• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncarnatedDemon

It took them five damn years to reveal such unsatisfactory detail.

With this information in mind, I conclude that you were not Vergil's first and last «bitch» to enter his life.
Goes to show you how little they care about DMC from a creative standpoint. From a milking they care about it 100%.

Onecrazymonkey1

I just saw this thread after getting home and WTF?!?!?! Tell me it isn't so... just.....ugh

Anyway I never hated Nero at least not as much as everyone else did but that didn't mean that I wanted Vergil to be his father. The pics are not showing up on my computer so I'm going to have to figure out whats wrong but...to anyone who's read it, does it say that Nero is the son of a stripper or prostitute?

AlchemistFromEden

Kyrie's character has been to live in peace and harmony. Her beliefs was like that. Therefor she did not value violence. She believed in words of the deceiving sanctus.
But despite how weak state she was in (no fightning skills), she let go of Nero's hand and ran towards Credo when she saw that Credo was in danger. It says more about how loving character Kyrie is than anything else.
that's extremely cliche' and in no way makes her a good character, that's like saying that bubbles from powerpuff girls is deep -_-

Zilla

The inFAAMous
that's extremely cliche' and in no way makes her a good character, that's like saying that bubbles from powerpuff girls is deep -_-
Hey, man. Don't be hatin' on Bubbles. Powerpuff Girls was awesome, along with Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Johnny Bravo, etc, back when Cartoon Network was actually worth watching.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I'm not surprised. But still, how? How?

And, more importantly, who? I'm not one of those people who thinks Vergil is afraid of girls, but the chances of him knocking up some hapless chick in Fortuna and then swishing off into the sunset seems far more like Dante's style than Vergil's. Forget it, I'm gonna continue to interpret "Vergil's child" as "Vergil's clone" because this is stupid.

(Although I already reconciled the age thing. We're never told how much time passes between the end of DMC3 and the beginning of DMC1. If Vergil had relations shortly before DMC3 and at least ten or so years passed since then, Nero could be an older teenager by DMC4. It's still stupid but possible).

Also I agree that that artbook looks freaking sweet. I waaaant, I waaaant.

chocolatepanda

I can, you have to copy/paste the link. I'll have it better translated, but the problem is still...Vergil would have been nine when Nero was conceived, because DMC4 is by the director's statement ten years after DMC3, when the Twins were 19, and Dante was NOT in his 40/50s in DMC4. The only way it works is if it turns out that Nero has no actual parents and is a "son" in the same way Kid from Chrono Cross was Schala's daughter; spiritually cloned/split off. Even then, that is horrible storytelling and I can see WHY it was dropped from the story totally and why only Bingo still pushed it.

I thought Vergil and Dante were already super old since Spardas story took place 2000 years ago. He wouldnt be a legend(well not an old somewhat forgotten legend) if they were actually 19 in DMC 3 since he would've still been alive to get Eva pregnant so he would've still been somewhat well known.

EvilX-81

I'm personally not against Nero being Vergil's son, nor even if it was with a hooker; it all depends on how the details played out in the story.

Though with the latter, we may have already seen something like this before on InuYasha with Sesshomaru and that child he drags around. I don't know what the timeline is for DMC3-4, but this would make his banter of wanting power make more sense, especially when he told Dante "Without power, you can't protect anything."

Dante47

Does this surprise anyone? How else could they explain Nero's existence?

Remember when Nero says...
"From that day forth... my arm changed and a voice echoed, 'Power... Give me more power!'"

Remind you of anyone?

AlchemistFromEden

Hey, man. Don't be hatin' on Bubbles. Powerpuff Girls was awesome, along with Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Johnny Bravo, etc, back when Cartoon Network was actually worth watching.
it still is worth watching, just because you don't like the new things doesn't mean its bad

EvilX-81

Does this surprise anyone?

Kinda reminds me of the Tobi situation in Naruto. Everybody and their mother guessed who Tobi was at the beginning, but there was some dissension in the idea, as no writer would make the biggest, most obvious, and in some ways, only clue to the identity of their mystery villain be the respelling of their goddamn name.

Then the reveal happened, and the bulk of the fanbase flipped their tables in disgust.

How else could they explain Nero's existence?

Which has been the biggest problem. He is part devil "of a similar type" as confirmed by Dante, somehow repairs Vergil's sword, mutters similar phrases about craving power when he awakens his devil trigger, white hair, has the "power of Sparda" as said by the X500 Megapope...

All the clues basically pointed to this. If he wasn't Vergil's kin in some way, any other answer would probably be rather complex and grasping at straws.

AlchemistFromEden

Persona 4 opposed to DmC.
which doesn't mean that the characters don't have depth -_- because according to most writers who have seen the game's story,(sorry your fanfictions don't make you a writer), the story is actually a good satirical take on the modern world with its contemporary themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom