• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One absolute reason why this is not a true DMC game

Chrysander

No it isn't necessarily a bad thing, but some people seem to be hoping that it will. I'm saying, don't hold your breath

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i will judge it when i see it but im not against a reboot since dmc was going nowhere and capcom didnt really care about answering any question.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
since dmc was going nowhere.

How so?

Because last time I checked DMC has a LARGE fanbase that has been pretty pleased with the product not to mention that DMC's sales have not been below average as of late.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Thats my opinion of how the storyline of the series was progressing.
The direction that DMC4 was taking it in didn't feel like the right move for it too make since Nero wasnt really a character we needed since we already had young dante(DMC3) that we could have done more with.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Thats my opinion of how the storyline of the series was progressing.
The direction that DMC4 was taking it in did feel like the right move for it too make since Nero wasnt really a character we needed since we already had young dante(DMC3) that we could have done more with.

But there could have been ALOT to expand on in the storyline.

Such as what Dante did years before DMC1 and after DMC3.
Did Dante really return from Hell in DMC2
What Nero's origin story is and how he is related to Sparda
A Game based off of Dante's early years a Tony Redgrave

There was still stuff that could have been expanded upon in the form of a game and now we will not get to see that since Capcom felt the need to reboot a series which IMO was doing just fine and did not need such a reboot.

Especially a reboot by a Game Developer who has a mediocre track record with games and has not even earned the credibility to even be trusted whith such a established franchise such as Devil May Cry.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

There was still stuff that could have been expanded upon in the form of a game and now we will not get to see that since Capcom felt the need to reboot a series which IMO was doing just fine and did not need such a reboot.

Especially a reboot by a Game Developer who has a mediocre track record with games and has not even earned the credibility to even be trusted whith such a established franchise such as Devil May Cry.

Dude, im sorry , i made a mistake in my last post , it was supposed to be didnt need instead of did need.

Jerry

Come to think of it why did capcom let NT develop DmC anyway why bother switching developers

Asmodaius

Come to think of it why did capcom let NT develop DmC anyway why bother switching developers

I guess because they wanted to try something new, go a new direction with the game. I guess they might have felt the game was turning stale, not developing in the way they wanted it to. Maybe they thought NT have some really good potential and wanted to give them a chance to make something good out of the DMC series. There could be many reasons to why they turned to Ninja Theory.

Why not ask them yourself?

Jerry

ya ninja theory didn't really make any groundbreaking or amazing games. I guess they just wanted to see Ninja Theory's true potential something.

Asmodaius

The two games I know NT from is Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, and thought there were nothing groundbreaking about their graphics or gameplay, the way they tell a story is just amazing. Graphics and gameplay were alright, but nothing breath-taking or new. NT's forte truly lies in their storytelling. And I think that will be good for the DMC series, because if there's something DMC has been lacking, it's good storytelling.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The two games I know NT from is Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, and thought there were nothing groundbreaking about their graphics or gameplay, the way they tell a story is just amazing. Graphics and gameplay were alright, but nothing breath-taking or new. NT's forte truly lies in their storytelling. And I think that will be good for the DMC series, because if there's something DMC has been lacking, it's good storytelling.

Not to mention what's been told says that NT isn't doing the gameplay, just the story.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!

I think Nero said/mention that dante "just came from hell" on the second or third cutscene..

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I think it's Capcom is doing the gameplay and NT is doing the storyline..

Nope, afraid not, they are doing pretty much everything, all they've said about Capcom Japans involvement is that "bosses are their specialty" so they are working in "super collaboration" with them, however I think from the look of the enemies/boss at the end of the second trailer, NT also did them themselves, I also feel that what was shown in the trailer wasn't as early a build as they are trying to make out, let's be honest the gameplay in the trailer could have been the finished product and they would still of put "work in progress gameplay" as a fail safe in case people weren't "blown out of the water" like they said to avoid more bad press.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!

That's what NT is doing

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
That's what NT is doing

Where has that been 100% confirmed?

So far would I have heard is mere speculation.

Some or saying this game is a prequel that will involve Dante as Tony Redgrave and some or saying it is a complete reboot that will not fit into the canon.

So please post a link that confirms that NT has 100% confirmed that this is a prequel story involving the Tony Redgrave storyline otherwise your comment is just speculation and not fact.

aka958

Don't trust people
It is a reboot, it has been confirmed, it has been re-confirmed, it has been re-re-confirmed.

It'll hold many similarities, many parts of the plots that will be alike but it doesn't tie in with the story of the original DMC storyline.

Top Bottom