it that often but I use it none the less and it's there for a good reason. Taking away options is no progressive.

That is it for now. I think everything else has already been mentioned or discussed so I'm set.

I will argue about this til the end of time, why exactly is lock on useful? What can't you do in DmC by just centering the camera and using the toggle lock on command that is is the game already. I still don't understand this obsession with lock on. The game gives you a specific move for aerial targets called calibur, and it always will target the enemy that is about to attack you if you time your attacks right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Um, DmC DID have memorable soundtacks...
DmC;
Pretty much every single Combichrist song.

EXACTLY!!! the songs were memorable. I'll bet you can't remember a single piece of BGM, and by BGM I mean the orchestrated music, the ones that have no words or singing in them. I thought I made it clear that I wasn't talking about the songs. The songs in DMC games are a pretty menial part of the soundtrack, they may stick out more because they play during the combat but overall they are around %5 of the actual content of the music that goes into the music in the game. So the songs were memorable, that doesn't really reflect the rest of the soundtrack. Name one piece of music, not a song, from the DmC soundtrack that qualifies as 'memorable,' and do it without googleing it, been so memorable, and all. I can't think of a single piece of music that in that game that wasn't a song that I'd listen to outside of the game, they are just not that interesting.

I say that as a music lover, I'll say this as a consumer: The songs but I'm not going to buy a soundtrack with mediocre music just for a few songs that encompass less than %10 of the music available.

I will argue about this til the end of time, why exactly is lock on useful? What can't you do in DmC by just centering the camera and using the toggle lock on command that is is the game already. I still don't understand this obsession with lock on. The game gives you a specific move for aerial targets called calibur, and it always will target the enemy that is about to attack you if you time your attacks right.
Because I'm sick and tired of the game attacking an enemy I didn't intent to attack or actually turning Dante around and slamming the enemy behind me instead of the one I was facing. That frustration is one of the reasons I returned that game.

DragonMaster2010

EXACTLY!!! the songs were memorable. I'll bet you can't remember a single piece of BGM, and by BGM I mean the orchestrated music, the ones that have no words or singing in them. I thought I made it clear that I wasn't talking about the songs. The songs in DMC games are a pretty menial part of the soundtrack, they may stick out more because they play during the combat but overall they are around %5 of the actual content of the music that goes into the music in the game. So the songs were memorable, that doesn't really reflect the rest of the soundtrack. Name one piece of music, not a song, from the DmC soundtrack that qualifies as 'memorable,' and do it without googleing it, been so memorable, and all. I can't think of a single piece of music that in that game that wasn't a song that I'd listen to outside of the game, they are just not that interesting.

Crush him
Lilith club
Remember us
Kat theme
Mean d*ck
The end
The Trade
Never Surrender
Sent to Destroy

and that's just off the top of my head.

I say that as a music lover, I'll say this as a consumer: The songs but I'm not going to buy a soundtrack with mediocre music just for a few songs that encompass less than %10 of the music available.

And I respect that, but like I said from your first post, just because you don't remember some of the songs of DmC, doesn't mean someone else won't. Same with me; just because I don't remember most of the DMC tracks on DMC4, doesn't mean someone else won't.

Like I said; subjective...or am I using that right? I don't know. If not I think I actually meant "to each his own".

DragonMaster2010

Because I'm sick and tired of the game attacking an enemy I didn't intent to attack or actually turning Dante around and slamming the enemy behind me instead of the one I was facing. That frustration is one of the reasons I returned that game.

Really? I didn't have that issue a lot. And when I did, I just improvised and used an attack that gets all the enemies around me to attack again. I don't see how that's such a big deal though.

Is all of that combat music?

Well I already said I remember all of DmC's combat music when I rounded off all the soundtracks.

Never Surrender, Sent to destroy, and Lilith club are fight music songs.

The rest are off the top of my head;

No redemption
Buried Alive
Falling apart
Follow the trail of blood
get your body beat
Age of mutation
I know what I'm doing
Gotta go
Gimme Deathrace
Zombie fistfight
Empty
Clouds of War
WTF is wrong with you people
Sentimental one

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
going into DmC i'd want to see turbo mode. i'd also like less color coded enemies. they're fun at first then they get taxing after a while. i'd also like to have skins that i don't have to purchase.
going into DMC5 i'd like to have a camera angle that i can control. i'd also like better story writing.

for both...WORK ON THE VOICE ACTING!!! my god, the lines are cool but get delivered so cheesy and bad. work on that please

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well I already said I remember all of DmC's combat music when I rounded off all the soundtracks.

So all the upbeat and combat music. I suppose I should've also mentioned that. I think I'm the one not been good at saying what I'm trying to say.

You know how Silent Hill is always looked on as having some of the best music in the industry? Specially the first 4 games. It's some of the critically and fan praised music ever produced for a game series, and rightly so. Most of the music in Silent Hill is unique and outstanding, whether it be a song used in the marketing a lot, or a short piece you only hear once for a few seconds and never again. That's what I'd call a memorable soundtrack, not just the music you play during the action sequences or combat but everything else, too.

DMC1 had a lot of great music that really added ambiance to the game and it wasn't just during the fighting or the action, it was through out the whole game. It had a personality. I can remember most of the music on the stages in DMC1 whether I'm fighting or just exploring but I can't say the same for any of the other games; I can't remember what was playing on the streets of stage 2 in DMC3, can't remember what the music in the jungle, the castle, or the streets of Fortuna was when I was running around in DMC4 and I can't remember what the music was like when I was walking through any of the corridors or streets in DmC. It was there, I know that much, and I remember most of the beginning of those pieces but I can't really remember what the music was like.

Top Bottom