• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poor Lady...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
To include her in a future game doesn't mean including every playable person in past DMC's, though that would be like 5 people tops seeing as Vergil's dead and Sparda was replaced with Trishe. Besides it shouldn't be a bother if they were only extra skins like Trishe in DMC2. You can't tell me that wasn't a welcome addition. On another note, her play style would probably need some serious thought, but we've seen a heck load of what she can do in cut scene's and even gotten a chance to go toe-to-toe with her, and this was her at her weakest. On a fun level she gets a pass for me. She barely uses anything remotely bladed so I think going Bayonetta, gung ho, (without the heels) would work pretty well in this kind of game. Dante's gunslinger style wouldn't even compare.

Personally I like the idea of balancing. Lady for the ranged, Lucia for the melee and Dante being a mix of the two but with less mastery. If you aren't feeling the idea I understand, but for me personally I think it could work wonders.

Well, if Lady would be playable, people would start nagging about Trish needing to be playable, too. I don't think Lady is more popular than Trish, nor would she have more combo potential. It'd be fun, but maybe it'd only be possible in secret missions. That sounds like a better idea to me.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Well, if Lady would be playable, people would start nagging about Trish needing to be playable, too. I don't think Lady is more popular than Trish, nor would she have more combo potential. It'd be fun, but maybe it'd only be possible in secret missions. That sounds like a better idea to me.
But people will nag regardless. They did it when both Lady and Trish appeared in DMC4 and couldn't be touched. Lol

With Trish (I have no idea why I was putting an "e" at the end of her name) She will be limited to DMC1 Dante's moves, from the looks of things and like I said we wouldn't need to include every past character if you don't like verity. Also I don't see how combing with guns would be hard. She's as agile as a spider monkey and besides, DMC isn't the kind of game that would force the player to remain the same throughout the entire game. The thing they could do with ranged weapons that they couldn't really do with melee weapons are make them up. Not to mention she carries bombs as well...

KRSkull

Well they can make a game where you can choose who to play as. and the difficulty of the game will depends on which character you choose

Lady = Easy
Trish and Lucia = normal
Dante and Nero = Hard

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Lady with Dante's voice...
look_of_disapproval_cannot_unsee_sticker-ra740be49599c49a2bef43e7493528bc6_v9wth_8byvr_512.jpg

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I'm afraid I haven't played NG3, so I can't comment on that.
Giving different missions to each character is exactly what would make it cluttered. Aside from that, I don't know if Capcom would have the budget or the deadline to do that. It could take like five years just to finish the game. They hardly even managed to make DMC4 have Dante and Nero missions. The Dante missions were pretty much a rehash of Nero's.

thats true*sigh* this is why gamers shouldnt design games lol too high of expectations okay so no seperate missions but maybe a few of lady(like 2) and 2 for trish o 3 each and a choice of either playing as nero dante or vergil with chapter callenges as optional lol? either way im willing to wait two years(5 is to long lol) for a game that atleast is somewhat close to what im hoping for

seraphmaycry

i dont see lady working

i'm not sure how she could do proper combos without breaking character after all, she's only human(and in dmc3 she already pushed that boundarie enough)

still it would be nice as long as i get to use the dmc3 outfit.

it would hilarious in cut scenes though if lady was a costume

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i dont see lady working

i'm not sure how she could do proper combos without breaking character after all, she's only human(and in dmc3 she already pushed that boundarie enough)

still it would be nice as long as i get to use the dmc3 outfit.

it would hilarious in cut scenes though if lady was a costume

she would have to be a completely ranged character like dmc3 dante gunslinger style except no swordplay

seraphmaycry

she would have to be a completely ranged character like dmc3 dante gunslinger style except no swordplay

how woudl you combo and keep her human? the cloesest you could get is something like fire 20 pistols shot launch them in the air with a rocket and chuck a grenade at them, which still wouldn't work,

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
how woudl you combo and keep her human? the cloesest you could get is something like fire 20 pistols shot launch them in the air with a rocket and chuck a grenade at them, which still wouldn't work,

well you can still combo with gunslinger right and you could have her use her rockect launcher as a melee right to help the combo so shoot smack rockect shoot grenade etc i think it honestly could be done

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i mean think about it you raise your style bar while using gunslinger with dante so if she used her rockect launcher to double as a melee weapon used her guns to shoot multiple targets and did that whole(plant grenades in the middle of their chest thing) and used the blade at the end of her launcher to spear and throw enemies and did that whole plant rocket launcher down and launch herself up and burn any surrounding enemies on the ground thing im sure you could combo lol

seraphmaycry

i mean think about it you raise your style bar while using gunslinger with dante so if she used her rockect launcher to double as a melee weapon used her guns to shoot multiple targets and did that whole(plant grenades in the middle of their chest thing) and used the blade at the end of her launcher to spear and throw enemies and did that whole plant rocket launcher down and launch herself up and burn any surrounding enemies on the ground thing im sure you could combo lol

not really dante had about 72 moves in dmc4 only a small amount of those used guns at all and less in dmc3

you cant combo with only a few moves you have suggested 6 moves think about it that is like comboing with extreme early game dmc3 dante.

i cant see it honestly happening.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
not really dante had about 72 moves in dmc4 only a small amount of those used guns at all and less in dmc3

you cant combo with only a few moves you have suggested 6 moves think about it that is like comboing with extreme early game dmc3 dante.

i cant see it honestly happening.

well good thing theres always hope

seraphmaycry

well good thing theres always hope

hope.. when was the last time i could say i had that..

anyway without making her a demon to a small degree (something im pretty sure she was anyway) it would divide the game play an plot by a massive amount and pretty much make lady (in my opinion) obsolete.

perhaps a acrobatic system could be implemented i mean lady did some pretty superhuman stuff

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWGoHVjGGw

It can work. Just put more emphasis on gunplay rather than forming combos with swords and other melee options. Not only would it be new she will play drastically different than the other characters and as long as pro-Dante or pro-Nero players has their Dante and Nero (maybe even Vergil) I don't see no harm in using a character who plays by their own rules. Adds more depth and a new class of players into the mix (pro-Lady) so that people who mastered Nero or Dante will have to take time to master Lady.

Where she can switch between only guns or military based weapons ranging from pistols, shotguns, Kalina Ann, assault rifles, grenades (something Lucia used in DMC2), and more (satellite guns, laser guns, etc) and can use some basic hand to hand combat skills (like Trish or DmC Vergil or better Lucia when she does her various kicks).

Plus her main style could be the traditional acrobatic stuff in DMC2 but with more emphasis on acrobatics that Lady showcased in DMC3.

Plus her being human isn't a big deal I mean Ninja Gaiden chicks can take on demon emperors and whatnot and take a trashing plus Lady is no pushover I mean she got stabbed in the leg by a f*cking huge a$$ blade and kicked off a 100 feet tower and was later shown walking up said tower and even fought Dante although she lost and all of that was 10+ years ago.

Plus she is no ordinary human for she has the blood of a priestess (the same blood that can open and close the doorway to the underworld) flowing in her veins they can capitalize on that for a way to give Lady some reason to be able to give demons a trashing.

To balance it out and makes more sense due to Lady's greater range, strong focus on long range attacks, and her gun weapons do more damage than Dante and the others (but not DMC2 levels no those guns were overpowered) and having overall more usage she has lower durability so she takes more damage than the others adding a stronger sense of danger when playing as her.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

It can work. Just put more emphasis on gunplay rather than forming combos with swords and other melee options. Not only would it be new she will play drastically different than the other characters and as long as pro-Dante or pro-Nero players has their Dante and Nero (maybe even Vergil) I don't see no harm in using a character who plays by their own rules. Adds more depth and a new class of players into the mix (pro-Lady) so that people who mastered Nero or Dante will have to take time to master Lady.

Where she can switch between only guns or military based weapons ranging from pistols, shotguns, Kalina Ann, assault rifles, grenades (something Lucia used in DMC2), and more (satellite guns, laser guns, etc) and can use some basic hand to hand combat skills (like Trish or DmC Vergil or better Lucia when she does her various kicks).

Plus her main style could be the traditional acrobatic stuff in DMC2 but with more emphasis on acrobatics that Lady showcased in DMC3.

Plus her being human isn't a big deal I mean Ninja Gaiden chicks can take on demon emperors and whatnot and take a trashing plus Lady is no pushover I mean she got stabbed in the leg by a f*cking huge a$$ blade and kicked off a 100 feet tower and was later shown walking up said tower and even fought Dante although she lost and all of that was 10+ years ago.

Plus she is no ordinary human for she has the blood of a priestess (the same blood that can open and close the doorway to the underworld) flowing in her veins they can capitalize on that for a way to give Lady some reason to be able to give demons a trashing.

To balance it out and makes more sense due to Lady's greater range, strong focus on long range attacks, and her gun weapons do more damage than Dante and the others (but not DMC2 levels no those guns were overpowered) and having overall more usage she has lower durability so she takes more damage than the others adding a stronger sense of danger when playing as her.

Completely agree with this

seraphmaycry

you my good sir, have won the internet.

but lady would have to be unimaginably fragile (unless she's added as a costume)

balancing could be hard though i mean ebony and ivory can lock a single target into place easiily if lady is going to be a even more poweful gun user well... not good no, not good at all

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
you my good sir, have won the internet.

but lady would have to be unimaginably fragile (unless she's added as a costume)

balancing could be hard though i mean ebony and ivory can lock a single target into place easiily if lady is going to be a even more poweful gun user well... not good no, not good at all

A SINGLE TARGET. Meaning the other enemies are just as likely to attack her while other enemies can attack her from behind plus its the devs duty to mainly make the enemies a challenge. So it can prompt the player to constantly switch targets or use her acrobatic abilities to avoid the other enemy attacks plus you won't gain any style points just spamming the handguns plus you have other attacks that do more damage so you can finish off enemies quicker because well your being timed as part of the mission ranking.

There is nothing wrong with making a character overpowered unless the enemies are overpowered (or as challenging) as well (then you're not really over powered).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The only problem i see with playing as Lady is... ammo.

Did you not see that gameplay footage of Sengoku Basara I posted?

That chick is burning thousands of bullets per second and still have so much.

Plus its a game I mean isn't ammo something OTHER characters such as Dante and Nero should worry about too since their guns use bullets?

Top Bottom