• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Philosophy ( yes this is a serious thread)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i was reading a joke thread that clamed ( in its title ) to be a philosophical question. the joke was that the question was " what whould you do for a klondike bar" i found the joke funny:lol:. a few other people were actually dissapointed. so i decided to make an actual philosophy thread just for those people.

so feel free to discuss your belefs. be open minded and remember. chances are we are all wrong ( yes even me ( and you). so discuss things with the understanding that this is pure opinon and impossible to prove or disprove. and arguments are pointless. polite dissagreement and discussion is the way to go. who knows you could change your belefs because of something in this thread.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My beliefs... Everyone is equal. Others may have their talents, and their shortcomings, but those don't matter.

God may or may not exist. I'm still pondering that one. But angels do exist. To me at least. I mean, I have Aden as proof.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Nicodemus Zamoran;232450 said:
I believe that good can be extinguished, but evil will always remain, in some form.

without good what is evil.

there is no set line between good and evil. if all things currently good ceased to exist.(probably not possible) then some evil things whould then be considered good. it is impossible to have just one. you have both ( and 2 million things in between) or you have vauge nutrality.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Nicodemus Zamoran;232450 said:
I believe that good can be extinguished, but evil will always remain, in some form.

The two remain even if they are destroyed, cause without one the other cannot exist.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If good can be destroyed, then so can evil. But then part of good would be corrupted, and become evil again.

It's a vicious cycle. It works vice versa as well.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Nicodemus Zamoran;232457 said:
Actually, Good can be destroyed, but it is extremely strong, and almost impossible to destroy.

but good is a concept. concepts do not have form therefore they can't be destroyed. ( only ignored)

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Yes. That is true. But that cannot be said with light and dark. Darkness exists without any help, but many things make up light.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Light depends on things to sustain it, but darkness moves in without warning as soon as light leaves...

Are you saying darkness overpowers light? Even if there's a complete void of darkness, there will always be those who can find even the smallest glimmer of light. But it's not a light we can see. It's a light called hope. A world without hope is a true world without light.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Not that kind of light... Light does require other things to sustain it, but dark needs nothing, but Light is constantly needed and wanted, so people sustain it.

Meg

^ Darkness requires the absence of light. Light requires the absence of darkness.

Light does not equal good and darkness does not equal evil. Its often thought of that way, but its not true. crazy stuff happens during the day. Night is much more peaceful. (where I am anyway) You can't say that because darkness is (in a way) stronger than then evil is stronger than good. Unless we're treating light and dark as metaphors (for klondike bars :p)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Don't even start with the Klondike Bar stuff. :p

But Meg has a point. Dark =/= Evil and Light=/= Good.

But I still don't think that's what you meant.

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;232473 said:
Don't even start with the Klondike Bar stuff. :p

But Meg has a point. Dark =/= Evil and Light=/= Good.

But I still don't think that's what you meant.

To late I already did.

What does anything mean? What is light and what is darkness? What is good and what is evil? What. Its a philosophy thread I can ask unanswerable questions if I want. :lol:

Top Bottom