• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
People, get a box of tissue for this, your gonna need the whole thing. In Famisu magazine it is said that NERO WILL REPLACE DANTE AS THE MAIN CHARACTER FOR GOOD!!! :mad:

Something about them being bored with Dante. How the hell do you get bored with Dante??? He IS DMC at least they could make Vergil a protagonist for one of them!

It's in Japanese but heres a link on Live journal with some scans and comments. Dante is also an official boss. http://community.livejournal.com/devil_may_cry_c/216937.html

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
But in this DMC Dante does play a REAL big part in the game..... and imagine DMC without Dante.
It is just one huge sin!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I really think that was the site's speculation. Capcom is not stupid. DMC2 got bought by many people even though many of them knew that it was horrible in comparison to DMC1. But it had Dante in it.;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I hope you're right Redgrave.

I read that people don't like mature/older Dante and thats one of the reasons they are replacing him. But who's fault is that?! First of all, when you get a character that people like you don't keep changing him. And I personaly don't mind older Dante I just don't want him too old and mature because Im used to playful, crazy, cool, Dante. I don't mind him being serious when he needs to be, it's required, but when you change his whole character (Like in dm2) then it ****es people off. Doesn't capcom realize that?

And im not talking to anyone on the forum directly, im just ticked at capcom, so please excuse me if I sound nippy.

bluedemon

DARK SLAYER
well... maybe dante's getting too old and he wants to hand the towel to nero now. dont get me wrong im frusterated too but maybe there will be new begginings:O

$JP

Supreme Ruler
just think about it. Dante is a devil, well half of one. Nero is NOT!!!!! So how could it be Devil May Cry if Nero isnt even a Devil? We could see that change in DMC4 but for now, I'm just pretty ticked off.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I don't know if replacing Dante with Nero would destroy the series. There are fans of the DMC who just like the game and aren't too concerned with who's the main character as long as Capcom don't make the character badly. I'm sorry to say that it is looking more like that Nero is going to be Dante's replacement so I'm expecting DMC5 just to be Nero with no Dante. You have to consider if Capcom wanted Dante to be the only main character in the DMC series they wouldn't have introduced Nero. Plus they made Dante age so there is going to be a day when he can't fight anymore. They would have made it so he didn't age if they were planning on a long term series with just Dante. It's going to be sad when Dante finally goes from the series but that's how things go in the gaming world. They either get the main character replaced or they kill the series off. Not really sure which ones worse. This is just my view on things.

morrigan

If they'll replace Dante they will lose a Huge Fan Base of Dante and Vergil. Besides, Capcom is going to use both of them - Nero and Dante. It was official application.
By the way, Dante in DMC2 was older than in DMC3. So... His age doesn't mean anything. Dante and Nero already know each other. So storyline has many possible ways.

Fallen Angel

Devil Hunter
Dmc with out dante isn't dmc.
As mentioned earlier.
I hope this is just another one of capcom's not very well thought about thoughts.If that makes sense.
Let's hope they come to their senses.

Zato-OW

King
Well Dante Does Own "Devil May Cry" Bounty Hunting service so im sure they wont replace him Unless Nero comes to work for him then they do a Split game with the both of them again.

dejastar

Devil done crying
Well its sad news indeed! DMC4 as a spin-off? Like friend then that dumb show Joey. Boo you Capcom, boo you indeed. Thats like a Street Fighter game with no Ryu!

Top Bottom