• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

On the Devil May Cry 5 Panel Reveals [.txt to .mp3]

Exejpgwmv

Vash brings up a few the same gripes I have now:

All the weapons look good, but they should probably stop with the amount of leaks and reveals. And Capcom should definitely release at least a small demo available to the public so people can get hands on.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Vash brings up a few the same gripes I have now:

All the weapons look good, but they should probably stop with the amount of leaks and reveals. And Capcom should definitely release at least a small demo available to the public so people can get hands on.

Knowing Capcom, they won't have a downloadable demo until a month or two before the game is out. I like Vash, but he can be too much of a worry wart sometimes. If he is worried about spoilers now, wait until the game is a day from launch whoever gets the game early starts spoiling things on YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter. Dude, might as well avoid any social or videos sights altogether.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know what was one of the things that made me fall in love with this series the first time I played it? It was that scene where Dante gets impaled by Alastor and then he rises through the sword in the most natural way possible. That scene was badass and the fact that I didn't see it coming was a huge part of what made it impactful. I've mentioned before that in this day and age that scene wouldn't have the same impact because it would've been shown online multiple times over. It's hard to hold things quiet in this day and age so it's hard to be surprised the same way one could when the internet was not readily available to everyone and there is nothing quite like experiencing scenes like that when the controller's been in your hand the entire time.

I agree with this guy (even ir rumor has it that he hates this community). There is too much showcasing and not much being left to discover for the first time with the controller in one's own hand. They are rubbing people of the experience and and that in itself is a shame. Discovery is a huge part of the appeal. But I also understand why Capcom is doing it. This is the first DMC game in 11 years, and the first new release in the franchise since DmC, and we all know how that ended, with Capcom terminating the series until DMC4SE sold like water in the desert convinced them to give it another go. With their hopes riding high on this they are really trying to make that sale and not just baiting the fans but anyone and everyone who might be even slightly interested.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I think it's safe to be a little worried about the game; if it turns out lackluster or they fumble the release, then DMC might be dead.

He has some points, but this is nothing new for Capcom. They did this last time with DmC. People who had interest or excited for the reboot felt that they were revealing too much. All I know is I am going to see V's gameplay trailer if it is presented on December 6. After that I won't look at anything else. Ironically God of War 4 had the opposite, but given that one was more story focused it made sense. Though worried about the gameplay only had two trailers to go off of (both about a year apart), and we did not get anything until March 2018. For all the unofficial leaks, just don't look. A majority of the unofficial leaks, I chose to ignore for a good reason.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante gets impaled by Alastor and then he rises through the sword in the most natural way possible.

Wait, that looks natural to you though? Guy lifts himself up only with his legs doing some kind of reverse limbo. As unnatural as it can get, he looks possessed to me, wouldn't look out of place in The Exorcist.

Not that the scene is any less fascinating for it though. Quite the opposite in fact. Adds to the creepy vibes.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wait, that looks natural to you though? Guy lifts himself up only with his legs doing some kind of reverse limbo. As unnatural as it can get, he looks possessed to me, wouldn't look out of place in The Exorcist.

Not that the scene is any less fascinating for it though. Quite the opposite in fact. Adds to the creepy vibes.
I was being facetious. Next time I’ll put quotation marks on it to really drive the point across. Usually I compair the way Dante rises from the ground to Nosferatu but I think I’ve used that analogy more than enough times.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Don't forget the part where the large ass handle part of Alastor goes through his chest and back. Unless Alastor had a different hilt design where that sequence made more sense I don't understand why Dante just didn't pull the sword out of his chest. I mean he did it in DMC4. Its almost as if that scene in DMC4 was made to makefunof reference that scene in DMC1.

ShiningTempest

I have the same mentality as Vash and agree with him, he made a podcast on breakers and how they restrict combo potential.
How much of the skills have we seen?
How much is left to discover?
is this ALL for Dante? I would like just one more weapon please.

Top Bottom