• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory talks overhauls and backlash

ninjaa93

it doesn't matter who he is suddenly idk compared to a couple of days ago,your acting an ass so please stop.

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul
this thread feels like a spanish soap opera....
images

somekidfromthe90's

ON TOPIC: I don't really see the issue with the NT PR i feel like people just needled and poked at insignificant/inane things that might have otherwise been overlooked. Any differing opinions?

berto

I Saw the Devil
this thread feels like a spanish soap opera....
Excuse me but our soap operas have many more plot twists than this. In order for this to turn into a spanish language soap opera the plot twist needs to involve a (a)long lost, thought to be dead, good twin brother seeking vengence on his resently deseased evil twin brother while possing as him, (b) the milk man, (c) a catfight, and (d) mexican mustages, and they can all be just one character.

somekidfromthe90's

Excuse me but our soap operas have many more plot twists than this. In order for this to turn into a spanish language soap opera the plot twist needs to involve a (a)long lost, thought to be dead, good twin brother seeking vengence on his resently deseased evil twin brother while possing as him, (b) the milk man, (c) a catfight, and (d) mexican mustages, and they can all be just one character.
La Casa De Guadalupe

berto

I Saw the Devil
Back on issue.

I find it rather off putting that they'd be interested in how the female audiences in Japan are enjoing the refurbish. This emphesis on making the characters atractive is just odd to me, it's one of the whys DMC4 is so offputting. The idea is as old as theathre itself, so it's nothing out of this world, but to focus so much on that is no different to me than a game that hopes to draw in sales by making the women look like they're on the way to working the corner.

I was honestly hoping that that was one of the things that DmC wouldn't inherit from DMC4.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Back on issue.

I find it rather off putting that they'd be interested in how the female audiences in Japan are enjoing the refurbish. This emphesis on making the characters atractive is just odd to me, it's one of the whys DMC4 is so offputting. The idea is as old as theathre itself, so it's nothing out of this world, but to focus so much on that is no different to me than a game that hopes to draw in sales by making the women look like they're on the way to working the corner.

I was honestly hoping that that was one of the things that DmC wouldn't inherit from DMC4.
I don't think they're purposely pandering to the female audience I think what Dom said was more of a joke, it might just turn out that Japanese women find New Dante attractive.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Back on issue.

Well would you rather have an ugly Dante with a beer belly and yelling "YOLO" all the time?

A main character has to have at least some form of charm or attractiveness.

Plus how could he have scored so many girls in the back story trailer without being good looking.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well would you rather have an ugly Dante with a beer belly and yelling "YOLO" all the time?

A main character has to have at least some form of charm or attractiveness.
As shallow as all that sounds I am well aware of that. Like I said, it's as old as theatre itself.

There is nothing wrong with making a character appealing, infact it's one of the principals of animation, but when your drive seems too fucused on it I get uncomfortable thinking about where their prioreties are, that's all.

There is one game where they changed the main character's design from the Japanese to the American releases. Noir, or Nier? It was a Square game. They made the American verison big, bulky, and with a more thugish air to 'em. He went from a pretty boy to an old vicking. The point is that there are also people who don't like the notion of an androginis prety boy for a lead, two sides of the argument.

Personally, I don't care that they make him "appealing to women," it just makes me wonder when they put too much emphesis on it.
Plus how could he have scored so many girls in the back story trailer without being good looking.

I actually found that scene rather farfetched and eye role worthy.

But to answer your question, if you are uggly and score those many chicks there is only one explination. Pleanty o' cash.

Top Bottom