• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Peace...Truce....What Ever You Want To Call It

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
Dark Drakan;275629 said:
Precisely and that is where we are at right now and the point ive been trying to make. +Rep

Yeah i know you and some others have been trying to push the point I just posted for awhile now but there's too many petty disputes to stop it once more and more start to see our point and reason eventually we will find the real trolls not the people who just got too angry and need to grow up once everyone grows up the trolls banned and everyone can respectfully debate their views we will be fine.

Meg

I think for right now the best thing anyone can do is to just not post in that section. I feel like no one can say anything in there right now, so maybe if more and more people just ignore the section others will follow. :unsure: Or they'll just get tired of going around in circles and not getting anywhere. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergil'sB*tch;275633 said:
if you've got someone being a numb nut within the rules, you can't report them, can you?

What offends you might not offend someone else and being overly sensitive isnt really a reporting worthy reason. If its within the rules and there is no rule breaking there then simply move onto another thread. Or if the person really seems to get to you for some reason then add them to your ignore list so they dont annoy you in future.

Only report things like spam and things that break the rules. Otherwise i will have an email box full of reports for minor things and rather not waste precious hours of my day cycling through them for the real reports.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I just don't understand. People join up and start ranting their opinions straight away.

Just chill make some friends, take time to listen to other people. What you have to say isn't the most important thing in the world. Some people are so ignorant - it's all me me me!

*shakes head*

Meg

Ebony;275658 said:
I just don't understand. People join up and start ranting their opinions straight away.

Just chill make some friends, take time to listen to other people. What you have to say isn't the most important thing in the world. Some people are so ignorant - it's all me me me!

*shakes head*

But it is all about me. ;)

I understand though. We have all these new members, but I don't really know any of them.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
If people dont like the new DMC look then dont buy the game simple as . Instead of telling someone there wrong , take a step back and look at it from their view.
And it says something that if a ADMIN has left because of immature members then there is something seriously wrong here. Im the first the admit that I have trolled and flamed in the past but i learned that shouting gets you no where apart from a ban :lol:

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
and we need people like u Damien...people who admit theyre trolling and its wrong to do and then make the change...i admit it too man...now sometimes i myself fall back into old habits...but i think once people recognize the mistake, they can change....im a LOT more mature now than i was when i first joined

Mr Anderson

The dark knight;275662 said:
There is no such thing as peace. As long as opinions exist there will be no peace

Peace is just a bonus we want maturity and respect and debates are healthy but flaming and trolling is different.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
we members who have been here longer and care for the forum need to stand strong and try to prevent trolling and flame threads...and we need to stop arguments....we may not hold the status or powers of admins...but we can still act like them....and if something erupts we should bring it to the attention of the real admins

Mr Anderson

People need to learn also that we members who have been here longer know how it works and try to help newer members out too and yeah we should go to admins more like DD said instead of feeding trolls the members who have been here longer are responsible for keeping this place fun and happy we need to stop others from starting stuff and tell the staff when stuff does start

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Then lets back our words up with actions. I for one will start acting more mature than before on here. We need some simple diplomacy and open-mindedness

The dark knight

I know how it works more than ALL OF YA'LL! EVEN DD. lol
DanteDude99;275756 said:
People need to learn also that we members who have been here longer know how it works and try to help newer members out too and yeah we should go to admins more like DD said instead of feeding trolls the members who have been here longer are responsible for keeping this place fun and happy we need to stop others from starting stuff and tell the staff when stuff does start

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
i swear to GOD we have something almost exactly like this going on on the fable forums. if i didn't know any better i'd say you were orchestrating them both to coincide with eachother drakan. :lol:

seriously, this all seems rather blown out of proportion. by all means disregard what i'm writing, as most of you seem to like doing, but this thread feels like preaching to the choir if you ask me. everyone knows what an insult is, everyone knows what a discussion is, and everyone knows what the rules are. if you as one member can compose yourself as a mature human being, and get through discussions without throwing your lunch at someone else, then you would be setting an example. believe it or not, it makes you come off as untrollable to most if you can just take a deep breath and filter out any petty anger you may have developed from the arguement. it looks admirable to other people over the internet (as it's a pretty rare sight in most places) and they will follow your example.

simple as that. respectfully state your opinion, if you get a response that's insulting then reply as if the flaming wasn't even there. then just report the post. it's not rocket science, and it's not complicated. it's something we all should learn someday. :dry:

Dark Drakan

Admin
cheezMcNASTY;276117 said:
i swear to GOD we have something almost exactly like this going on on the fable forums. if i didn't know any better i'd say you were orchestrating them both to coincide with eachother drakan. :lol:

The one at ProjectEgo was over one member and members reactions to him and his to them. Not a collective and groups of people over many months and then new people registering just to flame over this new game. So not exactly the same. =]

Only similarity was the lack of maturity some members have shown in both situations.

cheezMcNASTY;276117 said:
seriously, this all seems rather blown out of proportion. by all means disregard what i'm writing, as most of you seem to like doing, but this thread feels like preaching to the choir if you ask me. everyone knows what an insult is, everyone knows what a discussion is, and everyone knows what the rules are. if you as one member can compose yourself as a mature human being, and get through discussions without throwing your lunch at someone else, then you would be setting an example. believe it or not, it makes you come off as untrollable to most if you can just take a deep breath and filter out any petty anger you may have developed from the arguement. it looks admirable to other people over the internet (as it's a pretty rare sight in most places) and they will follow your example.

simple as that. respectfully state your opinion, if you get a response that's insulting then reply as if the flaming wasn't even there. then just report the post. it's not rocket science, and it's not complicated. it's something we all should learn someday. :dry:

I do agree with that though.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Dark Drakan;276126 said:
The one at ProjectEgo was over one member and members reactions to him and his to them. Not a collective and groups of people over many months and then new people registering just to flame over this new game. So not exactly the same. =]

i was more referring to how both communities nearly half a decade old each had a thread in the past week that had to be solely focused on how to listen to what other people say without flaming. i do have to say that this one has less arguing than the other one, though. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
cheezMcNASTY;276144 said:
i was more referring to how both communities nearly half a decade old each had a thread in the past week that had to be solely focused on how to listen to what other people say without flaming.

Ah, yeah quite the co-incidence there. Must be a full moon type of thing this month for flamers.

Top Bottom