• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pinnacle of DMC Mastery

Status
Not open for further replies.

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
Since my last topic was locked due to the lack of handicap accessibility, I began this new one in hopes of finding what makes a master of DMC.

Thread Dos & Donts
1) Keep it clean. No pee pee cocka cocka talk :sick:
2) No dble posts. Even if it creates needed “suspenseful repetition”>_<
3) Share your ideas freely :cool:
4) Mind your manners. No dogs at the table please:p
5) Please PM as to not publicly humiliate soccer players:O
6) No heated discussions. Obviously forums are meant for only Carebears vs Rainbow Bright
7) No Messing with Staff of Admin. (I now have points…..yikes):ninja:
8) Don’t stray off topic. Even if the argument is on topic. (yeah that sounds right:wacko:?)
9) If you are too intelligent for the discussion please don’t continue posting. You may get points like me.:rolleyes:
10) Comment if and only if you have a f-ing clue:D

With that out of the way, please name challenges, no damage runs, no upgrade runs or special tactics that would make a DMC master.

*Remember this is to determine great players…NOT good players*

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Try not to sneak in too many oh-so-subtle digs though, yeah? Some of us less intelligent people may still notice them ;)

Sounds interesting - looking forward to seeing what people come up with. +rep for the idea.

EDIT: Is this pertaining just to DMC4 or all DMC games?

Keaton

Premium
IMO elements that contribute to being classed as adept to the game would have to be:

-Beating All Game Modes
-S Ranking All Modes excl. Hell or Hell and DMD
-Mastering the Max Act
-Beat Bloody Palace with atleast an B Rank

These elements would suggest a highly skilled player, atleast someone who doesn't dedicate every waking minuite to a game but does take it seriously :)

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
Keaton;126965 said:
IMO elements that contribute to being classed as adept to the game would have to be:

-Beating All Game Modes
-S Ranking All Modes excl. Hell or Hell and DMD
-Mastering the Max Act
-Beat Bloody Palace with atleast an B Rank

These elements would suggest a highly skilled player, atleast someone who doesn't dedicate every waking minuite to a game but does take it seriously :)

Nice post and thats a good start but lets go one step farther to create a challenging base (play time shouldn't be a relavant issue, some people need longer than others to master certain games)

Beat All modes- Yes
Master Max Act and Style Change- yes
S Rank all missions on H, DH, SoS, and DMD
Beat Bloody Palace with S rank (Minimum 5 million points)
+Can use controlled Jump Cancelling

This is a decent base for great players, but I would like to take it up a notch. What other qualifications create a great player. Please post challenging game play or skills as well.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I don't think that jump canceling should define a "Master" player.

I for one think that it makes certain bosses WAY to easy.

I play without it.

Sparda™

Black Angel;127087 said:

I play without it.

I see Jump Canceling as 'too flashy' even for a game like Devil May Cry.

The way I see It, using the least things possible, less upgrades for all weapons, and still, managing to get flawless S rankings on everything. Also, in the highest difficulties, limiting yourself on one weapon/style usage, still keeping the 'no upgrades' thing.

If you keep yourself as untouchable, no damage, then, you are flawless, sir!

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
Black Angel;127087 said:

I play without it.

Jump canceling can be abused just like any other skill, but it has many uses that can make for stylish gameplay. Since most players can't use controled jump cancelling, I would consider it a must for a DMC 4 master, and I'm sure most would feel the same about a DMC 3 master.

Here's an example of jump cancelling mastery. This dude is sweet. I find it more difficult to do this with Nero.

Challenge: Defeat Berial without touching the ground (DMD No Damage). This can be accomplished in many different ways but this person does it sweet. This is the kind of mastery I'm talking about.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaCzV3Be1zc&feature=related

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
The fact that it is super flashy makes me love it even more. ^____^

*edit* forgot to mention that I was referring to jump canceling.

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
^Agreed, but I also agree that this technique can be overutilized. In reference to this topic JCing is a skill set that should be included in a great players arsenal.

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
wth is jump cancelling? and how do you do it? it might help me with DMD mode. (iv only had DMC4 for like 2 weeks, so give me a break:D)

Goldsickle

I think completing DMD with S ranks for all missions and completing Bloody Palace with S rank would be enough for a "qualifier".

Anything else (triple S with No damage, etc.) would be extras.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Blue Rose;174241 said:
wth is jump cancelling? and how do you do it? it might help me with DMD mode. (iv only had DMC4 for like 2 weeks, so give me a break:D)

Don't bump old threads. I've already made a thread with the question "What is Jump Cancel". I've made it in the DMC4 forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom