• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Now That There's No DMC In Development...

IncarnatedDemon

I am very tired of crappy done DMC games.
DMC 3 story could been better.
DMC 4 gameplay and story could been way better.

So i say, either put 100% into next DMC project, or just let DmC continue. Or bury the serie.
or sell the original serie to PG.
Just stop being so lazy Capcom.

And for love of all thing that is DMC and Dante...don´t involve NT with DMC 5 or any DMC game story.

I hope when MGR is out someone makes a Dante mod. Then i´ll use that Dante mod and pretend MGR is DMC 5 lol.

And Dante is on a mission to save demons from stealing brains of childs to power up demonic containers.

And when Raiden says "JACK IS BACK", i will put a genjutsu on myself and hear "THIS PARTY IS GETTING CRAZY!".

:D

Seriously, i´ll be enjoying a Dante mod in MGR.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I am very tired of crappy done DMC games.
DMC 3 story could been better.
DMC 4 gameplay and story could been way better.

So i say, either put 100% into next DMC project, or just let DmC continue. Or bury the serie.
or sell the original serie to PG.
Just stop being so lazy Capcom.

And for love of all thing that is DMC and Dante...don´t involve NT with DMC 5 or any DMC game story.

I hope when MGR is out someone makes a Dante mod. Then i´ll use that Dante mod and pretend MGR is DMC 5 lol.

And Dante is on a mission to save demons from stealing brains of childs to power up demonic containers.

And when Raiden says "JACK IS BACK", i will put a genjutsu on myself and hear "THIS PARTY IS GETTING CRAZY!".

:D

Seriously, i´ll be enjoying a Dante mod in MGR.

Granted DMC3's story could've been done better (same can be said about DMC1 and I mean A LOT) but I don't see PG doing a much better job at it (story that is)....nor do I see Capcom striving to outdo DMC3's story (most likely the gameplay). I don't think Capcom (or Itsuno) really cares much about story considering practically all of his other games outside DMC has zero emphasis on story (Dragon's Dogma is a strong example of a lazily done story following the western fantasy storytelling formula to the book but its still herald as one of Capcom's greatest new IPs this gen or SNK VS Capcom which well in Capcom fighting game tradition has no story but is still herald as an amazing fighting game).

Story =/= the deciding factor that makes a game great

Nor does a bad story makes a game terrible for if that is the case Bayonetta would be a lazy game and Ninja Gaiden series a mediocre series and God of War would be the best hack and slash series ever and Heavenly Sword would be good (cue hate in 3 2....).

IncarnatedDemon

I just think Capcom and PG can work on their stories.
As for DMC 1, come on dude...that was from 2001.
And honestly DMC 1 story is most emotional of all of them. The credit list showing Eva picture with amulet and sad music...such perfect combination. It sumed up everything that DMC 1 was about.

Nowdays (and why not) a good game (gameplay) must be accompanied by a decent story. And this will make the game as a whole more appealing.
Some people play games for stories, not for the gameplay...

Take this scene in Anarchy Reigns, i absoutely love it. Its amazing how unserious looking characters talking can invoke a emotion of sadness, making me think "Dam..." just like Baron.
PG didn´t have to spell it out "A + B = D", the way Baron reacted told me everything i needed to know what was going through Baron´s mind. It made me feel for Jack.

5:57

I didn´t take Bayonetta story seriously. I didn´t feel anything. It was just a story placeholder to me.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I just think Capcom and PG can work on their stories.
As for DMC 1, come on dude...that was from 2001.
And honestly DMC 1 story is most emotional of all of them. The credit list showing Eva picture with amulet and sad music...such perfect combination. It sumed up everything that DMC 1 was about.

Nowdays (and why not) a good game (gameplay) must be accompanied by a decent story. And this will make the game as a whole more appealing.
Some people play games for stories, not for the gameplay...

Take this scene in Anarchy Reigns, i absoutely love it. Its amazing how unserious looking characters talking can invoke a emotion of sadness, making me think "Dam..." just like Baron.
PG didn´t have to spell it out "A + B = D", the way Baron reacted told me everything i needed to know what was going through Baron´s mind. It made me feel for Jack.

5:57

I didn´t take Bayonetta story seriously. I didn´t feel anything. It was just a story placeholder to me.

Anarchy Reigns is a pretty good story but it still has it fair share of issues and can be much better.

1. Any character that is not Jack, Leo, and Max (as well Nikolai and even Baron....on a special occasion) is irrelevant and gets no development.
2. It sometimes wastes time with certain events that goes nowhere (like the first parts of White Side chapter 1 with Durga was practically pointless all they did was introduce a guy and kill him off with serving zero relevance to the plot but to literally introduce him).
3. Characters are just lazily thrown in there because they need to have some screen time and made irrelevant after one boss fight.
4. The story has a sh*t ton of questions and ends with more questions without resolving not one question but hinting at one (its practically DMC4).

Having sad/emotional moments does not equate to quality story telling. Its a matter of structure, progression, character growth, plot development, and other elements tied in with how it incorporate and manipulate your emotions.

2001 is a lame excuse for there has been plenty of stories in video games that came out before DMC that did a solid or better job at story telling such as Capcom's own Onimusha which came out before DMC and has a far better plot, with more dynamic and deep characters, and superior writing and emotional moments and even better memorable emotional soundtracks and it was writing by the same guy who wrote DMC (1) along with some other dudes. What did he forgot how to write with DMC1 because he sure did do an amazing job with Onimusha 2 and Onimusha 3 (along with the other dudes) or did Kamiya wore him down?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
mqdefault.jpg

Pictured: How DMC's story is made.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm kinda busy with GTA V more than anything else at the moment. The new Arkham game is coming out soon though. I'd like to pick that up if only I could get my hands on the extra cash.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
IT SHOULDN'T BE CALLED NINJA GAIDEN. IT'S TOO DIFFERENT.

still though some gaiden fans may bycott buying it buy comparing them so dropping gaiden from the name may help it

I completely agree that it should not be named ninja gaiden z i believe because its so different for the original series that it should have its own name its nothing like the other gaiden games and while others may find you amusing i dont appreciate being mocked dont like my opinion dont read what i write i dont like where theyve gone with the series with ninja gaiden z i believe it shouldnt be considered a part of the gaiden games thats my right to think that i dont go and insult your opinions id appreciate it if you dont dis mine

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

Also this made me lol i keep forgetting your a naruto fan(which is silly cuz of your avi but still lol) i cant wait for the new batman game but unfortunately ill have to my time is going towards the dmc series and s ranking assassins creed 3 and finishing other games for easier gamer scores that i have such abandoned (dark sector, iron man(1) RE-4-5-6) ETC so may games so little time between dance and work and family

IncarnatedDemon

Also this made me lol i keep forgetting your a naruto fan(which is silly cuz of your avi but still lol) i cant wait for the new batman game but unfortunately ill have to my time is going towards the dmc series and s ranking assassins creed 3 and finishing other games for easier gamer scores that i have such abandoned (dark sector, iron man(1) RE-4-5-6) ETC so may games so little time between dance and work and family
To be honest way Naruto story has been going as of late has bored me pretty much.

As of today i am fan of characters and their struggles mostly. I don´t care for the main plot
  • Hyuuga Hinata: The struggle to overcome depression and become a strong shinobi, hopefully she will become head of Hyuuga
  • Shikamaru: A kind guy who is very intelligent. He was one of the few people that acknowledged Naruto
  • Chouji: He´s also interesting character. Very kind.
  • Sai: A character that grew up with a branch of Konoha military, where they supressed his emotions. He knew little of friendship and bonds.
  • Maito Gai : A really kind and awesome teacher
  • Rock Lee: Student of Maito Gai, he is also really kind and awesome (very funny guy)
  • Hyuuga clan
  • Uzumaki clan
  • Naruto - Hinata relationship: These two are lovely together.
Uchiha Sasuke
Uzumaki Naruto
Haruno Sakura
the three main characters, for most part bore the hell out of me nowdays.

Here is a short story made by a fan about where Naruto talks to Hinata about what she did for him during a enemy invasion of Konoha.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
To be honest way Naruto story has been going as of late has bored me pretty much.

As of today i am fan of characters and their struggles mostly. I don´t care for the main plot
  • Hyuuga Hinata: The struggle to overcome depression and become a strong shinobi, hopefully she will become head of Hyuuga
  • Shikamaru: A kind guy who is very intelligent. He was one of the few people that acknowledged Naruto
  • Chouji: He´s also interesting character. Very kind.
  • Sai: A character that grew up with a branch of Konoha military, where they supressed his emotions. He knew little of friendship and bonds.
  • Maito Gai : A really kind and awesome teacher
  • Rock Lee: Student of Maito Gai, he is also really kind and awesome (very funny guy)
  • Hyuuga clan
  • Uzumaki clan
  • Naruto - Hinata relationship: These two are lovely together.
Uchiha Sasuke

Uzumaki Naruto
Haruno Sakura
the three main characters, for most part bore the hell out of me nowdays.

Here is a short story made by a fan about where Naruto talks to Hinata about what she did for him during a enemy invasion of Konoha.

Sorry youve found yourself bored with it im stillv ery much into the series along with bleach lol idk why just still into the story im sure ill get bored at some point

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I completely agree that it should not be named ninja gaiden z i believe because its so different for the original series that it should have its own name its nothing like the other gaiden games and while others may find you amusing i dont appreciate being mocked dont like my opinion dont read what i write i dont like where theyve gone with the series with ninja gaiden z i believe it shouldnt be considered a part of the gaiden games thats my right to think that i dont go and insult your opinions id appreciate it if you dont dis mine

i didnt diss u or mock your opinion dude at all if you think i did then sorry

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ha i remember those days from long ago hard to get excited now,though after playing for so long ive been playing dmc since 2001 makes me feel old

Top Bottom