• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Philosophy ( yes this is a serious thread)

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
How do we even know we exist? What if we're just brains in a jar being stimulated by electrical pulses?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tonks;232479 said:
How do we even know we exist? What if we're just brains in a jar being stimulated by electrical pulses?

Don't give me thoughts like that. @_@ It's creepy...

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Creepy. Yes, but if so, then if we had more powerful immaginations, then we would be able to do anything, having the ability to change things at will, just cuz we are really in our own minds.

Meg

Tonks;232479 said:

Or how about, How do we know this isn't some dream we are going to wake up from and be like 2 years old? :p

Something I've been wondering. Do people see the same colors?:huh: Think about it. My orange could be someone else's blue, but its all called the same thing so how would we know? :wacko:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
She has a point.

However, has anyone ever had something called a "lucid dream"? It's where you can control your dreams, and make your own reality. It's quite... pleasurable. ;)

Meg

I've had a couple lucid dreams before. I know how to tell when I'm dreaming which makes it easier.

I like how this thread is for the people that wanted to talk about philosophy, but so far only the people that liked the klondike bar joke is posting in here. :lol: Why do you think that is? What philosophical reason could be behind it? Is it because nothing is really real? Are those people in another dimension. Who the heck knows!?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
^Maybe...me.

Anyway, dreams can be strange or can be the future.

I can swear that i have seem little pieces of some days in dreams

Meg

^ Actually no. Dejavu happens when a signal is sent to the wrong part of the brain causing a person to remember that moment.

Pre-cognitive dreams are what really gets me. I had one before. It was terrifying. And then it happened which was even more creepy! :wacko:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've done that as well.

But seeing the future is a hollow gift. If you see the future, why bother changing it? You can't. It's the future, set in stone from the get-go.

But perhaps it's only because you can see it that it changes.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
You see a little piece of the future, what makes you want to know when thats gonna happen, but when it happens you may not remember the dream

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;232507 said:
I've done that as well.

But seeing the future is a hollow gift. If you see the future, why bother changing it? You can't. It's the future, set in stone from the get-go.

But perhaps it's only because you can see it that it changes.

Well. My pre-cognitive dream was about someone my sister knew getting really hurt. Then he did in the way i dreamed it. My sister wasn't the happiest person on the planet at the time and what happened to her friend made it even worse. I took the dream as a warning from my guardian angel or whatever that I need to be there for her. which I was.

Top Bottom