• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oh lol @ WoW

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Lmao

It was their choice to put it in the game.

It's your choice to play it. If you don't like what they did to their game, then don't play it.

Personally, I thought some of it was just goofy.

aka958

Don't trust people
BlueDevil;293349 said:
Lmao

It's your choice to play it. If you don't like what they did to their game, then don't play it.

Personally, I thought some of it was just goofy.

The game is rated for 12+. They have rules for games as well, pointing out sexual subjects that should rate the game 18+ should not be in a 12+ game. The guy who point it all out got banned for pointing it out.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
BlueDevil;293349 said:
Lmao

Although I dont care for WoW, I wanted to inquire about this quote. The following comments do not apply to the topic.

This is what developers need to watch. Just because its "their" game doesn't mean they can put whatever they like in it. Games are products, and developers has to either make a game that either caters to its consumers or has something interesting in it that resonates with the consumer so it can sell well. Its why gaming classics are hit and miss. Example of this would be...say Final Fantasy XIV. The developers put whatever "they" want in "their" game and its the consumer's choice to play it no? Now look at it. Developers need to strike a creative balance between their wants and likes in the game to what resonates with the consumers they aiming the product at.

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;293382 said:
Although I dont care for WoW, I wanted to inquire about this quote. The following comments do not apply to the topic.

This is what developers need to watch. Just because its "their" game doesn't mean they can put whatever they like in it. Games are products, and developers has to either make a game that either caters to its consumers or has something interesting in it that resonates with the consumer so it can sell well. Its why gaming classics are hit and miss. Example of this would be...say Final Fantasy XIV. The developers put whatever "they" want in "their" game and its the consumer's choice to play it no? Now look at it. Developers need to strike a creative balance between their wants and likes in the game to what resonates with the consumers they aiming the product at.

Not just that. They need to display the PEGI information correctly. A 12+ game should NOT have sexual references.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Most 12 year olds wouldn't understand the types of things this guy pointed out either

Also, who rated the game? Did Blizzard rate it or did someone else? If it was someone else, then it's not Blizzard's fault in my opinion. But I don't know.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I'm kinda half and half with this. You shouldn't put stuff like that in a game when the rating for the game is 12+ but again...I don't think most kids would even notice, they would just laugh and continue on with their quest/mission like nothing even happened.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
aka958;293383 said:
Not just that. They need to display the PEGI information correctly. A 12+ game should NOT have sexual references.
True.
BlueDevil;293385 said:
Most 12 year olds wouldn't understand the types of things this guy pointed out either
True as well, but that doesn't excuse it. Most 12 years old doesn't understand the mature themes of Heavy Rain either, but it still shouldn't be rated 12+. I'm personally against ratings but if they are going to have them...at LEAST enforce them.

aka958

Don't trust people
BlueDevil;293385 said:

Also, who rated the game? Did Blizzard rate it or did someone else? If it was someone else, then it's not Blizzard's fault in my opinion. But I don't know.

Blizzard's reaction (aka the link I posted to you) was what I was trying to point out. When someone points out stuff like this they get banned?

Faust;293388 said:
I'm kinda half and half with this. You shouldn't put stuff like that in a game when the rating for the game is 12+ but again...I don't think most kids would even notice, they would just laugh and continue on with their quest/mission like nothing even happened.

Esura;293389 said:
True.

True as well, but that doesn't excuse it. Most 12 years old doesn't understand the mature themes of Heavy Rain either, but it still shouldn't be rated 12+. I'm personally against ratings but if they are going to have them...at LEAST enforce them.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
aka958;293390 said:
Blizzard's reaction (aka the link I posted to you) was what I was trying to point out. When someone points out stuff like this they get banned?

And I completely understand Blizzard doing that.

Put it this way, if you've got a game that's working for everyone, and suddenly, one or two people get upset and start poking at your formula, what do you do?

You can either change it, and possibly upset the other people who play...upset the majority or you can warn/do away with the two or three that threaten your system with change. Yes, it's very conceited and in a way, mean, but it's a company who have made a game that a massive amount of people actually like and find nothing wrong with.

Something as small as this being poked at might seem harmless, but it'll just lead to other things

About the game being PEGI 12+, well that's not Blizzard's fault. I don't think they should have to change something to match the rating system that was obviously mistaken in the first place. The rating should be changed to match the game.

And as I said before, the people who play the game and don't like the few tiny things represented in the game's dialog (which if you play, you will realize that it's not even necessary to have...it's just a bit of extra flavor...) do not have to play it. If they don't want their kids to play it, then that's alright, and they can tell their kids 'no'

So yes, it is perfectly reasonable in my eyes to ban the dude pestering Blizzard over and over about this. Especially if they had something in the forum rules claiming that things like that shouldn't be posted.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;293383 said:
A 12+ game should NOT have sexual references.

It didnt have 'sexual' references it made the character fall in love with them. In Pokemon they had a similar move called charm that made a Pokemon fall in love with the enemy and not attack it. Im sure the person wouldnt complain if both Sexes had access to this move as they wouldnt seem 'sexist' then. Shes merely complaining that women are being portrayed as submissive objects it seems. However a lot of games and movies do exactly the same thing with men being the action heroes and women needing saving all the time or being eye candy.

aka958;293390 said:

They were banned for posting in a hostile manner and lacking a civil tone when posting and not simply posting a query. Thread was locked due to other members posting offensive comments and derailing it.

Personally id say all MMO games should be rated 15+ regardless of any adult content. However its up to the ESRB and BBFC to give out age ratings.

aka958

Don't trust people
BlueDevil;293413 said:
And I completely understand Blizzard doing that.

Put it this way, if you've got a game that's working for everyone, and suddenly, one or two people get upset and start poking at your formula, what do you do?

You can either change it, and possibly upset the other people who play...upset the majority or you can warn/do away with the two or three that threaten your system with change. Yes, it's very conceited and in a way, mean, but it's a company who have made a game that a massive amount of people actually like and find nothing wrong with.

Something as small as this being poked at might seem harmless, but it'll just lead to other things

About the game being PEGI 12+, well that's not Blizzard's fault. I don't think they should have to change something to match the rating system that was obviously mistaken in the first place. The rating should be changed to match the game.

And as I said before, the people who play the game and don't like the few tiny things represented in the game's dialog (which if you play, you will realize that it's not even necessary to have...it's just a bit of extra flavor...) do not have to play it. If they don't want their kids to play it, then that's alright, and they can tell their kids 'no'

So yes, it is perfectly reasonable in my eyes to ban the dude pestering Blizzard over and over about this. Especially if they had something in the forum rules claiming that things like that shouldn't be posted.

No. It is not reasonable. The person pointed it out, without even getting a response for the duration of 6 months. Call it pestering all you want, won't really change the fact that we got here. Blizzard is a great gaming company, but they should be able to respond to a question like this. Ill stated was the post that the person sent to the boards, but how do you think you would react if you were left without response from a question you have been wondering about for over 6 months?

Just wondering, do you play world of warcraft?

Dark Drakan;293416 said:
It didnt have 'sexual' references it made the character fall in love with them. In Pokemon they had a similar move called charm that made a Pokemon fall in love with the enemy and not attack it. Im sure the person wouldnt complain if both Sexes had access to this move as they wouldnt seem 'sexist' then. Shes merely complaining that women are being portrayed as submissive objects it seems. However a lot of games and movies do exactly the same thing with men being the action heroes and women needing saving all the time or being eye candy.

They were banned for posting in a hostile manner and lacking a civil tone when posting and not simply posting a query. Thread was locked due to other members posting offensive comments and derailing it.

Personally id say all MMO games should be rated 15+ regardless of any adult content. However its up to the ESRB and BBFC to give out age ratings.

In the event called Noblegarden there is an achievement titled “Shake your bunny-maker”, as if the achievement itself isn’t sexist enough it is followed by the text: “Use Spring Flowers to place rabbit ears upon females of at least 18th level”. Shake your money-maker is slang for prostitution as I am sure the persons responsible for making the achievement is well aware of, is it common belief with Blizzard Employees that it is ok for women, not men, over 18 to sell their bodies?

Worgen female flirts“Being #%!*!y is in my blood, don’t pretend you don’t like it”, “I just want someone to pat me on the head and tell me I’m a good girl” and “You can take me home, I’m house broke”, all of which are sexist and submissive.

And then we have the male goblin /silly: “He told me to tie her up, and do whatever I wanted to her. So I took her stereo.”

If that isn't sexual references I must be a pervert who likes to find words that can be used in a sexual meaning. :\

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;293421 said:
If that isn't sexual references I must be a pervert who likes to find words that can be used in a sexual meaning. :\

Sexist isnt a sexual thing in a manner of speaking just contains the word Sex in regard to gender.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;293435 said:
Sexist isnt a sexual thing in a manner of speaking just contains the word Sex in regard to gender.

I'm not the one who made the topic. The title over there and what is being said in the thread seems to differ alot. But still, the content there and it's arguments sounds valid to me. Not to the title of the thread but the actual arguments put in the thread.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;293445 said:
I'm not the one who made the topic. The title over there and what is being said in the thread seems to differ alot. But still, the content there and it's arguments sounds valid to me. Not to the title of the thread but the actual arguments put in the thread.

:lol: i know you didnt make the thread just making the point that the only sexual thing mentioned in that post is to do with prostitutes and shes only concerned that the women sell sex and the men dont. Main issue she has is people making women out to be objects and making them seem weak and submissive. This is done in many things from childrens TV shows/ movies/ games etc women are always shown to need saving by men or being protected by men (stereotypical examples). Its not meant to be offensive, as for her talking about using chemicals to drug women and then taking advantage of them has she not heard of love potions and love spells in children's books? Isnt that essentially the same thing?

If you analyse everything like that then you could pick fault in anything. I mean did people start questioning games for giving people the ability to take potions to increase speed and health (essentially performance enhancing drugs)? No because thats just over analysing. I mean surely Mario has some LSD problem if people want to be picky.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;293450 said:
:lol: i know you didnt make the thread just making the point that the only sexual thing mentioned in that post is to do with prostitutes and shes only concerned that the women sell sex and the men dont. Main issue she has is people making women out to be objects and making them seem weak and submissive. This is done in many things from childrens TV shows/ movies/ games etc women are always shown to need saving by men or being protected by men. Its not meant to be offensive, as for her talking about using chemicals to drug women and then taking advantage of them has she not heard of love potions and love spells in childrens books? Isnt that essentially the same thing?

If you analyse everything like that then you could pick fault in anything. I mean did people start questioning games for giving people the ability to take potions to increase speed and health (essentially performance enhancing drugs)? No because thats just over analysing. I mean surely Mario has some LSD problem if people want to be picky.

Not just Mario, every damn thing in the mario games. Have you seen how the map over world 1 in Mario 3 looks like? There are smilling bushes jumping back and forth.

The clouds are smiling, small black little stuff with boxer shorts jumps at you, there are flowers who can spray fire at you who live in pipes, the king toadstool is happy mushroom people, the cannon balls have eyes and sometimes hunts you, and then and then... o_O

That's not being picky, Mario's world has some serious problems. XD

On topic:
How about the playboy reference of giving bunny ears to females higher than level 18?
Or about "He tied her up and told me I could do anything I want with her..."?

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
@aka958

I've played it a few times in the past, though I'm not very fond of it. It doesn't really cater to my gaming preferences.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;293455 said:
On topic:
How about the playboy reference of giving bunny ears to females higher than level 18?
Or about "He tied her up and told me I could do anything I want with her..."?

My sisters baby wears a baby grow that has bunny ears on it doesnt mean its a reference to the playboy bunnies. I dont think a 12 year old will make the association between bunny ears and the Playboy Bunnies, i mean you can get Bunny ears in Dragon Quest. Anything he wants is pretty general and it doesnt imply anything and lets the players imaginations fill in the blank. Younger players will think one thing and older players will think another, its just catering for all audiences.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;293559 said:
My sisters baby wears a baby grow that has bunny ears on it doesnt mean its a reference to the playboy bunnies. I dont think a 12 year old will make the association between bunny ears and the Playboy Bunnies, i mean you can get Bunny ears in Dragon Quest. Anything he wants is pretty general and it doesnt imply anything and lets the players imaginations fill in the blank. Younger players will think one thing and older players will think another, its just catering for all audiences.

Yeah... still. <_<

Level 18+ females. Why just 18+ females? And why it's name "Shake the bunny maker"?

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;293561 said:
Yeah... still. <_<

Level 18+ females. Why just 18+ females? And why it's name "Shake the bunny maker"?

Maybe it IS a reference but 12 year olds wont be understanding the reference. No difference to 'shaking your tail feather' like in the song both mean the same thing and is reference to a dance. There are MANY adult references in things that are rated safe for children but most children wont understand the references. I mean even movies like Shrek have adult jokes in there that the kids dont 'get'.

Top Bottom