• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OH GOD HELP!

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I've gotten the RROD five times now and the sixth I think finally killed it!

What do I do?!

Sending iit in to Microsoft is out of the question(Don't ask).

Dark Drakan

Admin
What have you been doing to your console? If its the same one thats had the RROD 5 times, then why didnt you just send it off the first time it had it? Thats what i did after mine got the RROD after 2 and half years of solid play. Not had a single hiccup since it was repaired.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Seriously, what HAVE you been doing to it? I've never known a 360 get a RROD THAT MUCH unless you've been using it 24/7.

There's not much you can do other than sending it back and getting it repaired, it'll pretty much end your problems

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Unless you've done something to void the warranty...then I guess you're pretty screwed...

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Well after each previous one it simply started to play again normally after I turned it off and on.

I was playing DMC3 trying to S everything and I had it on my 360 is it a chance that the heat from the ps2 did it?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Bringerofchaos;118240 said:
Well after each previous one it simply started to play again normally after I turned it off and on.

I was playing DMC3 trying to S everything and I had it on my 360 is it a chance that the heat from the ps2 did it?

Unless its in a cabinet where the heat cant escape then highly doubtful. They were all under extended warranty so i dont know why you couldnt merely send it off to be replaced unless you have fiddled with it.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
you only get RROD from overheating usually, or lack of cooling. With your next one(if you get another) keep it in a well ventilated area, and make sure that it wont overheat too easily

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dante Aseroth;118239 said:
Hail the X360!:lol:

LOL
This is why I have a PS3.

I feel sorry for ya Bringer. All these guys' advices should work for ya though. Me myself gave up on MS after the 3rd RROD.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dark Drakan;118276 said:
Unless its in a cabinet where the heat cant escape then highly doubtful. They were all under extended warranty so i dont know why you couldnt merely send it off to be replaced unless you have fiddled with it.
I had it on the it's side in a TV stand that had an opening in the front and back.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Bringerofchaos;118483 said:
I had it on the it's side in a TV stand that had an opening in the front and back.

Front and back is no good if its on its side and air cant escape out of the top. It just circulates hot air back into the console and overheats it.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I called Microsoft and they said they'd send me a box to put it in. I do leave the chords, right?

I take it I have to pay the shipping?:lol:

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Bringerofchaos;118819 said:
I called Microsoft and they said they'd send me a box to put it in. I do leave the chords, right?

Nope, I didnt, but then again, mines broke down in the middle of the RROD outbreak.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
We didn't pay for shipping when we sent ours back - they gave us labels to put on the box which I guess covered postage. Should be the same for you I guess

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos;118819 said:

Nothing but the console, take your faceplate off too as they dont need that either. I was the same as Sharon (Angel) i printed the labels off the Internet and was all free. I didnt pay a single penny to get mine repaired, was a great service that i even complimented over on ProjectEgo.Net.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos;119014 said:
Lets see what happens.

I'm waiting for the box to arrive. How long do you think it'll take?

I used my own box and sent it off, depends what your postal services and delivery times are like i guess.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos;119057 said:

Be around 3-5 days id imagine, depends when Microsoft get them to collect it also. I arranged my own collection on UPS website for when they picked up mine and as it was my own box i could arrange it for whenever i wanted.

Top Bottom