• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Now That There's No DMC In Development...

Martius

SSSmokin!
We will see, spark so far have not made anything good but they have Inafune company helping them.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
ninja gaiden is a game known for difficulty this game is not featuring ryu hayabusa its a game for fun with ninja gaidens combat mechanics for chopping up zombies loads of blood and gore and fun its not a gaiden game so there not comparable dude but if you dnt wanna play dnt buy it i however love hack and slash and i love zombie games so its win win for me

I prolly wont buy it just because..idk i just dont like where theyve gone with it but each to their own

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
gaiden 2 is still the best of em to me nothin will surpass that game which is why its nice to have gaidens combat to mess with and chop up zombies its like ng and dead rising crossover

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
gaiden 2 is still the best of em to me nothin will surpass that game which is why its nice to have gaidens combat to mess with and chop up zombies its like ng and dead rising crossover

idk its just not the same for me without ryu i mean with dmc atleast its still dante( punkish but still him) i dont know yaiba hes a cyborg im against zombies where there should be demons and ninja's etc idk it just doesnt sit right with me

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the dmc reboot was based on the principals.of the original demon killing combat and dante and vergil ninja gaiden z is nothin to do with the hayabusa clan or ryu outside of him being the enemy and zaiba its zombies but its a game for a laugh its not meant to be taken seriously dude your comparing it to regular gaiden but its a seperate game so should be judged on its own

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
the dmc reboot was based on the principals.of the original demon killing combat and dante and vergil ninja gaiden z is nothon to do with the hayabusa clan or ryu outside of him being the enemies.and yabits zombies but its a game for a laugh its not meant to be taken seriously dude your comparing it to regular gaiden but its a seperate game so should be judged on its own

Should the reboot be considered seperate as well(dmc i mean)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
yes the reboot is a seperate game from the original but its core is based on the original zaiba.has no similarities to gaiden it has a differnt back story different main character and no ninjas just zombies

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
yes the reboot is a seperate game from the original but its core is based on the original zaiba.has no similarities to gaiden it has a differnt back story different main character and no ninjas just zombies

Well to each their own im just saying i wont be buying it throws me off too much

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If hack and slash is what you want especially one where you want mindless fun with a deep and stylish combat system I strongly recommend the Sengoku BASARA series.

Created by the guys who worked on Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4 it features similar mechanics (guarding, parrying, Hero Time/Stylish Time, BASARA's equivalent to Quick Silver, Special Arts S-Strings, basically Crazy Combos from DMC3, rebound/Flipper, and cancels/canceling) and is like a fusion of DMC and Koei's Dynasty/Samurai Warriors. So you can pull off various stylish and creative combos as you decimate legions of mooks and enemies with dozens of different characters with large movesets and deep and unique movelists (as well as loaded with DMC references).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN5o8PzTH6Y
Just listing a few characters and their movesets to show how each character set apart from each other in how they play.

Only 2 games came to the US, Sengoku Basara 1 (Devil Kings in the US) and Sengoku Basara 3 (Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes in the US) with Sengoku Basara 4 on the way next year. I recommend SB3 (or Samurai Heroes) but if you can find it get SB3 Utage (basically a special edition with double the character roster, extra story content, extra modes, and an extra gameplay mechanic...switching between characters) and if you can understand Japanese (granted its not hard to get into it due to the language barrier and not understanding what they're saying is not really a big deal) or you can set your sights on the upcoming Sengoku Basara 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ai01gbR21I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LfU_Xz1H2M&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWTtpqW6lko5JrIsoBv61Kw

Other than Bayonetta its the closest thing to Devil May Cry coming out.

Top Bottom