• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Philosophy ( yes this is a serious thread)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's how I see dreams.

Dreams are an alternate reality inside our minds, made to help us cope with whatever ails us. Sometimes, it doesn't always work. That makes a nightmare. Other times, it really works, and we get a lucid dream.

It's an odd way of looking at it, but it makes sense.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I have another, strange theory. I pertains to the immagination. I think that the immagination is actually just a psychic connection to another universe, showing us what that universe is like.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nicodemus Zamoran;232514 said:
I have another, strange theory. I pertains to the immagination. I think that the immagination is actually just a psychic connection to another universe, showing us what that universe is like.

Not that strange. It's how I see it. I just worded it poorly. :/

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;232512 said:
Here's how I see dreams.

Dreams are an alternate reality inside our minds, made to help us cope with whatever ails us. Sometimes, it doesn't always work. That makes a nightmare. Other times, it really works, and we get a lucid dream.

It's an odd way of looking at it, but it makes sense.

Hmmmm. I see each dream as one of the following-

Mumbo jumbo that means nothing
problem solving time
psychoanalytic
pre-cognitive

lucid dreams happen if you know the signs of dreams and are aware enough to take over. You're idea is interesting though, DT.

Sorry, but I don't think the imagination is another universe. Its just my brain making connections and being creative. *sigh* I like discussing all this with you guys but I have to go to school tomorrow...*falls asleep*

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Nicodemus Zamoran;232514 said:

For me it is, a link to each person perfect universe.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nicodemus Zamoran;232516 said:
Wow. I never thought that anyone would see that as something viable.

On the contrary, it makes perfect sense. There are many things we don't know about in this world. Who's to say that we aren't in the crappy universe while the parallel universe version of us gets all the fun in the other world? I think that when we dream, we switch places. But both have to be dreaming at once, or the connection will fail.

It's not that far fetched.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
About the future thing...
Anyone ever heard of Oedipus? His parents, the king and queen of Thebes, were told that he would grow up to kill his father and marry his mother. Naturally they freaked out and sent baby Oedipus out into a field to get eaten by wolves, BUT he was found by a farmer, who gave him to a wealthy family in Corinth. Oedipus grew up as a prince there, and when he asked the oracle to tell his future, he was told that he would kill his father and marry his mother. Since his adopted parents never told him he was actually adopted he freaked out and left Corinth. While on the road he came across an old man. They argued and Oedipus killed him before continuing onward. Then, after a complex journey that involved saving Thebes from the Sphinx, he was awarded by being named king, since the old one had been murdered on the road a little earlier. Since the queen was still alive, Oedipus married her and had babies.

Moral of the story? Leave the future alone >.>

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Oh, yes. When he found out what he had done he gouged out his eyes and became a beggar.

Meg

Tonks;232520 said:
Anyone ever heard of Oedipus? His parents, the king and queen of Thebes, were told that he would grow up to kill his father and marry his mother. Naturally they freaked out and sent baby Oedipus out into a field to get eaten by wolves, BUT he was found by a farmer, who gave him to a wealthy family in Corinth. Oedipus grew up as a prince there, and when he asked the oracle to tell his future, he was told that he would kill his father and marry his mother. Since his adopted parents never told him he was actually adopted he freaked out and left Corinth. While on the road he came across an old man. They argued and Oedipus killed him before continuing onward. Then, after a complex journey that involved saving Thebes from the Sphinx, he was awarded by being named king, since the old one had been murdered on the road a little earlier. Since the queen was still alive, Oedipus married her and had babies.

*claps again*

And it gave Sigmund Freud something to talk about to. I leave the future alone and don't think its as complex as some people make it out to be. SOme stuff happens for a reason, some doesn't. Which is which? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;232524 said:
*claps again*

And it gave Sigmund Freud something to talk about to. I leave the future alone and don't think its as complex as some people make it out to be. SOme stuff happens for a reason, some doesn't. Which is which? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I don't think that. Everything happens for a reason, it does to me. Something happens because someone else must've triggered it, there must always be a reason of it, good or bad.

Mass murder of the jews in world war II?
The reason was mostly because Hitler and the Nazi's didn't like them, not a good reason but still a reason.

You stumbled on a rock?
The reason why is because you didn't watch were you were putting your footsteps, or you stumbled on purpose, but still a reason.

Now, what bothers me is... Lies, deceit, betrayal, etc...

When someone lies alot they don't trust the people around themselves, as they lie they lose trust, feeling that someone may do the same as them.

Why did someone start lying in the first place? Why is there these unnecessary lies and secrets everywhere? We humans don't trust ourselves anymore, nations keeping secret from each others, simple unnecessary lies... It's too much... Lies everywhere...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^If anything Hitler came from a jew family too.ANd his wife was a jew.He just blamed everything at the jews to cover up some other things that happened in germany then,mostly economical and gave the people what they wanted during those troubled times[for germany that is,since things were pretty sh1tty after WW I].And the whole testing of new weapons.

As for Oedipus,congrats to those who have heard of it and read it from curiosity.One of the biggest tragedies in the whole world and really,something for Freud to chew. :D

Despite the funny though,I recommend it.It has far too many aspects of the human tragedy and the ego along with [possibly] the biggest punishment[and cleansing afterwards] to befall in an ancient greek play.One of the must reads.[Hell evrything tied to the ancient civilazations is a must read,but since it's on the subject...]

...Maybe I'm a bit of topic?

PS : @Tonks : errr...no.That's not excactly the moral of the story.It's more complex.Maybe I should say it's not just that.

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
Tonks;232520 said:

*CLAPS CLAPS CLAPS*

Meg

aka958;232584 said:
You stumbled on a rock?
The reason why is because you didn't watch were you were putting your footsteps, or you stumbled on purpose, but still a reason.

I meant not everything happens for a big reason. Sure the reason you fall is because you tripped over something, but you get back up and continue on with your day. It doesn't effect you after that.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I think I fall into the camp of everything happens for a reason - the reason may not be huge or overly significant, but there is cause and effect, surely, so the cause is the reason for the effect...

...or something...

I know what I mean, I'm just not particularly articulate this evening. Things that appear senseless to others make sense to a different group of people; you can find the reasoning in anything provided you are willing to accept the banal as well as the extraordinary as explanation...

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;232768 said:
I meant not everything happens for a big reason. Sure the reason you fall is because you tripped over something, but you get back up and continue on with your day. It doesn't effect you after that.

As Angel wrote.

It stalls you, maybe you were in a hurry, maybe you got delayed. It could affect in lots of ways, maybe someone saw you stumble on that particular rock and ran to help you, then suddenly you got a new friend.
Everything affect us, haven't you heard of the Chaos theory?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
aka958;232845 said:
Everything affect us, haven't you heard of the Chaos theory?

I have heared about it, it supposed that when something happens, if it happens again it will be different?.

Feel free to correct me, i dont remember it.

aka958

Don't trust people
No, that one tiny thing could set of a huge thing in the long run.

Like, the butterfly effect.

Top Bottom