• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poor Lady...

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Its was a joke, kinda to point out that Dante and Nero never ran out of bullets(Though they DO fire their guns with magic).

In my opinion in order to implement Lady as a PC they would also need to implement enemies that use guns, you know to pick up ammo and stuff.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
i dont see lady working

i'm not sure how she could do proper combos without breaking character after all, she's only human(and in dmc3 she already pushed that boundarie enough)

still it would be nice as long as i get to use the dmc3 outfit.

it would hilarious in cut scenes though if lady was a costume
She's human but hey so was her father.... and that guy was a monster before opening the hellgate >_>

As for combos, you seem to be under the impression guns are her only forte. I'm sure she has an aresonal of melee attacks that we aren't scratching at. Plus she could always pick up other mid range weaponry if you're bugged, though I don't see how combing with different gunslinger moves could be a problem. Hell Death the Kid does it all the time lol. If anything she could just be the strongest human in existence in DMC so that needs to be taken into account.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Everyone wanted to know why Lady healed so fast from her injuries:
http://projectxzone.wikia.com/wiki/Lady
( Look at the bottom of the page).

... I see. I suppose it makes sense, if her blood was special it'd serve well as a catalyst for Sparda's task much better than any random human, man or woman. Add to that Arkham's blood and she might have more powers than your standard human. Arkham, in case you didn't know, is a man who has dabbled in the dark art to the point that he has done things to his body so it is possible that Lady was conceived after he started doing things to himself and passed over some... side effects to his child.

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that Arkham's self enhancing black magic allowed Lady to inherit certain traits from him. If the priestess' blood was in some way divine or holy, hence her position as a priestess, and her father's had become tainted with demonic or unholy 'properties' that makes our little Lady another rather unique individual.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Her sacred blood could explain too why she could stand against Trish in anime ( at the point of both of them being equally strong and powerful) and why survived all the attacks in DMC3, so we can safely conclude she is even stronger and more supernatural than most of us supposed.Finally Capcom ( or whatever made this) decide to explore her "holy" ascendence.

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
I don't think Lady has any supernatural abilities (like Arkham's powers surging through her veins). She is just a dedicated, strong and talented devil hunter, with the inhumanly enhanced power and ability that videogame heroes tend to have.

And I've been hoping to get a chance to play as Lady since I first saw her in DMC3. It would be a fun and interesting change of pace to play as her during some missions. Any compromises to gameplay aren't in order since she is very acrobatic and fast as evidenced in DMC3's cutscenes. I can only hope that she makes an appearance in DmC2/DMC5 and gets a slice of the action for herself.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't think Lady has any supernatural abilities (like Arkham's powers surging through her veins). She is just a dedicated, strong and talented devil hunter, with the inhumanly enhanced power and ability that videogame heroes tend to have.

dedication, strength and talent don't heal broken bones. For her to be able to fight Dante like that with a stab wound that went all the way through her leg was always a stretch for me that I dismissed as video game and manga willpower logic but if she has enhanced healing do to been the descendant of a priestess with divine or holy blood I'll take it over her just doing the things she did with sheer will.

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
dedication, strength and talent don't heal broken bones. For her to be able to fight Dante like that with a stab wound that went all the way through her leg was always a stretch for me that I dismissed as video game and manga willpower logic but if she has enhanced healing do to been the descendant of a priestess with divine or holy blood I'll take it over her just doing the things she did with sheer will.

Lady hates demons more than enything else in the world. She wants to eradicate every single one of them, even half-demons like Dante. If she knew that she had other than human blood in her veins she probably couldn't accept herself as a decent human being, because she always emphasized the importance of having the purity of humans. Also, if she had enhanced healing due to being the descendant of a priestess then I'm sure she'd have some other special abilities as well, and it would have brought up during the story.

Maybe I'm alone but Lady was always my favorite DMC girl in both universes.
Same goes for me. She was a strong character both physically and mentally.She also had imperfections and could bear a lot on her own. A strong female character.
To be sincere,I didn't like DMC4 version of Lady. I mean,they made her wear that outfit,that didn't seem to fit Lady at all,showing her breasts way too much and barely had any importance in the story.
I wish they'd make her playable.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Same goes for me. She was a strong character both physically and mentally.She also had imperfections and could bear a lot on her own. A strong female character.
To be sincere,I didn't like DMC4 version of Lady. I mean,they made her wear that outfit,that didn't seem to fit Lady at all,showing her breasts way too much and barely had any importance in the story.
I wish they'd make her playable.
Yes! My thoughts exactly!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Lady hates demons more than enything else in the world. She wants to eradicate every single one of them, even half-demons like Dante. If she knew that she had other than human blood in her veins she probably couldn't accept herself as a decent human being, because she always emphasized the importance of having the purity of humans.
There is no indication that she knew any of this. As far as she was concerned Arkham married Kalina out of love and his research into the occult drove him to murder her when in fact he married her because of her ancestor and provably planned on killing her the whole time.

I'm sure she is now aware of these things and knowing what kind of man Dante is I doubt she'd feel that way about it now.

Also, if she had enhanced healing due to being the descendant of a priestess then I'm sure she'd have some other special abilities as well, and it would have brought up during the story.

Provably things that aren't combat related, though. What kind of powers would a priestess have? The power to heal, exorcise demons, prayer, spirit communication, power to present blessings upon other, medium, you know, the stuff she does at the temple or the services she provides to the people. Most of those would provably require knowledge and spiritual education to use and the other that don't apply to her job she'd have no way of seeing if they were available in the upgrade screen.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
In fact, it's Arkham who was the descendant of that blessed priestess , not Kalina Ann. I guess this is referred in that Trinity of Fates book. Why he select Kalina from all the women we don't know.I don't know if I can get that information now, but as soon as I can get, I'll bring it here.

Top Bottom