• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oh lol @ WoW

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree with Dark Drakan 100% on that. Toy Story and cartoons like the Animaniacs all had very heavy innuendos of naughtiness, but all that went right over my head as a kid. It's only as an adult that I pick up on it. The same with pop music, and games - kids don't pick up on sexual content (unless it's very in your face) because they haven't matured to the age where their minds are programmed to read between the lines, type of thing.

But then, I have a question. What is the point in ranting about sexual content in a 12+ game, when parents are funding games like F.E.A.R. and Bayonetta and Mafia II for their ten year olds? I sometimes wonder what the point is of the ratings of games because kids don't care, they just want, and parents don't care, they just buy.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Master Vergil;293568 said:
I agree with Dark Drakan 100% on that. Toy Story and cartoons like the Animaniacs all had very heavy innuendos of naughtiness, but all that went right over my head as a kid. It's only as an adult that I pick up on it. The same with pop music, and games - kids don't pick up on sexual content (unless it's very in your face) because they haven't matured to the age where their minds are programmed to read between the lines, type of thing.

But then, I have a question. What is the point in ranting about sexual content in a 12+ game, when parents are funding games like F.E.A.R. and Bayonetta and Mafia II for their ten year olds? I sometimes wonder what the point is of the ratings of games because kids don't care, they just want, and parents don't care, they just buy.

Ahhh, you got me there. I was going to say something similar but you said it better. ^_^ It's true...parents are getting CoD: Black Ops, Bayonetta ect ect for their children. To kids its just a game where you can shoot things, slash things and do cool things, they aren't mature to read between the lines as you stated.

aka958

Don't trust people
Good discussion everyone, MV, Dark Drakan convinced me.

Since I hate WoW I didn't have as much as a forgiving opinion on it, I think. But you know... haters gonna hate.

Top Bottom