• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Orphanage of demons?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well at least they explain what Dante (and Vergil) were doing throughout most of their lives, this also explains how Dante got his "I don't give two sh*ts" attitude in DMC3 and why he doesn't like demons. So, in a way, this game might actually ended up being a sort of, dare I say it, origin story for the franchise. I just hope they'll keep the white hair and somehow lead it up to DMC3, and I wish they loosened up his pants too.

I rather they dont as it should be its own thing,

Besides DMC3 was about Dante figuring out what he wanted to fight for which seems like ripe material for this game to discuss. I dont feel it would be a good idea to dodge the question just to leave it for another game.

Domenic93

Well in DMC1 Dante and Vergil haven't seen eachother in like around 20 years. But in DMC3, it was like a year later after they saw eachother....
But as you said, an orphanage seem better than being a bum for 5 years or so
well I have a theory for that, since it seems that only the high class demons can talk and they killed all of them in the temenigru vergil doesn't seem to be a guy who leaves any demon that could tell other demons were he is alive. when dante and lady killed the remaining demons from the tower and in the city. the fact that dante knew Vergil was alive within those twenty years would only be known to dante and lady.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
well I have a theory for that, since it seems that only the high class demons can talk and they killed all of them in the temenigru vergil doesn't seem to be a guy who leaves any demon that could tell other demons were he is alive. when dante and lady killed the remaining demons from the tower and in the city. the fact that dante knew Vergil was alive within those twenty years would only be known to dante and lady.

I must be really tierd, cause that didn't make sense to me. Can you dumb it down for me so that my small brain can keep up?>_<

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well Domenic is saying that Dante and lady knew vergil was alive after 3 but never told anyone.

To the world vergil is dead after the initial attack on dante's family and the reason why trish said that was because she was trying to earn dante's trust in order to lure him to mallet island.

Had she said ten, dante would have known something is up.

Railazel

I rather they dont as it should be its own thing,

Besides DMC3 was about Dante figuring out what he wanted to fight for which seems like ripe material for this game to discuss. I dont feel it would be a good idea to dodge the question just to leave it for another game.

That would be kind of pointless, don't you think? I'm up for character development as much as the next guy, but if this, being a reboot, takes on the same form of character development as its predecessor, it would make it pointless and unnecessary as of making so many changes as to say the same thing. I would rather them deal with another issue than Dante's resolve to fight, besides he already seems to have a strong reason to fight in the game anyways, why dumb it down just to be another DMC3?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That would be kind of pointless, don't you think? I'm up for character development as much as the next guy, but if this, being a reboot, takes on the same form of character development as its predecessor, it would make it pointless and unnecessary as of making so many changes as to say the same thing. I would rather them deal with another issue than Dante's resolve to fight, besides he already seems to have a strong reason to fight in the game anyways, why dumb it down just to be another DMC3?

The only reason i said that was i didn't want it too lead into 3 and i felt this game would have been the place to put that kind of character arc, given all that we know.

If this would be dante's first story, that arc would be a good arc to start with.

Unless they have another character arc in mind with Dante just gaining an acceptance of himself for being what he is. But then he could figure out his reason to fight making DMC3 rather pointless.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's an interesting notion, you know, an orphanige ran by devils. I mean, what goes on in there? Torture, brain washing, experimantation, training? It reminds me of Another, the anime, where the children try to pretend nothing is wrong but are constanly fearing for their lives. Or maybe like that House of Horror episode of the Simpsons where the teachers were eating the children, and how if it weren't funny it be a type of institutional hell. I douth it'll turn out like that but it'd be a good way to go.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think they captured Dante but he has been very hard to break. And the only way to keep his with in their grasp would be let his escape into another demons possession. But the over all goal would be to control him.
It might be the same agenda for the Angels as well. And that would make the angels bad in their own right or the angels could be against Dante for having demon blood in him.

That pic of the angels and Dante make me think the Angels are lured in by Dante's Angelic side but succumb to his Demonic side which makes them seem more sinful

Top Bottom