• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Orphanage of demons?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
DmC’s Dante is a young man who has no respect for authority or indeed society in general. Dante knows that he is not human, but also that he is not like the demons that have tormented him throughout his life. Caught between worlds, he feels like an outcast.

Dante grew up in various institutions, orphanages, youth correction facilities and foster homes but these were mostly operated by demons and often resulted in torture and violence. Dante has therefore developed a deep hatred of demons and authority in general but tries to stay incognito. He sides with the little guy, the victims of what he sees as an unfair society.

as someone on the site pointed out
I am hyped for this game but tone down the puberty

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^i thought this thread was connected to that...i was just explaining how this fits with what we know from the other DMCs...it's not like they're "drastically changing everything" as most seem to believe

Did we know the orphanages were run by demons though?

Really? it's this tiny tiny detail you're lookin at? troll much?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
no.jpg

Just no.

mrrandomlulz

^i thought this thread was connected to that...i was just explaining how this fits with what we know from the other DMCs...it's not like they're "drastically changing everything" as most seem to believe

Really? it's this tiny tiny detail you're lookin at? troll much?
Well this "Tiny Detail" seems to be the reason why Dante hates the demons so much. This tiny detail also means that place we saw in the first trailer was in fact ran by demons.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
seems legit to me...it could be an interesting story..and when you think about it, he kinda was an orphan...there was no Sparda in the picture and Eva was killed when they were young
*this

And thats how you make an orphan. You don't think Dante was born at the age of 18 do you? Or do you believe Eva didn't die or sparda is still around? Or maybe Vergil actually didn't leave and he raised his twin brother.
Besides the fact that this is old news(not the oldest) it seems NT is still trying to analyze everything about the previous DMC universe. And they are adding their own spin on it with substance.

mrrandomlulz

perhaps, so maybe they are keeping elements from the very first trailer.
See? by combining 2 pieces of old news we just might have solved a bit of mystery for the story without the need of a story trailer, all it took was a little thinking back, maybe this is all some part of an ARG that they will reveal before release date, personally I would prefer an ARG over a story trailer

Domenic93

I can't argue that him being in an orphanage is most likely cannon, and if it was just he was in an orphanage I would have been fine with it. but the rest of the details I'm not a fan of with the rest details. but overall the story seems like something that Hollywood or even Bollywood wouldn't touch it.

p.s. I already knew about the pictures

Railazel

Well at least they explain what Dante (and Vergil) were doing throughout most of their lives, this also explains how Dante got his "I don't give two sh*ts" attitude in DMC3 and why he doesn't like demons. So, in a way, this game might actually ended up being a sort of, dare I say it, origin story for the franchise. I just hope they'll keep the white hair and somehow lead it up to DMC3, and I wish they loosened up his pants too.

Top Bottom