• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Old but gold

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
How much time has passed since DMC4? 6 years now. But you know what's incredible? Its graphics is still incredibly enjoyable. Characters models and textures still stand their ground and pleasure the eye, especially if you think that it's a 2008 game (and that... ehm... "chest" physics is the best part, LOL). What do you think? Does the game still gets a sigh of marvel from you too, guys?

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Oh yes. The game really looked amazing when it came out, and it still looks better to me than most comparable games. Even DmC somehow looks less crisp than that old 2008 game. I'm sure that on PC it might look nice, but if you're playing on the 360, DMC4's graphics win easily. They're just so sharp, and the colors and contrast are great. Even the character models are better.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was impressed when I first played it. But as the years have gone on I've really come to dislike the game, especially the story, the countless times that I couldn't beat Sanctus Diabolo (or whatever it was), and Nero screaming 'Kyrie'. I just fell 'out of love' with the game.

The only thing that impresses me is the title screen with the 'shot' of the 'cathedral'... graphics are the only thing that I have left to like about it.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
About the game itself, yeah, if it were a complete game without backtracking, it would be really nice. It would be even nicer if the Devil Bringer arm were scrapped, because it makes no sense whatsoever. Capcom even admitted it had no place in the story, and that it was just a nice little gameplay mechanic they wanted to implement. As a result of the Devil Bringer, Nero makes no sense himself. Even though I liked him, he shouldn't exist.

Oh, and about the actual topic, I forgot to say that the cutscenes are so well-made, they made me want to actually re-watch them in the menu.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Graphics are the only real think I can praise DMC4 with along with gameplay, but even so there are still screen tears, badly pixelated textures on Dante and Nero, and during gameplay they look atrocious.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Graphics are the only real think I can praise DMC4 with along with gameplay, but even so there are still screen tears, badly pixelated textures on Dante and Nero, and during gameplay they look atrocious.
There was hardly any screen tearing. As far as I can remember, on the 360, it only happened in certain areas (the forest, IIRC). And it only happened when you were fighting in the air.

On the 360 as well as on the PC, I haven't seen any pixels on the character models. Not during combat, and not outside of combat either. So... I don't know, maybe this is a problem with your system.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
There was hardly any screen tearing. As far as I can remember, on the 360, it only happened in certain areas, and only when you were fighting in the air.

On the 360 as well as on the PC, I haven't seen any pixels on the character models. Not during combat, and not outside of combat either. So... I don't know, maybe this is a problem with your system.

Maybe but I do have issues with the shadows, the screen tearing during most of the boss battles, and again their models during gameplay being awful compared to their cutscene bodies.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Maybe but I do have issues with the shadows, the screen tearing during most of the boss battles, and again their models during gameplay being awful compared to their cutscene bodies.
I don't recall having any screen tearing during boss battles... not even when fighting Berial. That's why I find it so weird you did have that. I think the shadows did have pretty jagged edges, though.

The in-game models really weren't that bad at the time. It's a game from 2008, and the models look pretty good - it's only their facial animations that I find jarring, but you never see those during combat.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
All the other games in the series pale in comparison to DMC4 because of the graphics. I can understand with the older games that yeah, graphics weren't that sharp back then. But after DMC4 (and Bayonetta, even if it is by a different company), I'd have expected DmC's graphics to be mind-blowing. ....which I suppose they were, only they blew the wrong way. DMC4's graphics are amazing. Except for the facial expressions every now and then. Gah if you pause it at just the right spot, the faces ARE HILARIOUS. Especially Nero with his subtle petition to become Colgate's new smile with his teeth always showing.
But I love the game, I luuuuuvvvv the graphics.

Top Bottom