• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NT accomplished this and why the reboot may have saved the series

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Sales don't mean quality whatsoever. Most games nowadays are bought not because of how good they are, but because who's playing them. If sales indicated quality, games like El Shaddai, Psychonauts, and Gravity Rush would be showered in cash.

Regardless, I'm kinda hoping DmC sells well so there'll be a dual-system between Capcoms DMC and Ninja Theory's DmC.
Yeah if sales equated quality then games like Odin Sphere, and Okami should be some of the best selling games of all time. I really hope this game does sell well because Capcom has no problem just totally dropping one of their big franchises, look at Onimusha, Megaman, and Dark Stalkers so no one would get what they wanted, no DMC5 or DmC2 for anyone.

AlchemistFromEden

Why does everyone relate Nero to Ichigo? Never understood that.[/quote]
because he is basically ichigo, he even has to save orihime at some points and has literally the exact same dialogue and reactions half the time

8BitHero

Scrub
I haven't seen much of the game as trying to remain spoiler free but I really like what I see so far. I agree with you about DMC4 it was boring bland and the story didnt interest me at all imo.
Neros story was good and pretty straight forward. Plus the combat was bloody awesome.
Tons of people button mash when playing games. So I guess Capcom thought it would be a good idea to include an Automatic mode for newcomers. I don't know why they did this.
Don't forget Super Nero/Dante and people still bitch about this game being easy.

Frazz

General gamer
Neros story was good and pretty straight forward. Plus the combat was bloody awesome.
Nero's story was OK/ Bad as it was mostly boring and lacking in any real depth to me. DmC's story is a lot better and its combat although not quite so technical is still amazing.

VergilNeroDante

Why does everyone relate Nero to Ichigo? Never understood that.
because he is basically ichigo, he even has to save orihime at some points and has literally the exact same dialogue and reactions half the time[/quote]

Well just because he is voiced by the same actor doesn't mean they are simliar, I think Nero has more emotion than Ichigo

Frazz

General gamer
because he is basically ichigo, he even has to save orihime at some points and has literally the exact same dialogue and reactions half the time

Well just because he is voiced by the same actor doesn't mean they are simliar, I think Nero has more emotion than Ichigo[/quote]
Nero has two emotions angry and sad.

ChaserTech

Don't forget Super Nero/Dante and people still bitch about this game being easy.

Super Nero/Dante were unlockables. Just like the super costumes in DmC. So it would make sense if the costume was in the game as an unlockable right after beating Dante Must Die mode.

And to be honest, some portions of boss fights can be incredibly easy.
If you guys thought Demon Dodging was broken in the demo, just wait till you see Level 2 Demon Dodging . . .

Frazz

General gamer
Super Nero/Dante were unlockables. Just like the super costumes in DmC. So it would make sense if the costume was in the game as an unlockable right after beating Dante Must Die mode.

If you guys thought Demon Dodging was broken in the demo, just wait till you see Level 2 Demon Dodging . . .
You don't have to use the demon dodge though - I have not bought it because I want the game to be as difficult as possible.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover

That is perhaps my biggest issue, seems waaaay overpowered and they should really make it a little weaker. Also I dont like how it can get you an almost instant SSS ranking. I still really like this game but that is something I wont be taking advantage of.

ChaserTech

You don't have to use the demon dodge though - I have not bought it because I want the game to be as difficult as possible.

Just because you have an option to use it doesn't mean it's less broken when used. It's still pretty broken.

AlchemistFromEden

That is perhaps my biggest issue, seems waaaay overpowered and they should really make it a little weaker. Also I dont like how it can get you an almost instant SSS ranking. I still really like this game but that is something I wont be taking advantage of.
power of a nephilim dude, i actually love the concept that his true power is so strong that it screws up limbo, dmc1 devil trigger was OP as hell, you could destroy people with those lightning strikes and you could fly, can't wait to see the evolved one in the next game, just because they dumbed down devil triggers in 3 and 4 doesn't mean they should for this

8BitHero

Scrub

Yeah but you can easily take advantage of the boss in DMC4 too. Like using Shoryuken on Ice Frog boss. Instant kill. DMC4 having automatic mode was for the casuals but they don't want to acknowledge it or don't even know what it is.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
One of proofs that NT did not balanced it or did not care about it. Its bad sign.
Perhaps, but so far that's been my only gripe combat wise. But I will just simply not use it. Pretty much every game has at least one ultra cheap overpowered something in it. It just happens when you spend 3-4 years working so closely on something. Probably seemed like a good idea on paper.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Yeah but you can easily take advantage of the boss in DMC4 too. Like using Shoryuken on Ice Frog boss. Instant kill. DMC4 having automatic mode was for the casuals but they don't want to acknowledge it or don't even know what it is.
Yeah DMC4 had a lot of cheap overpowered stuff for players to use that made the game super easy. You could pretty much kill everything in the game with Nero's gun and the Gilgamesh. But I just dont find that fun for me at least. It's there for people who want to have an easier time just automatic mode. That's a perfectly fine design choice and a smart one when you want more than just the ultra hardcore to buy your product. It never affected how I played just Like Demon dodge does not matter for me much.

ChaserTech

Real Impact didn't do as much damage until you used used Distortion on it. It also required the enemy to be still.

The most powerful move in the game is considered to be a Level 2 Just Charged Distorted Straight. Even so, it requires a good amount of timing to be able to pull off consistently as well as D.T. meter. And you need time to execute it.

Frazz

General gamer
Just because you have an option to use it doesn't mean it's less broken when used. It's still pretty broken.
I understand that dude!:) I am just saying that one shouldn't complain too much about it if they are not going to use it. I do recognise that it is a problem but I don't use it so it doesn't affect me if you can see where I'm coming from.

8BitHero

Scrub
Real Impact didn't do as much damage until you used used Distortion on it. It also required the enemy to be still.

The most powerful move in the game is considered to be a Level 2 Just Charged Distorted Straight. Even so, it requires a good amount of timing to be able to pull off consistently as well as D.T. meter. And you need time to execute it.
Point...

Top Bottom