• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NT accomplished this and why the reboot may have saved the series

AlchemistFromEden

'k thankies for answering, but seriously WHAT. I don't really get what that gains you as a player, but ok.
exactly, it doesn't, its the mode you make you gf play ^-^
You know, if people dont buy a product, maybe because its bad? I know all ready what you will say if reboot wont sell good. That is another art piece from NT, but baaaaaaaaaad haters did not bought it because its not same as original series.[/quote
so everything that the majority doesn't buy is bad? that's terrible commercial logic -_-

Tiran

The great pretender.
I wouldn't say 'revitalize' as much it's expanded the definition of what the Devil May Cry franchise means as a whole now. Just another evolution turning the franchise from dark Gothic stylish to dark crazy anime stylish and now to dark underground rebellious punk stylish.

I'd actually like Capcom to take advantage of the hungry rabid fan-base and capitalize off all three concepts and both universes.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
1298746685410n129885834.jpg

I thought this thread could use some revisions, so I added pony

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I said maybe. I can agree about Okami or another good game that sold badly - Psychonaut.
It's just sad that Psychonauts sold bad. It's such amazing game. Though good news, they are working on Psychonauts 2 after they Kickstarter went well.

Gbraga

i'm sorry, i wasn't aware i wasn't aloud to express my opinion in forums, stop pretending to be a moderator gbraga -_-
You also need to stop that, that's such a poor argument. You see, I can do the same thing, "I wasn't aware I coudl'nt express my opinion about someone else's opinion :("

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I agree with most of your points about DmC, I'm really hoping it will become the Megaman X of the DMC universe. I really loved 4, well the first half of the game and Bloody palace, but your right, a game needs more than just deep combat to be great these days. Otherwise all we would need is a training dummy and a bunch of cool weapons to practice pulling off combos.
Also as much as I can really hate Capcom sometimes I do applaud it for being one of the very few Japanese developers to actually take risk. They could have given us DMC5 with the same ultra bad anime storyline, same Gothic castle locations, same 4 bosses to fight 88 times and likely some really awesome combat and fans would have eaten it up but then complained that the series was getting way too stale and how Capcom never does anything new. But they went out on a limb and let NT make DmC.

VergilNeroDante

I agree with most of your points about DmC, I'm really hoping it will become the Megaman X of the DMC universe. I really loved 4, well the first half of the game and Bloody palace, but your right, a game needs more than just deep combat to be great these days. Otherwise all we would need is a training dummy and a bunch of cool weapons to practice pulling off combos.
Also as much as I can really hate Capcom sometimes I do applaud it for being one of the very few Japanese developers to actually take risk. They could have given us DMC5 with the same ultra bad anime storyline, same Gothic castle locations, same 4 bosses to fight 88 times and likely some really awesome combat and fans would have eaten it up but then complained that the series was getting way too stale and how Capcom never does anything new. But they went out on a limb and let NT make DmC.

Well you would think Capcom would have learnt from their previous mistakes and make better of it. Hopefully with the knowledge they got from NT they can continue the original and finally finish the story they left untold and explain everything that was left out. Thats what Im looking forward toward seeing DMC 5, something that revitializes the original rather than the reboot. Just sit down Capcom and put what you learnt and the successful parts of the previous installments, with a vivid story to make it the best you ever did!

Why does everyone relate Nero to Ichigo? Never understood that.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Well you would think Capcom would have learnt from their previous mistakes and make better of it. Hopefully with the knowledge they got from NT they can continue the original and finally finish the story they left untold and explain everything that was left out. Thats what Im looking forward toward seeing DMC 5, something that revitializes the original rather than the reboot. Just sit down Capcom and put what you learnt and the successful parts of the previous installments, with a vivid story to make it the best you ever did!

Why does everyone relate Nero to Ichigo? Never understood that.
Probably Because they have the same voice actor and their personalities are kinda similar. Either way i still love Nero and wish that they had just removed Dante from that game all together. With all the time they spent making Dante's play through, they could have made some NEW levels and made Nero's plot a lot better. If they do make DMC5 I agree with you 100%, they need to take what they have learned from NT on art direction, cohesion, level design(and that's a huge one for me), and overall storytelling and mix that with their expertise in combat and it would likely be the perfect DMC game. I would prefer DmC2 but DMC5 would be awesome especially if Dante is not a parody of what Dante is supposed to be like he was in DMC4

Martius

SSSmokin!
That voice actor is Johnny Yong Bosch. From dmc wiki "His notable roles include Adam Park, the second Black Power Ranger, Green ZEO Ranger and the first Green Turbo Ranger in the Power Rangers series, Lelouch vi Britannia in Code Geass and Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach." Vergil voice actor in DMC3 is Daniel Southworth - Quantum Ranger, Eric Meyers, from Power Rangers Time Force. Trololo
I read some comment saying that in reboot "Vergil" voice actor played in one of last Power Rangers series, but i am not sure about that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's just sad that Psychonauts sold bad. It's such amazing game. Though good news, they are working on Psychonauts 2 after they Kickstarter went well.

It is a cool game actually. I saw a bit of it at a friends house, and really did have a deep concept to it as well.

Denariax

Sales don't mean quality whatsoever. Most games nowadays are bought not because of how good they are, but because who's playing them. If sales indicated quality, games like El Shaddai, Psychonauts, and Gravity Rush would be showered in cash.

Regardless, I'm kinda hoping DmC sells well so there'll be a dual-system between Capcoms DMC and Ninja Theory's DmC.

Top Bottom