• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Peace...Truce....What Ever You Want To Call It

Dark Drakan

Admin
DanteDude99;275589 said:
Well if we did that people might start flaming and trolling in other sections and that would be worse

Im pretty sure it was a joke. :lol:

GamblingGambitCloud;275590 said:
wat im talking about is bigger than that game though...it spreads throughout all threads

Yeah because the people involved are unable to communicate in an adult manner anywhere or voice opinions without being insulting. We dont like closing threads that have people discussing things and opinions but some as flaming starts we have no choice. We would love it if people could listen to each other and have some constructive conversations with each other.

Its the reason Vs Threads were banned, which we allow everywhere else. Because on those other forums members can debate and voice opinions without throwing their toys out of their prams when someone has a difference in opinion and decides insulting them will help make their point seem more valid for some reason like which happened here...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well that is where the main problem is at the moment.
If you like DmC, you're ripped into.
No one should be torn a new gaping bloody orifice because they like a new game.
I came into a thread just as it was about to burst into a flame war.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
DT when I start to get too frustrated I take a deep breath and count to ten in my head, it seriously works.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergil'sB*tch;275595 said:
But that is where the main problem is at the moment.
If you like it, you're ripped into.
No one should be torn a new gaping bloody orifice because they like a new game.

I came into a thread just as it was about to burst into a flame war.

Which is why i stepped into the thread and said my piece. I dont care about the new game or any of the old ones either as i dont play them but as a dedicated gamer in general i can be impartial. People are entitled an opinion and some will like it and some wont. Can feel free to say why you feel the way you do but dont have to insult someone for thinking differently. If everyone liked the same things the world would be a dull place.

Meg

Storm Silves;275591 said:
I am also appalled at the rudeness that somehow slithers past rules. It sickens me, almost, that they can get away with that. I hate loopholes...

Anyways, I say that locking the section would be... Counterproductive, I think is the word? If we lock that section, then the rage will just spill into the other threads. You think it's chaotic right now? It'll be HECTIC if we lock the DmC section.

All in all, I enjoy a good debate, but when the other person starts getting on my nerves, I seem not to have the common sense to back out...

I'm 15, so I guess I'm immature still...

It was a joke. *looks* Mr. Drakan beat me to it. You sly devil, you!

And maturity has nothing to do with age. I know people in their 30s/40s that act like they are high school brats. I'd say you have a ways to go (no ones perfect after all), but still a lot better than some people I know. A LOT better.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
That's actually a good position to be in. At times, i wish i never laid eyes on Vergil.

Anyway, to help out, I've now turned into a much calmer VB, so no arguing from me.

Janny

Dines with dementia
meg127;275585 said:
I say just lock the entire DmC section of the forums. ;)
That's actually not such a bad idea. I remember a long time ago something like this happened to the Doctor Who forums, so the admin just decided to shut down the section for a few weeks. After that everything was back to normal.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Janny;275606 said:
That's actually not such a bad idea. I remember a long time ago something like this happened to the Doctor Who forums, so the admin just decided to shut down the section for a few weeks. After that everything was back to normal.

Its not going to happen and was a joke. Shutting the primary section because of some immature members will not happen. Would be like shutting a cinema when a blockbuster movie comes out. The situation isnt as bad as its been blown up into and will blow over when maturity takes over.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Mr Drakan, can other members re-post other posts into another thread because they weren't using the proper thread in the first place.
Isn't it only admins/mods that can do that? or canwe re-post other ppls opinions into the right place?

(Geez, i hope that makes sense).

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Drakan: Hopefully that will be soon. I'm getting a bit tired of the bickering, so I've vowed not to set foot in there lest I get caught up in it and blamed for something.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergil'sB*tch;275614 said:
Mr Drakan, can other members re-post other posts into another thread because they weren't using the proper thread in the first place.
Isn't it only admins/mods that can do that? or canwe re-post other ppls opinions into the right place?

(Geez, i hope that makes sense).

Not 100% sure of what you mean.

Mr Anderson

"Hopefully that will be soon. I'm getting a bit tired of the bickering, so I've vowed not to set foot in there lest I get caught up in it and blamed for something."posted DT

I ,as of now, take that vow too DT. Let's us people not being insulting and narrow-minded lead the rest of the community be example the mods/admins can only do so much that we all need to take part and grow-up and show others that we are mature and can have fun on here and voice our opinions without fear of being trashed and verbally abused because of our views

Dark Drakan

Admin
Storm Silves;275620 said:
I think she's talking about moving posts from one thread to another, but I'm not sure either.

If someone posts something in the wrong section or thread then the staff can move the thread. If someone puts a post in the wrong thread then other members can point them in the right direction of the right thread. Gold Subscribers can delete their own posts and post in the right thread if they find themselves accidentally posting in the wrong section. Only staff can physically move things though.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Storm Silves;275616 said:
@Drakan: Hopefully that will be soon. I'm getting a bit tired of the bickering, so I've vowed not to set foot in there lest I get caught up in it and blamed for something.

i dont think theyd blame u...but i agree....i am not going in there because im tired of all the fighting...this forum needs to grow as a community and become stronger together

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dark Drakan;275622 said:
If someone posts something in the wrong section or thread then the staff can move the thread. If someone puts a post in the wrong thread then other members can point them in the right direction of the right thread. Gold Subscribers can delete their own posts and post in the right thread if they find themselves accidentally posting in the wrong section. Only staff can physically move things though.

Yeah, she was wondering if normal members can do that. I think you answered her question.

@DD99: Glad I'm not the only one.

Mr Anderson

@DT:Well once trolls stop being fed and everyone is mature and respectful the trolls will either stop or cross the line and get banned once that happens we can be the fun happy forums we were when I first joined.

Dark Drakan

Admin
DanteDude99;275627 said:
@DT:Well once trolls stop being fed and everyone is mature and respectful the trolls will either stop or cross the line and get banned once that happens we can be the fun happy forums we were when I first joined.

Precisely and that is where we are at right now and the point ive been trying to make. +Rep

GamblingGambitCloud;275628 said:
there is always trolling though...and thats why i posted this thread

Arguments are 2 sided though, soon as people stop feeding the trolls and arguing back and merely reporting them instead the situations will lessen. Respect each other and respect yourselves.

Top Bottom